Jewish stampede kills many celebrants

We're devastated over this.

I was listening to it on the news yesterday....something like 44 people, including children, killed and many many more injured. My heart to yours Lipush, it's an unbelievable tragedy :(

I was listening to it on the news yesterday....something like 44 people, including children, killed and many many more injured. My heart to yours Lipush, it's an unbelievable tragedy :(
There is going to be a public enquiry over this. Looking at the site and the exit route I cant believe that they had a safety certificate for the numbers present.
These things have happened in other countries and I cant believe that information is not shared around the world so that we are all made safer.

There is going to be a public enquiry over this. Looking at the site and the exit route I cant believe that they had a safety certificate for the numbers present.
These things have happened in other countries and I cant believe that information is not shared around the world so that we are all made safer.

I think it's partially "experience" (this ceremony took place since the early 1900 and it was always overcrowding but never anything beyond a few injuries, hence the belief that nothing can really happen, plus this site is considered 'sacred' by many Jews, who believe God himself protects it) and partially awful negligence by both the government and the police.

There is a recording going on in which a young paramedic contacts the MDA, begging for them to send emergency vehicles, and during that phone call, less than 3 minutes long, about 5 people die. The poor guy is traumatized by what's going on around him. It was horrible to listen to.

Forum List

Back