Jim Webb: does he have a shot?

-S-

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2015
I never knew much of him, just that he was 'exploring' the option of seeking the Democratic nomination. I did a little research on him in the last hour or so, and DANG. I like him.
Decorated Vietnam vet, Sec.of Navy under Reagan, Virginia senator, writer.
He's passionate about opportunity inequality for the middle/lower class, not afraid to break ranks when he disagrees with the party, seems to know foreign policy VERY well, and in debates he takes no prisoners:

I'm feeling pretty good about him, if he can bring it in the primary debates like he did back in the Bush years.

I never knew much of him, just that he was 'exploring' the option of seeking the Democratic nomination. I did a little research on him in the last hour or so, and DANG. I like him.
Decorated Vietnam vet, Sec.of Navy under Reagan, Virginia senator, writer.
He's passionate about opportunity inequality for the middle/lower class, not afraid to break ranks when he disagrees with the party, seems to know foreign policy VERY well, and in debates he takes no prisoners:

I'm feeling pretty good about him, if he can bring it in the primary debates like he did back in the Bush years.

I agree with you. And he has Military Time. That's more than can be said about the other losers on both sides.

He is the best one that might run and I hope he does. For a change, I won't have to hold my nose when I pull that lever.

100% relevant and true Batman reference: Jim Webb is the candidate that America needs. But sadly, not the candidate that it wants.

That remains to be seen......
200.gif

100% relevant and true Batman reference: Jim Webb is the candidate that America needs. But sadly, not the candidate that it wants.

I really wish you were wrong but you probably are on the Money. Webb isn't a died in the wool extreme liberal. He's a Moderate. He could belong to either party. He chose the Dems as the Reps left a bad taste in his mouth. Unfortunately, the Dems won't back someone that is Moderate. That's the reason Hillary won't get the nod either.

I really wish you were wrong but you probably are on the Money. Webb isn't a died in the wool extreme liberal. He's a Moderate. He could belong to either party. He chose the Dems as the Reps left a bad taste in his mouth. Unfortunately, the Dems won't back someone that is Moderate. That's the reason Hillary won't get the nod either.
The only Dems I like are Webb and Warner. Both Virginians so I suppose I'm biased. But I think Hillary will run away with it. I'd prefer her over the current republican field.

Forum List

Back