Job insecurity at the highest level in 10 years.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
How to tell when a Democrat is lying: Their lips are moving.

Biden did so much of that last night that he broke the fact-checkers.

In fact, Day 1 of the 2024 Democratic Party Convention was a Lie-Fest.

Are you worried?

Well, you seem to be celebrating what Biden-Harris has wrought, as mentioned in the OP. How odd.

Yeah, we should all be worried because if Harris wins, there will be more of the same as we see in the OP.

The Democrat Gaslighting Machine tells us that they created a bazillion jobs. So why are Americans so concerned about losing their jobs in this crap economy? Could the Democrats be lying again?

Who wrote this? Ahmed Riesgo, chief investment officer at Insigneo, told Yahoo Finance on Tuesday.

"We know that the US consumer is doing OK, but the US consumer is doing OK because they still have a job. The second that the employment market flips from one of surplus to one of deficit, which is something that we think we're rapidly nearing, we think the US consumer, unfortunately, will falter."

So he's probably a Republican who's been waiting and hoping for a recession for 3 years now and hasn't seen one yet. Thanks Captain Ahmed Obvious

Then your article goes on to say

Consumer prices have continued to ease closer to the Fed's 2% inflation target. Positive retail sales data for the month of July showed the consumer is still spending. Consumer confidence is rebounding. And recent filings for initial unemployment benefits have fallen more than expected.

"We're coming off unusual lows [in the unemployment rate] following a very unusual time during the pandemic," Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM, told Yahoo Finance on Tuesday.

"A lot of the rules that some of these so-called forward-looking investors use aren't really going to work this time because the economy is in a very different place."

"So I think it will be, one, acknowledging inflation has slowed, perhaps a little more quickly than they had been thinking, and that the jobs market may be slowing a little more rapidly than they had been believing would be the most likely case."

Basically people who are working are looking for better jobs. BFD.

Do not worry. Soon, about 18 million invading illegals will fill those jobs earning about half what Americans used to make. :uhh:

If your job can be taken by an illegal, you might want to reconsider your life choices.

Do not worry. Soon, about 18 million invading illegals will fill those jobs earning about half what Americans used to make. :uhh:
Who is hiring for those jobs?

We need to stop cheap ass employers from hiring illegal workers.
Can't we agree upon that ^^^^.

1. First democrats will give them drivers licenses.
  2. Then democrats will let them vote.
  3. Then democrats will allow them to invite family in.
  4. Then finally, they'll make them citizens.

Yeah, not a single Repub has ever hired an illegal. :itsok: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Basically people who are working are looking for better jobs. BFD.
Perxactly, from the linked article,

The survey, which also noted decreased satisfaction with wage compensation, non-wage benefits, and promotion opportunities at respondents’ current jobs,

You just can't win with these guys. Back when Obama was president they bitched and moaned about the labor participation rate, cried how about how people weren't even looking for a job, and they were not counted in the unemployment numbers. It was a terrible signal that the economy was going to crash. Well damn, now they flipping crying because people are looking for a job, A BETTER JOB. These people don't bother to flip their damn brain on. And you can't tell me that Mr. Ahmed doesn't know he is absolutely blowing smoke up our ass.

Come on, this is flippin basic shit. You think the economy is going all to shit. Things are going to come trashing down. Massive layoffs, you will probably lose your job, going to be worse than the Great Depression. Well hell yeah, the first thing most people would do would be to start looking for a "better job".

LMAO, I mean comically stupid. You look for a better job because you believe there are opportunities out there. People are not going to give up the equity they have in their job, the seniority, unless they believe there are better opportunities out there. And that is not a negative view of the economy. I mean can we all not at least agree on this?

They won't be paid half because they aren't entering legally. They are lining up and asking for asylum. We need them so make it legal so they pay taxes. Specifically social security taxes. How old are you? Do you want your social security?

U.S. population growth is projected to decline, and the population will become much older over time. Preventing these outcomes will require faster immigration by several multiples of its current rate.

Propelled by falling birth rates, the U.S. population is rapidly aging and steadily declining. In turn, the country is experiencing economic and social pressures caused by labor shortages.

The only reason you don't want immigrants coming in is because of your racist base. Rich Republicans got to blame someone for white workers struggling. It's blacks, illegal immigrants, unions ran your jobs out of the country.

Blame anyone but the rich and corporations for setting up an economic system that doesn't work for the middle class. It only works for the rich. And their way makes getting rich a lot harder. Harder to save. Harder to keep a job. Harder to ask for a raise. Harder to form a union.

Perxactly, from the linked article,

The survey, which also noted decreased satisfaction with wage compensation, non-wage benefits, and promotion opportunities at respondents’ current jobs,

You just can't win with these guys. Back when Obama was president they bitched and moaned about the labor participation rate, cried how about how people weren't even looking for a job, and they were not counted in the unemployment numbers. It was a terrible signal that the economy was going to crash. Well damn, now they flipping crying because people are looking for a job, A BETTER JOB. These people don't bother to flip their damn brain on. And you can't tell me that Mr. Ahmed doesn't know he is absolutely blowing smoke up our ass.

Come on, this is flippin basic shit. You think the economy is going all to shit. Things are going to come trashing down. Massive layoffs, you will probably lose your job, going to be worse than the Great Depression. Well hell yeah, the first thing most people would do would be to start looking for a "better job".

LMAO, I mean comically stupid. You look for a better job because you believe there are opportunities out there. People are not going to give up the equity they have in their job, the seniority, unless they believe there are better opportunities out there. And that is not a negative view of the economy. I mean can we all not at least agree on this?
Makes me wonder who wrote that op ed and titled it "Job insecurity At the Highest Level Since 2014".

It's not job insecurity. It's they aren't happy with their jobs. Because those companies aren't paying them enough. So those people have the balls to go look for another job? Good for them.

You are right. if the economy is bad or shaky and I have a job, I'm not going to look for another job at a company I know nothing about. If job insecurity is a problem, why would things be any better at the new company? Sounds more like to me those people aren't happy where they are and they are just looking for another job. So the article should be titled "people unhappy where they work at the highest level in 10 years"

They won't be paid half because they aren't entering legally. They are lining up and asking for asylum. We need them so make it legal so they pay taxes. Specifically social security taxes. How old are you? Do you want your social security?

U.S. population growth is projected to decline, and the population will become much older over time. Preventing these outcomes will require faster immigration by several multiples of its current rate.

Propelled by falling birth rates, the U.S. population is rapidly aging and steadily declining. In turn, the country is experiencing economic and social pressures caused by labor shortages.

The only reason you don't want immigrants coming in is because of your racist base. Rich Republicans got to blame someone for white workers struggling. It's blacks, illegal immigrants, unions ran your jobs out of the country.

Blame anyone but the rich and corporations for setting up an economic system that doesn't work for the middle class. It only works for the rich. And their way makes getting rich a lot harder. Harder to save. Harder to keep a job. Harder to ask for a raise. Harder to form a union.
Social security is not funded on a one to one basis. Its at least two to one. So, if we bring in illegals to fund us, what happens when the illegals retire? We would have to at least double the current population of them to replace their contributions to SS. It will continue until the country is overrun with population.

A ponzi scheme is not the answer.

They are lining up and asking for asylum.
Where is that line? They ain't asking for shit except free handouts from YOU.

We need them
I don't need invading foreigners.

The only reason you don't want immigrants coming in is because of your racist base.
How very racist of you to see invaders trespassing breaking the law and the only fault you see is people wanting them to immigrate here LEGALLY.

The Democrat Gaslighting Machine tells us that they created a bazillion jobs. So why are Americans so concerned about losing their jobs in this crap economy? Could the Democrats be lying again?

So, 4.4% of the people think there is a likelihood of becoming unemployed in the next four months

Then that means that 95.6% of the people do not think there is a likelihood of becoming unemployed in the next four months.

Yeah, I can see why this means the end of the world as we know it.... :rolleyes: :itsok:

Social security is not funded on a one to one basis. Its at least two to one. So, if we bring in illegals to fund us, what happens when the illegals retire? We would have to at least double the current population of them to replace their contributions to SS. It will continue until the country is overrun with population.

A ponzi scheme is not the answer.
It is 2.9 per one. Normally, like in the 70's, when people had paid in their entire lives, it was 3.2 workers, and damn, the cap on income subject to the tax was less than twenty grand, no shit. The solution is really simple, first, remove the cap on income. Be gone with it. Second, invest in education. Without the GI bill after WWII, social security would have been broke a long time ago.

If they go into the trades, they will earn good money. All of the building trades are short skilled workers. I'm sure Kamala is aware of this and is hatching plans to use immigrant labor to build her affordable housing.

If they go into the trades, they will earn good money. All of the building trades are short skilled workers.

Possibly, but you need trained, and you need to have the skill. I've done most trade work from carpentry to plumbing, electrical, roofing, landscaping and stonework (mostly just for myself) and you need the talent to do it well.

Forum List

Back