Jolly old England is not so jolly now.

Britain is closed.

They talk about "Freedom Day", just a week from now but they know it's just talk.

The mask mandates will continue.

The quarantines will continue.

The business failures will continue.

More than just an individual died when Churchill passed on.

Grealish would have scored

That guy who kicked the last one for England looked scared out of his mind.

he's young. he's weak

Bukayo Saka England and Arsenal's brilliant teenager is the reason England got to the final.
Southgate decided not to play him in the final preferring to play defender Trippier instead. That took away the attacking threat and after a lucky opening goal England parked the bus on the 18 yard area.
That just encouraged the Italians who grew in confidence and launched attack after attack.
Did Southgate really think England could just try to stop the Italians from scoring for 90 minutes?
After the inevitable Italian goal only then did Southgate bring on Saka & Grealish to attack and that immediately made a difference England looking the better team in extra time.
Why Southgate chose Saka to take the final penalty when at 19 and the fact he doesn't take penalties for Arsenal and also the fact he had Stirling who takes pens for Man City there, made no sense. Neither did his decision to make Sancho and Rashford take penalties when they had hardly played a minute of the match.
Southgate fear of losing cost England the match - the best form of defence is to attack
No Southgate isn't getting the blame as he is white. Far easier to blame the three who missed the penalties as they just happened to be black.

he's young. he's weak

Bukayo Saka England and Arsenal's brilliant teenager is the reason England got to the final.
Southgate decided not to play him in the final preferring to play defender Trippier instead. That took away the attacking threat and after a lucky opening goal England parked the bus on the 18 yard area.
That just encouraged the Italians who grew in confidence and launched attack after attack.
Did Southgate really think England could just try to stop the Italians from scoring for 90 minutes?
After the inevitable Italian goal only then did Southgate bring on Saka & Grealish to attack and that immediately made a difference England looking the better team in extra time.
Why Southgate chose Saka to take the final penalty when at 19 and the fact he doesn't take penalties for Arsenal and also the fact he had Stirling who takes pens for Man City there, made no sense. Neither did his decision to make Sancho and Rashford take penalties when they had hardly played a minute of the match.
Southgate fear of losing cost England the match - the best form of defence is to attack
No Southgate isn't getting the blame as he is white. Far easier to blame the three who missed the penalties as they just happened to be black.

I don't think that Saka covered himself in glory in the actual match itself though. Never heard of him before and didn't like what I seen when he came on. Looks a luxury player.

However Southgate made a rip roaring arse of it.

Football players miss penalties, high pressure ones, in shoot outs. Nothing to do with the colour of their skin. Southgate showed why he's probably the worst English manager I've seen in my years watching the game by having 3 players (2 of whom hadn't even kicked the ball in the game) hitting 3 pivotal penalties including, as you say, a 19 year old kid who is inexperienced having all that pressure on him to kick last or lose the European final.

Southgate is a mug. England never had a better chance to do it - all the home games, with fans, and the run of teams they had to beat to get to the final- the only decent team was Germany who themselves have fallen off dramatically stand-wise.

Italy defeats England to win the in the Euro 2020 championship.

I don't follow the game much, but caught the last 10 min.
First chance for England to win this in a long time....and it's all gone.

Sorry about that.

Duh the last time I checked it was 2021

Sorry about that.

The 2020 Finals are a year late because of Covid.

Nope the 2020 finals were cancelled and this is 2021. Not that the idiots moving the ball with their heads can know

Sorry about that.

Nope the 2020 finals were cancelled and this is 2021. Not that the idiots moving the ball with their heads can know

They weren't cancelled just postponed and the 2020 Finals were played in 2021.

They can do what they like!

Sorry about that.

Yea and they can continue murdering princesses too so that her kid moves to the USA

CIAO

Sorry about that.

Yea and they can continue murdering princesses too so that her kid moves to the USA

CIAO

Enough of the conspiracy theories Trump's gone and ain't coming back!

Sorry about that.

CIAO

What conspiracy theory prince harry is living in the USA

816668a4a0a50ac43552f521ad0238b6.jpg

Princess%2BDiana%2BDeath%2B3.jpg

Now sit doggie

Sorry about that.

CIAO

Now sit doggie

That's his problem.
In the good old days, his head would be on a spike on traitor's gate!

That last picture of Diana is in very bad taste. Don't you yanks give even the dead a bit of privacy?

Sorry about that.

CIAO

Now sit doggie

That's his problem.

That last picture of Diana is in very bad taste. Don't you yanks give even the dead a bit of privacy?

So putting the prince's head on a spike is in good taste.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The photo is not the princess but it is what you are

Princess%2BDiana%2BDeath%2B1.jpg

Sorry about that.

CIAO

Now sit doggie

That's his problem.

So putting the prince's head on a spike is in good taste.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The photo is not the princess but it is what you are

Princess%2BDiana%2BDeath%2B1.jpg

Well, it would be in very good taste if he wasn't ginger!

Analysis shows that out of 585,000 tweets sent to England players during the group stages, 44 were racist. That’s 0.0075%. 99.9925% were not racist. It’s so good that the UK is a very non-racist country.

One more example of the fact that "football" is a stupid, stupid game. Everyone who wasted those hours watching that debacle deserves a refund. Who cares who "won"? The result was bullshit, having nothing to do with the actual game. They might as well have flipped a fucking coin.
Beats boring baseball, NFL and NHL. Boring, boring, boring. NBA can be okay at times, but again, not that exciting. You have to put aside three or four hours to watch any of those games.

In the most pressure-filled moment in English football over the past 55 years, the manager selected a 21 year-old and a 19 year-old who've won absolutely nothing in their professional careers to take the spot kicks, after replacing a 30 year-old and a 31 year-old, both who've won everything, with two minutes left in extra time.

Simply one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in sports.
Jordan Henderson is a shit penalty taker. You should know that being a Liverpool man. Also, Walker apparently is also shit. Rashford on the other hand regularly scores them for Man U.

Football players miss penalties, high pressure ones, in shoot outs. Nothing to do with the colour of their skin. Southgate showed why he's probably the worst English manager I've seen in my years watching the game by having 3 players (2 of whom hadn't even kicked the ball in the game) hitting 3 pivotal penalties including, as you say, a 19 year old kid who is inexperienced having all that pressure on him to kick last or lose the European final.

Southgate is a mug. England never had a better chance to do it - all the home games, with fans, and the run of teams they had to beat to get to the final- the only decent team was Germany who themselves have fallen off dramatically stand-wise.
You need to watch the game more closely. I would love to see which English managers you have watched over the past years. Southgate is no mug, but he did stuff up. Getting England to a WC semi final and Euro Final is no mean feat. He is by far their most successful manager in terms of tournaments since Alf Ramsay. And don't give me that crap about the draw. Smaller teams have beaten bigger teams consistently in such tournaments. Belgium were crap, France self imploded and Spain couldn't get out of first gear. Rashford regularly takes penalties for Man U and scores them. Southgate's only mistake was choosing Saka, but he based it on how they performed in training. Henderson and Walker are terrible pen takers, and Sterling - from memory - has scored one out of his last four. Hardly inspiring.

Last edited:

he's young. he's weak

What inevitable Italian goal? They had one decent shot on goal in the 63 minutes before they scored, and even the goal they scored was a mess - more an England defensive error than a well worked goal by the Italian midfield and strikers. England's biggest issue - and it is a Southgate issue - is they should have gone for the jugular. A second goal.

You need to watch the game more closely. I would love to see which English managers you have watched over the past years. Southgate is no mug, but he did stuff up. Getting England to a WC semi final and Euro Final is no mean feat. He is by far their most successful manager in terms of tournaments since Alf Ramsay. And don't give me that crap about the draw. Smaller teams have beaten bigger teams consistently in such tournaments. Belgium were crap, France self imploded and Spain couldn't get out of first gear. Rashford regularly takes penalties for Man U and scores them. Southgate's only mistake was choosing Saka, but he based it on how they performed in training. Henderson and Walker are terrible pen takers, and Sterling - from memory - as scored one out of his last four. Hardly inspiring.
Even Southgate knows that England has the best attacking players and more of them than even 66.
Yet in the final, he played a bunch of defenders and defensive midfielders 8 in all with only three attackers. Had he played an attacking team they would not have needed penalties.

Forum List

Back