Just got my Gurkha / Kukri knives!

Yep...
Sure looks like it.
Part of the Ghurka military uniform.

1647830382144.png

That soldier is holding a camera.

Chopping like you would use a machete.
From what I've read they work far better than your average machete.
It's all about the weight forward design.
depending on the country youre in that covers a lot of things,,

in some african countries its the preferred method of removing the head of something you dont like,,

who makes it,, I was looking at cold steels version but hear bad rumors about their steel,,

my stepdad has the non folding version of this knife and hope he wills it to me,, super thick and heavy duty,,

1647830513605.png

Yeah. I forgot. Amazon must not like advertisement, they do that to all their links now, and I'm not about to go back to find it again and try to make a work around. Hopefully, I just cost Amazon another sale.

Shame as it was a real nice knife.
I could see it fine,,

depending on the country youre in that covers a lot of things,,

in some african countries its the preferred method of removing the head of something you dont like,,

who makes it,, I was looking at cold steels version but hear bad rumors about their steel,,

my stepdad has the non folding version of this knife and hope he wills it to me,, super thick and heavy duty,,

View attachment 618944
Wow

Beautiful knives. One of my favs. Watch some vids on Easterners forging them. Blow you away.Stead of an anvil they got steel pillars in the ground. Sit and forge.

Find a utube on them, Awesome

Cuttimg. Watch kine competitions where the cut hanging rope. The cureve holds the rope in, or whatever you cut. Nasty, effective blades.
"One unique thing that makes one swallow his fear is the notch just before the start of the blade. What it really did and still does is to interrupt the blood flow to the handle and to let it drip to the soil so one can maintain grip during battle. It is also believed to be a promise by a Gurkha soldier not to kill women and child. The notch also appears to be like a cow foot which is holy and worshiped in Nepal."

The bigger blade is 16 inches long,havent checked the short version as of yet.
The small one would be great for carrying on your belt.
The biggun would be more of a chopping tool around camp.
A belt knife would be excellent use. 16' inches is just too much knife for me. Compared to the price of a K-bar ($85.00 on Amazon), would I say it was expensive as hell or are you going to chop with it, dig with it, pry with it, etc?

"One unique thing that makes one swallow his fear is the notch just before the start of the blade. What it really did and still does is to interrupt the blood flow to the handle and to let it drip to the soil so one can maintain grip during battle. It is also believed to be a promise by a Gurkha soldier not to kill women and child. The notch also appears to be like a cow foot which is holy and worshiped in Nepal."

Called a "choil"

Look into "kriss" blades" Point one at youre enemies footprint. Chech it out.

Nice!!!
Thats the most informative thing I've read about the Kukri.
While I knew it had a rich history this is a great description of it.

Nice!!!
Thats the most informative thing I've read about the Kukri.
While I knew it had a rich history this is a great description of it.
That company said they are the supplier to the Ghurka military. Claims to be the oldest knife in the world.
I always heard the oldest came from the ME (Syria?)

That company said they are the supplier to the Ghurka military. Claims to be the oldest knife in the world.
I always heard the oldest came from the ME (Syria?)

Couldnt tell you one way or another.
I've always wanted a Kukri blade and thats all that mattered to me.
To find out they were made in Nepal was a bonus.

Couldnt tell you one way or another.
I've always wanted a Kukri blade and thats all that mattered to me.
To find out they were made in Nepal was a bonus.
No doubt some cool blades to own.
I think the claim pertains to metal. The earliest stone blades found are 150,000 years old.

Forum List

Back