Kaepernick to Baltimore?

It would make sense in some ways. They need a backup QB, and Harbaugh is the coach most likely to believe in Kaepernick, since it was his brother that coached him in the first place.

Colin Kaepernick being looked at by Ravens with Flacco out.

Ravens: We've had direct talks with Colin Kaepernick
Is Flacco injured? They're not going anywhere with Kapaernick as QB.
Back, out 2-6 weeks. He'd be a solid back-up for Flacco.

Back-up, yes. Solid? There is a reason he stunk so bad and was released by the 49ers. There is a reason 31 teams have passed on him. He is a distraction and he doesn't have the talent to offset his distraction.

If you are worth the distraction, you will play, if not, you will not. Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, had talent to offset the distraction, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel did not.

Back-up, yes. Solid? There is a reason he stunk so bad and was released by the 49ers. There is a reason 31 teams have passed on him. He is a distraction and he doesn't have the talent to offset his distraction. If you are worth the distraction, you will play, if not, you will not. Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, had talent to offset the distraction, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel did not.
It'd be interesting to find out and ironic if he took over and led them to a SB win.

Back-up, yes. Solid? There is a reason he stunk so bad and was released by the 49ers. There is a reason 31 teams have passed on him. He is a distraction and he doesn't have the talent to offset his distraction. If you are worth the distraction, you will play, if not, you will not. Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, had talent to offset the distraction, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel did not.
It'd be interesting to find out and ironic if he took over and led them to a SB win.

SB? I know you don't mean Super Bowl. Kapernick? We're talking about the worst QB in football. I'll take geno smith over kapernick any day, and I'm not saying that because I don't like kapernick, I don't, but that has no bearing.

Wouldn't he be the back-up's back-up? Plus when Flacco gets back, Flacco will get the start over whoever is there.

SB? I know you don't mean Super Bowl. Kapernick? We're talking about the worst QB in football. I'll take geno smith over kapernick any day, and I'm not saying that because I don't like kapernick, I don't, but that has no bearing.
He damn near already won a SB. He isn't that old. I'd love the irony of him winning one for Baltimore, because that's the team he lost to and it would prove once and for all, which Harbaugh brother is better.

Wouldn't he be the back-up's back-up? Plus when Flacco gets back, Flacco will get the start over whoever is there.
You never know with backs.

He damn near already won a SB. He isn't that old. I'd love the irony of him winning one for Baltimore, because that's the team he lost to and it would prove once and for all, which Harbaugh brother is better.

Kapernick started off playing well, but then he proved he couldn't sustain his good play. A lot of QB's flame out. He hasn't played well in years. If there was any chance of him leading a team to a SB you would have teams clamoring over his services, regardless of his politics.

Back-up, yes. Solid? There is a reason he stunk so bad and was released by the 49ers. There is a reason 31 teams have passed on him. He is a distraction and he doesn't have the talent to offset his distraction.

If you are worth the distraction, you will play, if not, you will not. Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, had talent to offset the distraction, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel did not.

The 49ers didn't release him, he opted out of his contract.

He had a 16-4 TD-INT ratio in 12 games last year. With Jeremy Kerley as the #1 receiver. He wasn't great by any stretch, but on a team with almost no weapons, he wasn't completely terrible, either.

I think owners are afraid of fan backlash if they give Kap a shot, even as a backup. I find it funny, considering the criminals that continue to get work, but it is what it is. He decided to make a public protest, and these are the consequences.

The 49ers didn't release him, he opted out of his contract.

He had a 16-4 TD-INT ratio in 12 games last year. With Jeremy Kerley as the #1 receiver. He wasn't great by any stretch, but on a team with almost no weapons, he wasn't completely terrible, either.

I think owners are afraid of fan backlash if they give Kap a shot, even as a backup. I find it funny, considering the criminals that continue to get work, but it is what it is. He decided to make a public protest, and these are the consequences.

I agree, sex offenders, wife beaters are ok, politics are not.

I agree there's some worry about a backlash. That's why the Baltimore ownership is talking about it, to get the feel of the fans. If any place would accept him, it'd be Baltimore. The town doesn't go in for much of that PC crap, regardless of which side of the spectrum it emanates.

I agree there's some worry about a backlash. That's why the Baltimore ownership is talking about it, to get the feel of the fans. If any place would accept him, it'd be Baltimore. The town doesn't go in for much of that PC crap, regardless of which side of the spectrum it emanates.

DUI, assault, domestic violence, players get to keep playing with charges and convictions for those things. Kap kneels during the anthem, and seemingly gets blacklisted. Fans are fickle. :lol: We'll see what happens with the Ravens. Of course, there are issues beyond the potential fan backlash involved; cost to sign, how much they want another QB on the roster, how well Kap fits into the system, etc.

At first fans will care however if Kap comes in and plays well, fans won't care about his politics, they will down play it, however other NFL fans will come down hard on him. Personally, I don't care about his politics, I don't watch sports for political statements. I am more appalled by the criminal players that think they can beat women and children, threaten people and then believe they have a right to play in the sport. I don't ever root for them.

Forum List

Back