Kansas prosecutor who framed innocent man surrenders law license, will soon be disbarred

I am saying he would have preferred his freedom in hindsight
No doubt, but you don’t think he’s happy with the money as well?

I mean, my apologies, I was simply trying to say that, in the end, the dudes a multi millionaire, which is why I said that I wasn’t trying to discount his incarceration…but it worked out for him in the end

I mean, my apologies, I was simply trying to say that, in the end, the dudes a multi millionaire, which is why I said that I wasn’t trying to discount his incarceration…but it worked out for him in the end
Your statement is asinine, the guy spent over 20yrs in prison for a crime he didn't commit, no telling what horrors he endured and your assessment is he is happy now.

Your statement is asinine, the guy spent over 20yrs in prison for a crime he didn't commit, no telling what horrors he endured and your assessment is he is happy now.

You’re right, I wasn’t thinking ill of the guy, and I’m sure his freedom would have been valuable…I guess I was just thinking that, looking back, even though it was an injustice , it brought him to a much better place..

Terra Morehead, who retired as a federal prosecutor last August, has agreed to turn over her law license as part of an agreement with a Kansas disciplinary board. As a Wyandotte County prosecutor in the 1990s, Morehead helped KCKPD Detective Roger Golubski frame an innocent man who spent 23 years in prison.​

Terra Morehead, a longtime county and federal prosecutor who helped police frame at least one innocent man, has agreed to surrender her law license and faces disbarment.

Morehead, who became notorious for skirting legal protections for defendants, agreed to surrender her license as part of an agreement with the Kansas Board for Discipline of Attorneys. She is awaiting disbarment from the Kansas Supreme Court, according to court filings.

The documents also show that Morehead, who retired from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Kansas last August, was the subject of a federal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice. The result of that probe is unknown.

Morehead’s conduct came under scrutiny during the exoneration of Lamonte McIntyre, who was convicted in 1994 of a double homicide when he was 17.

McIntyre was freed in 2017 after Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree said his conviction was a “manifest injustice” and a judge dropped the case. McIntyre sued and was awarded $12.5 million in 2022 by the Unified Government of Kansas City, Kansas, and Wyandotte County for the wrongful conviction.

Acting on a case built by disgraced former Kansas City, Kansas Police detective Roger Golubski, Morehead presented no physical evidence tying McIntyre to the murders. She relied upon the testimony of a witness, Niko Quinn, who later recanted.

Quinn said Morehead threatened to throw her in jail and take her children if she didn’t lie about what she saw the day of the double homicide. Morehead also failed to disclose that she had a past romantic relationship with the judge on the case.

How many other black men are sitting in prison that were falsely convicted by this trash.

You have some of these Trump Humpers whining about a damn two-tier system, we see exactly who is receiving the injustice in this system.
If incarceration of innocent Blacks upsets you, and the person doing it is a trash rank and file prosecutor, have you checked the record of the current Vice President when she was California’s AG? Her Boss, the President, backed laws that disproportionately incarcerated Blacks.

And yet you back these people.

Terra Morehead, who retired as a federal prosecutor last August, has agreed to turn over her law license as part of an agreement with a Kansas disciplinary board. As a Wyandotte County prosecutor in the 1990s, Morehead helped KCKPD Detective Roger Golubski frame an innocent man who spent 23 years in prison.​

Terra Morehead, a longtime county and federal prosecutor who helped police frame at least one innocent man, has agreed to surrender her law license and faces disbarment.

Morehead, who became notorious for skirting legal protections for defendants, agreed to surrender her license as part of an agreement with the Kansas Board for Discipline of Attorneys. She is awaiting disbarment from the Kansas Supreme Court, according to court filings.

The documents also show that Morehead, who retired from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Kansas last August, was the subject of a federal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice. The result of that probe is unknown.

Morehead’s conduct came under scrutiny during the exoneration of Lamonte McIntyre, who was convicted in 1994 of a double homicide when he was 17.

McIntyre was freed in 2017 after Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree said his conviction was a “manifest injustice” and a judge dropped the case. McIntyre sued and was awarded $12.5 million in 2022 by the Unified Government of Kansas City, Kansas, and Wyandotte County for the wrongful conviction.

Acting on a case built by disgraced former Kansas City, Kansas Police detective Roger Golubski, Morehead presented no physical evidence tying McIntyre to the murders. She relied upon the testimony of a witness, Niko Quinn, who later recanted.

Quinn said Morehead threatened to throw her in jail and take her children if she didn’t lie about what she saw the day of the double homicide. Morehead also failed to disclose that she had a past romantic relationship with the judge on the case.

How many other black men are sitting in prison that were falsely convicted by this trash.

You have some of these Trump Humpers whining about a damn two-tier system, we see exactly who is receiving the injustice in this system.
Fani, Letitia, Bragg, Ergonon and Merchan all up next

If incarceration of innocent Blacks upsets you, and the person doing it is a trash rank and file prosecutor, have you checked the record of the current Vice President when she was California’s AG? Her Boss, the President, backed laws that disproportionately incarcerated Blacks.

Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids

So I should back the party that has fought against any type of police reform to take place. I should vote for the man who took out full page ads calling for the death penalty for 5 black innocent teenagers and still won't admit he was wrong. I should vote for the man who has 91 indictments against him and yet claims to be a law and order man. Surely you are joking.

She isnt being prosecuted?
This is why I say the justice system is bullshit.

How did you make the leap in logic that a corrupt DA and a corrupt Detective back in 1994 proves that Trump is wrong about there being a two tiered justice system now? That's so fucking stupid it blows my mind! LOL I mean...are you kidding? Tell me you're kidding!!!

What this PROVES is that DA's have immense power and if they ARE corrupt and use that power in an unjust manner innocent people end up in jail! You know...like Fani Willis and Alvin Bragg?

Why don't you ask them, I don't work at the DOJ. Just curious when did their investigation of her start and has it concluded?
Oh I don’t need to ask, I know, your demklan party, the party of Joey Xiden, believes in a two tier justice system

How did you make the leap in logic that a corrupt DA and a corrupt Detective back in 1994 proves that Trump is wrong about there being a two tiered justice system now? That's so fucking stupid it blows my mind! LOL I mean...are you kidding? Tell me you're kidding!!!

What this PROVES is that DA's have immense power and if they ARE corrupt and use that power in an unjust manner innocent people end up in jail! You know...like Fani Willis and Alvin Bragg?
That's easy dumbass, if Trump were black his pasty ass would be sitting in a jail cell not going to klan rallies and stirring up his cult.

That Justice System was created by you for you. Black folks have been on the receiving end of injustice since this country was taken over.

Oh I don’t need to ask, I know, your demklan party, the party of Joey Xiden, believes in a two tier justice system
You mean the same 2 tier system that Republicans have used as well to screw over black folks. It amazes how you are always talking as if Republicans have worked hard in this country for black folks. You can't be that much of a fool.

You mean the same 2 tier system that Republicans have used as well to screw over black folks. It amazes how you are always talking as if Republicans have worked hard in this country for black folks. You can't be that much of a fool.
It’s the demafasict like Joey Xiden that use it

The gop passed the first step act to help address the Joey Xiden two tier law

So I should back the party that has fought against any type of police reform to take place. I should vote for the man who took out full page ads calling for the death penalty for 5 black innocent teenagers and still won't admit he was wrong. I should vote for the man who has 91 indictments against him and yet claims to be a law and order man. Surely you are joking.
The topic was Black incarceration and I just showed you that it is a larger problem due to the actions and policies from the people you vote for. Vote or don’t vote for whomever you want.

I don’t think loosing 20+ years of freedom is working out well in the end for anyone.

Forum List

Back