🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kasich and Lincoln

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was listening to the radio yesterday about how kasich thinks he is the next Lincoln. Lincoln won the nomination on the 9th ballot at the convention. Of course this was before primaries chose the delegates.

But as I reflected on it more I kept thinking, why would anyone want to be Lincoln? I mean if you were running for president would you want to be one that was so hated by half the country that they rebelled before he even took office, that presided over the bloodiest conflict in American history that caused the deaths of 600K Americans only to be murdered in cold blood? I sure as heck wouldn't.

I'd much rather be like Calvin Coolidge. Keeping government out of people's lives. Unprecedented economic growth. Peace. Can sleep through cabinet meetings because nothing is going on

I got to wonder about some politicians and what they aim at being.

He's the next Lincoln in what sense? He's going to "save" the Union? From what? Trump? Hillary? He's going to throw innocent civilians in prison with no trial?

What Kasich aims at being is a creep, and he's invoking Lincoln simply for the fact that Lincoln is considered one of the "great" presidents. He has no knowledge of any policy position Lincoln took beyond the Emancipation Proclamation I'm sure, and doesn't care either.

Pretty sure he was simply referring to winning the nomination in a contested convention.

I didn't hear his comment but just a thought -- Lincoln also won an election in which a third (and fourth) party broke away from a major party, splitting the vote up between four candidates. That could conceivably happen again in a different direction.

I didn't hear his comment but just a thought -- Lincoln also won an election in which a third (and fourth) party broke away from a major party, splitting the vote up between four candidates. That could conceivably happen again in a different direction.

A girl can dream, right?

A girl can dream, right?

John Kasich doesn't strike me as a girl. :dunno:

Perhaps my tastes are more discriminating than yours.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Ah well, Trump places himself second to Lincoln so, if Kasich is the New Lincoln it looks like Trump is going to have to accept him as a better candidate.

I am "more presidential than anybody other than the great Abe Lincoln."

Pizza-gate: Kasich Eats NY Slice with... a Fork!
The scandal to end all scandals!
News
Paul Bois
pizza2.jpg

Presidential candidate John Kasich may have made the biggest mistake of his political career. He came to New York looking for votes and got caught on camera eating a pepperoni flat crust with... a fork!

During a campaign stop Wednesday night, the offense unfolded at Gino's Pizzeria in Queens, New York. Deemed "pizza-gate" by the press, Kasich's food faux pas can actually inflict serious damage on the candidate.

With the New York primary set for April 19th, Kasich needs all the votes he can get, especially when up against famed New Yorker Donald Trump. New Yorkers take their pizza seriously, and may view Kasich's gaffe with the same intolerance Americans had when George H.W. Bush took a glance at his watch during the presidential debates.

In an interview with Robin Roberts on ABC's Good Morning America, Kasich was actually asked to defend himself on the matter.

"Look, Robin, look, look, the pizza came scalding hot, OK?" Kasich explained. "And so I used a little fork. You know what, my wife, who is on spring break with my daughters, she said, 'I'm proud of you. You finally learned how to use a utensil properly.' But I mean -- not only did I eat the pizza, I had the hot sausage. It was fantastic."

Pizza-gate: Kasich Eats NY Slice with... a Fork!

Forum List

Back