Kentucky Clerk Once Again Denies Gay Marriage License, Despite Federal Order

I would still like to know why a town clerk would be an elected position?

We've got over 20 cities in my county. Some of the clerks are elected, some appointed.

I just wonder why that would be an elected position in some communities. Not every governmental position has to be an electable one, and I don't see where a "town clerk" or whatever is really so "political." No reason why it can't be an appointed position, IMO. Just wondering.

In other states, it is not an elected position though. It is a position that is appointed. Why on earth would that be an elected office? They don't have anything to do with lawmaking. They just follow directions like any other employee.
Why? Political patronage comes with the job. She can hire and fire conservative Democrats.

I don't know what you mean, but I don't really think there is any need for that to be an elected position.
Do you live in her voting district? If not... Doesn't much matter if not. Huh?

What if I do?
Well... If you do, and you are in opposition to the policy; you should definitely take the issue to you appropriate government office. At least that's a start...

Where I live is irrelevant. I can state my opinions on the topic. :D

Why? Political patronage comes with the job. She can hire and fire conservative Democrats.

I don't know what you mean, but I don't really think there is any need for that to be an elected position.
Do you live in her voting district? If not... Doesn't much matter if not. Huh?

What if I do?
Well... If you do, and you are in opposition to the policy; you should definitely take the issue to you appropriate government office. At least that's a start...

Where I live is irrelevant. I can state my opinions on the topic. :D
Indeed. But will it affect the change you seem to desire? Prolly not...

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

So she is hideous and fat and that makes her a closet lesbian? Some pretty screwed up logic.
Yeah...Hazelnut goes overboard at times.

Sometimes so does Kim Davis. :)

Which one was cited for Contempt? Oh right, the fat Christ bitch on the right...

Yes, most of the large majority of Americans -- 77% of the adult population -- identify with a Christian religion, including 52% who are Protestants or some other non-Catholic Christian religion, 23% who are Catholic, and 2% who affiliate with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints VOTE.

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

She's a rug muncher who got pissed when she found out Ann Coulter has a penis.

8d6cdf4196f8df5fd30bbe4a29d6418c.jpg

We have entire freaking cities and counties in the U.S. that call themselves "sanctuary areas" and refuse to enforce the federal law regarding illegal criminal aliens and the useful idiots on the left manage to find a single poor woman who thinks that freedom of religion trumps the homosexual agenda.
That's a damned good point. I guess selective enforcement of law depends on those who consider themselves the purveyors of PC.

When the clerk in Colorado defied the law and gave out SSM licenses the left thought that clerk was a hero. Just saying :)

No, you are just lying. LINK?

10995441_10153052747016275_8983528431238991843_n.jpg

We have entire freaking cities and counties in the U.S. that call themselves "sanctuary areas" and refuse to enforce the federal law regarding illegal criminal aliens and the useful idiots on the left manage to find a single poor woman who thinks that freedom of religion trumps the homosexual agenda.
That's a damned good point. I guess selective enforcement of law depends on those who consider themselves the purveyors of PC.

When the clerk in Colorado defied the law and gave out SSM licenses the left thought that clerk was a hero. Just saying :)

Not true, the SCOTUS is made up of 9 unelected and biased civilians. Has nothing to do with the Bible!

Let's compare...

1. Performing Civil Marriages is a collateral duty that a Judge in Texas can voluntarily perform, they are not part of the job requirements. Issuing Civil Marriage licenses is a core, required duty of the County Clerk's Office, that is not optional.

2. The Judges did not order subordinates not to do their jobs. Ms. Davis did.

3. You graphic lies, there is no Constitutionally valid Kentucky law limiting Civil Marriage based on the gender composition of the couple. Such laws that did exist were invalidated in Obergefell v. Hodges.

4. Ms. Davis was "thrown in jail", she choose to go to jail instead of doing her job even after being instructed to do so by a federal judge and offered an (multiple times )accommodation, which she rejected.

>>>>

This graphic is also a lie, the suit was brought b 4 couples, two different-sex and two same-sex that were long term residents of Rowan County. Citizen who paid the $80,000 a year salary of this government agent.

None of the couple came from out of the county.

>>>>

The Bible is clear God's law trumps human law. Your silly meme doesn't change that.

The Bible is clear God's law trumps human law. Your silly meme doesn't change that.

And you're free to believe that as your ass sits in human jail.

Good luck making that argument in court. :lol:

Forum List

Back