Killer Astroid

On an archeological program, I watched an engineering archeologists, with nothing but wooden poles and a granite hammerstone, fit two large andesite boulders together just as closely as the pre-Inca did.

As for the rest of your slack jawed wonder, yes, our ancestors were just as smart as we are today. And, using the technology of the day, accomplished wonders. But that was all it was, ingeneous use of the tools that they had.

Light bulbs in Egypt? Think about the technology that would support that. Where are the glass factories? The copper wire, transformers, and generators? What you are proposing is ridiculous.

LOL Slack jawed.

The rocks at Puma Punku are diorite and granite just won't cut it. LOL Slack jawed. Look up what you need to use to cut diorite...and you call me slack jawed LOL.

Look at the cuts and the interconnecting pieces and tell me what was used to make them. Take your time

Yeah, Mammy and Big Sam carried in photons to the interiors of the temples, no other explanation. Glass and electricity was beyond the capabilities of the Egyptians

Frank, andesite is the extrusive equivelant of diorite, minerologically. Their hardness is not that much differant. And both are softer than granite.

Last edited:
For those of us that have some science in our background, this is an ongoing story. It does not concern if we might get hit, that is a certainty. It is when, and will we be far enough along to prevent that strike? Will we have people in power that are sufficiently in touch with reality and the scientific communtity to do the neccessary actions?

Not an idea to terrorize anyone with. Reality to challenge us to prevent such a catastrophe.
for those of us that can actually READ, we know its ancient history
:lol:

1908 is ancient history?

For those of us that have some science in our background, this is an ongoing story. It does not concern if we might get hit, that is a certainty. It is when, and will we be far enough along to prevent that strike? Will we have people in power that are sufficiently in touch with reality and the scientific communtity to do the neccessary actions?

Not an idea to terrorize anyone with. Reality to challenge us to prevent such a catastrophe.
for those of us that can actually READ, we know its ancient history
:lol:

1908 is ancient history?
yes
lol

lol @ lightbulbs. Yes, they had Gigantic Lightbulbs with snakes inside of them, exactly as the picture depicts!! smh.

Yes, simple minded people see the filament as a snake.

Control over the force of electricity is a concept that frightens Little Shoe Wearing Monkeys, which is why human civilization has a herky jerky path to progress with many times of a slide back to Geico Caveman capabilities even AFTER we find evidence that we had ascended higher technological peaks.

It proves that more technologically advanced civilization existed in the past and that's a tough one for the frail ego to consider

World Mysteries - Strange Artifacts - Antikythera Mechanism

On an archeological program, I watched an engineering archeologists, with nothing but wooden poles and a granite hammerstone, fit two large andesite boulders together just as closely as the pre-Inca did.

As for the rest of your slack jawed wonder, yes, our ancestors were just as smart as we are today. And, using the technology of the day, accomplished wonders. But that was all it was, ingeneous use of the tools that they had.

Light bulbs in Egypt? Think about the technology that would support that. Where are the glass factories? The copper wire, transformers, and generators? What you are proposing is ridiculous.

LOL Slack jawed.

The rocks at Puma Punku are diorite and granite just won't cut it. LOL Slack jawed. Look up what you need to use to cut diorite...and you call me slack jawed LOL.

Look at the cuts and the interconnecting pieces and tell me what was used to make them. Take your time

Yeah, Mammy and Big Sam carried in photons to the interiors of the temples, no other explanation. Glass and electricity was beyond the capabilities of the Egyptians

Frank, andesite is the extrusive equivelant of diorite, minerologically. Their hardness is not that much differant. And both are softer than granite.

Are you trying to embarrass yourself?

Diorite was used to carve granite, not vice versa, also please site Google as your source.

22522-puma-punku-as-it-is-now-la-paz-bolivia.jpg

1286565.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to change the tack on this thread and ask the questions..."If you knew a killer astroid was going to impact earth ...and you knew it was not going to hit your town but to survive you need to hide underground for a year and start over ..would you do it? Who would you take with you? Would you go solo?, or with a group of trusted friends? Would you do what the government told you to do? Would you abide by our laws or under the circumstance all bets are off take what you can ..everyone for themself." Obviously there would be Marshal law so do you chance getting shot over some bottled water or organize and go in strong and clear out a few soldiers and make them retreat so you can get what you might need to survive?

Soldiers ..national guard ... would be spread out thin and they would have no reinforcements. Yours and your families lives are on the line..what would you do to survive?

I would like to change the tack on this thread and ask the questions..."If you knew a killer astroid was going to impact earth ...and you knew it was not going to hit your town but to survive you need to hide underground for a year and start over ..would you do it? Who would you take with you? Would you go solo?, or with a group of trusted friends? Would you do what the government told you to do? Would you abide by our laws or under the circumstance all bets are off take what you can ..everyone for themself." Obviously there would be Marshal law so do you chance getting shot over some bottled water or organize and go in strong and clear out a few soldiers and make them retreat so you can get what you might need to survive?

Soldiers ..national guard ... would be spread out thin and they would have no reinforcements. Yours and your families lives are on the line..what would you do to survive?
In short, "One Minute at a Time"

These objects periodically strike the Earth every 2 to three million years. There is nothing we can do to prevent these kinds of Asteroid deep impact events.

These objects periodically strike the Earth every 2 to three million years. There is nothing we can do to prevent these kinds of Asteroid deep impact events.

Thats not true at all...If we find it in time enough say 50-100 years prior to collision we have the technology today to change it's orbit. Even tho how slight we change it over a span of decades it could miss the planet

Well I think an asteroid hitting the moon is just as bad. If a large one hit the moon it would break apart the moon sending that debris here to Earth, which will throw Earth off its axis

Well I think an asteroid hitting the moon is just as bad. If a large one hit the moon it would break apart the moon sending that debris here to Earth, which will throw Earth off its axis

Even if it just knocked the moon out of orbit and didn't hit us with a killer chunk of moon..the tides would go bye-bye and that alone would change earth ecology beyond repair. All the coasts of all the continents would quickly resemble cess pools. All known shore life would die off.

And yes it would be Bush's fault!:lol:

Even if it just knocked the moon out of orbit and didn't hit us with a killer chunk of moon..the tides would go bye-bye and that alone would change earth ecology beyond repair. All the coasts of all the continents would quickly resemble cess pools. All known shore life would die off.

Yep you're right the Earth is fucked so why worry about it and live today like no tomorrow. "Are you living or just breathing"

I think you like to type the word BUSH...cause you have something totally different on your mind. :lol:

Yep you're right the Earth is fucked so why worry about it and live today like no tomorrow. "Are you living or just breathing"

I think you like to type the word BUSH...cause you have something totally different on your mind. :lol:

You know I do girlfren....I still have that image of your butt high in the air. It leaves me breathless...:lol::lol:

Thats not true at all...If we find it in time enough say 50-100 years prior to collision we have the technology today to change it's orbit. Even tho how slight we change it over a span of decades it could miss the planet

Yes , but that is all just scientific theory. The Asteroid trajectory adjustment theory has never been put to actual use. It may, or may not work.Quite a gamble, the entire Earhts popultations lives will depend on this theory.

many of these Asteroids are many miles accross. We may not be able to send the right kind of vehicle to adjust its orbit.

Last edited:
It's theory true. I read up that they are ready to test one of the procedures out over the next 5 years.

From what I have read and seen the best theory going to stop an Asteroid from hitting Earth...that is given a good 50-100 years warning.

The kinetic impact...pretty str8 foward. Crack the Asteroid with something at high speed ...the force of the impact will force the Asteroid to change it's orbit ever so slightly however over the span of decades it would prove more then enough to avoid the earth.

There is so many things I could come back on with that but I think the safest thing to do is not respond. Yeah I'm clucking.

Forum List

Back