Trump may not have as much "immunity" as he thinks.

Care-Map.jpg

The problem here is that the Supreme Court said that certain evidence cannot be used against a President. Now, some might argue this doesn't apply to impeachment hearings. Others will definitely argue, every time there is an impeachment hearing, that the Supreme Court said this, and therefore it applies.

That this is Presidential power and Congress cannot take it.

Therefore if Nixon had argued that the evidence could not be used because otherwise it undermines the power of the presidency, and the Supreme Court had backed him up....

He'd have gotten away with it

The Supreme Court did not "simply rule" anything. They made an argument and then they fluffed it up to protect Trump without any regard for the future.
Do even know why Richard Nixon stepped down? You're using him as your example of Presidential criminality and I doubt you even know what it was that finally got him kicked out of office! I'll give you a hint. It was something that Nixon TRIED to do and failed but Barack Obama not only DID but was never indicted for!

It's up to American citizens to keep the government in line with their basic ideological beliefs but what do you do when the media supports the incarceration of American citizens without due process or the murder of an American citizen who did nothing or the incineration of a quirky Christian group in Texas or the insanity of shipping illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels and the murder of a border patrol officer? Lucky for lefties that the Constitution protected democrats from criminal prosecution.

How do the citizens keep the government in line when the electoral system doesn't give them that power?

Yes, the people should stand up and say "we want Proportional Representation"

But the problem is the people are, for the most part, ignorant of such things. I've been banging on about PR for at least the last 10 years on this forum and I've had maybe two or three people who have said they liked it.

Most say "we don't have that system" or "we already have that system" as an excuse for why it shouldn't change.

The checks and balances have two main ones. The voters, and the militia, same people. It seems in the US people are willing to falling back to the latter, and not bother to do the former properly.

It disgusts me when so much money goes to politicians to fund their lavish lifestyles, rather than on improving the country.

Do even know why Richard Nixon stepped down? You're using him as your example of Presidential criminality and I doubt you even know what it was that finally got him kicked out of office! I'll give you a hint. It was something that Nixon TRIED to do and failed but Barack Obama not only DID but was never indicted for!

Why isn't really important here. It the machinations of government.

And I'm not saying the US has ever had a time when governments weren't corrupt.

The difference between before and now is that before everything was controlled. Now there's a huge fight between rich people throwing their money around and foreign countries are getting involved and everyone's manipulating the people through social media.

In the past the media was limited to radio, TV and newspapers and it was difficult to break that down. Those who controlled this did what the government wanted and it kind of functioned.

Now it's a free for all with different narratives and people getting entertained at the same time. It's not going to end well.

How do the citizens keep the government in line when the electoral system doesn't give them that power?

Yes, the people should stand up and say "we want Proportional Representation"

But the problem is the people are, for the most part, ignorant of such things. I've been banging on about PR for at least the last 10 years on this forum and I've had maybe two or three people who have said they liked it.

Most say "we don't have that system" or "we already have that system" as an excuse for why it shouldn't change.

The checks and balances have two main ones. The voters, and the militia, same people. It seems in the US people are willing to falling back to the latter, and not bother to do the former properly.

It disgusts me when so much money goes to politicians to fund their lavish lifestyles, rather than on improving the country.
Why do you think the Electoral College takes power away from citizens? Do you honestly think the country will be better off if we're controlled by a handful of large States?

And she made a ton of moneys because folks like you were concerned with trump’s penis size.

Frankly that says more about you then her…but then again you voted for a senile man that once molested his daughter.

Stop lying about Biden. She was a toddler and she wasn't molested.

Why would anyone care about Trump's privates? I was surprised Trump bragged about his penis on the campaign trail in 2015.

What did Obama do exactly?

Forum List

Back