KKK funding Hillary Campaign...

Historically, Democrats created, control and funded the KKK,

Nope, they didn't. Historically or otherwise.
Six Confederate veterans named Frank McCord, Capt. John Lester, Capt. John Kennedy, James Crowe, Calvin Jones and Richard Reed founded the Klan. December 25 1865 in Pulaski Tennessee. None of them were associated with politics at all.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Why bother.. You're incapable of honesty and therefore a waste of my time.

Which means you confess to being a liar -- you CAN'T refute me.

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

ding is kicking your ass btw... it's fun..:laugh:
now wait a second, you know that somewhere between 1860s and the mid 1930s the republican and democratic parties sorta switche names, or policy, but, they switched. What we call the democrats today were in fact the republicans of the 1800s, and the same for democrats.
Basically, Pogo is right, taking the change into consideration, the democrats would have been the party of the day that created the KKK while the republican party of the day would have been the ones to try to make the laws to take the KKKs power away.
However, Ding is also correct with the information he posted. you just have to remember to apply these things to the opposite party today.

Six Confederate veterans named Frank McCord, Capt. John Lester, Capt. John Kennedy, James Crowe, Calvin Jones and Richard Reed founded the Klan. December 25 1865 in Pulaski Tennessee. None of them were associated with politics at all.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

now wait a second, you know that somewhere between 1860s and the mid 1930s the republican and democratic parties sorta switche names, or policy, but, they switched. What we call the democrats today were in fact the republicans of the 1800s, and the same for democrats.
Basically, Pogo is right, taking the change into consideration, the democrats would have been the party of the day that created the KKK while the republican party of the day would have been the ones to try to make the laws to take the KKKs power away.
However, Ding is also correct with the information he posted. you just have to remember to apply these things to the opposite party today.
No. The parties never switched. The more republican the south became the less racist the south became.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

No. The parties never switched. The more republican the south became the less racist the south became.

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/stories/3613/republicans-democrats-switch-platform

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/stories/3613/republicans-democrats-switch-platform

The Myth of the Racist Republicans

Prove me wrong.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

eh--- somewhat sorta.
The RP was the party of opposing the Klan and similar groups (there were several) and certainly the party of Abolition (the Liberals of the day). RP was also the party of "big government", a legacy of the Whigs from which they drew significant membership, while the DP of that time was the "states rights" decentralized party.

Around the turn of the 19th/20th centuries the RP took on the interests of the rich and corporations while the DP absorbed the Populist movement, setting up the affinity with minorities, women, ethnics and labor unions.

But the fact remains neither the Klan nor those various other similar groups like the Knights of the White Camellia, the White League and others, were founded by a political party. I've proven that with all those links, while the mythologists have linked nothing.

But the point is well taken on political parties ............ they are not and never have been ideologically static, nor would they survive that way. They change with the times. The purpose of a political party is simply to consolidate and organize power. That's it. Anyone who thinks political party X means the same thing now that it did 150 years ago is a moron.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Must suck to be a liar.

I just laugh at you ..

eh--- somewhat sorta.
The RP was the party of opposing the Klan and similar groups (there were several) and certainly the party of Abolition (the Liberals of the day). RP was also the party of "big government", a legacy of the Whigs from which they drew significant membership, while the DP of that time was the "states rights" decentralized party.

Around the turn of the 19th/20th centuries the RP took on the interests of the rich and corporations while the DP absorbed the Populist movement, setting up the affinity with minorities, women, ethnics and labor unions.

But the fact remains neither the Klan nor those various other similar groups like the Knights of the White Camellia, the White League and others, were founded by a political party. I've proven that with all those links, while the mythologists have linked nothing.

But the point is well taken on political parties ............ they are not and never have been ideologically static, nor would they survive that way. They change with the times. The purpose of a political party is simply to consolidate and organize power. That's it. Anyone who thinks political party X means the same thing now that it did 150 years ago is a moron.

Forum List

Back