Kraft Heinz paying kids slapped with lemonade stand fines

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Wow , so cool...

I still say everything I learned about economics was when I ran a lemonade stand as a child..

The brand’s Country Time Lemonade unit announced Thursday that it will personally defend and pay for any fines that children get for trying to sell the summertime drink.

“We recently came across a story of a kid getting her lemonade stand shut down for legal reasons, which had to be an urban myth. After looking into it and seeing even more instances, we realized these weren’t myths, they were real stories,” Adam Butler, general manager for beverage and nuts for Kraft Heinz, told Fox Business.

Just last week, three brothers, ages 2 to 6, from Stapleton, Colorado, got their lemonade stand shut down by Denver cops after several vendors at a nearby arts festival called the police to complain the kids were undercutting their prices.

The brothers, who didn’t have a temporary vending permit, were told that they were violating city policy and needed to shut down their business. The boys were trying to raise money for a nonprofit child-advocacy ministry called Compassion International that supports children in poverty.

*snip*

Any child fined for running a lemonade stand without a permit can have his or her parent apply for reimbursement. To apply, simply upload the image of your child's permit or fine along with a description of what your lemonade stand means to your child, in his or her own words,” the company said in a statement.

Each submission will then be reviewed by Country Time Lemonade’s team and if it complies with the terms, the company will cover the permit fee or fine, up to $300. Additionally, it will donate up to $500,000 to help kids with their entrepreneurial pursuits next year and beyond.

Go ahead, kids. Run your lemonade stands. Country Time Legal-Ade is on your side and will protect you. When life hands you outdated laws, make lemonade, and get Legal-Ade,” the company said.

I thought company's was evil and didn't give a damn?

Wow , so cool...

I still say everything I learned about economics was when I ran a lemonade stand as a child..

The brand’s Country Time Lemonade unit announced Thursday that it will personally defend and pay for any fines that children get for trying to sell the summertime drink.

“We recently came across a story of a kid getting her lemonade stand shut down for legal reasons, which had to be an urban myth. After looking into it and seeing even more instances, we realized these weren’t myths, they were real stories,” Adam Butler, general manager for beverage and nuts for Kraft Heinz, told Fox Business.

Just last week, three brothers, ages 2 to 6, from Stapleton, Colorado, got their lemonade stand shut down by Denver cops after several vendors at a nearby arts festival called the police to complain the kids were undercutting their prices.

The brothers, who didn’t have a temporary vending permit, were told that they were violating city policy and needed to shut down their business. The boys were trying to raise money for a nonprofit child-advocacy ministry called Compassion International that supports children in poverty.

*snip*

Any child fined for running a lemonade stand without a permit can have his or her parent apply for reimbursement. To apply, simply upload the image of your child's permit or fine along with a description of what your lemonade stand means to your child, in his or her own words,” the company said in a statement.

Each submission will then be reviewed by Country Time Lemonade’s team and if it complies with the terms, the company will cover the permit fee or fine, up to $300. Additionally, it will donate up to $500,000 to help kids with their entrepreneurial pursuits next year and beyond.

Go ahead, kids. Run your lemonade stands. Country Time Legal-Ade is on your side and will protect you. When life hands you outdated laws, make lemonade, and get Legal-Ade,” the company said.

Any jerk who would fine or charge a fee to kids trying to sell lemonade on a summer day needs his ass kicked hard.

If those vendors at the nearby arts festival can't compete with kids 2-6 years old then they need a new line of work. By the way, who the hell makes a career out of something where a 6 year old could successfully compete with them?

This kind of shit happens daily. Someone doesn't understand the laws, or the laws change, and they get stuck in the criminal/civil punishment system. (It's never been about justice when it came to filling city coffers.)

Good for Kraft for standing up for the kids freedom to live the dream. I've always been a bit of a Kraft fanboy, but if I wasn't I'd buy more shit from em. I think I'll go buy some Velveeta and make mac'n'cheese for dinner :)

I've yet to see the food vendors selling taco's, avacado's, mango's and other foods being shut down in Maryland.

Our "New American's" sell everything Hispanic in their front yards without permits.

Any jerk who would fine or charge a fee to kids trying to sell lemonade on a summer day needs his ass kicked hard.
I second this, especially when the kids plan to give their profits to those who are in sheer and severe need of the money!

God bless you and those who help people who need the help always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back