Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.

It is neither. Learn the definitions of those big word you throw around.
You described Marxism, Communism. There are no billionaires under Marxism. You should learn where your ideas originate before you ignorantly make claims about Marxism that is not true.

Marxism vs Communism. I say communism in the USSR's brand of Marxism. More people are familiar with the term communism. Most people will use the term communism what technically they should be stating Marxism.

Yes, but what was the hourly wage back then.

I'm in no way defending $15-20 dollar an hour minimum wages, but I do wonder what the minimum wage was back then.

Those machines at McDonalds aren't going to eliminate that many employees. Only the order takers.
Under 3 bucks....$2.35, I believe.

MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
In the UK, 95p in 1970 is the equivalent to £18.42 in today's prices. Which is no doubt relative to wages.

In the UK, 95p in 1970 is the equivalent to £18.42 in today's prices. Which is no doubt relative to wages.
In Marxism, those morons dont realize that every time those idiots raise taxes then they have to raise wages because people start hurting from taxation. Then inflation happens and prices rise, so the morons once again raise wages. Thus more taxes are being paid. Marxism never studied real economics, which is why when ever they steal elections. soon countries start to fall like Rome.

In Marxism, those morons dont realize that every time those idiots raise taxes then they have to raise wages because people start hurting from taxation. Then inflation happens and prices rise, so the morons once again raise wages. Thus more taxes are being paid. Marxism never studied real economics, which is why when ever they steal elections. soon countries start to fall like Rome.
Personally, I would scrap the minimum/living wage. It's wrecking economies.

1717318213305.gif

Im no economy expert but i think there should be some standards for a fair wage a compromise otherwise you could pay someone who works very hard only a dollar a day where are the limits i think of exploitation of workers in Austria there are guidelines which are result of compromise of Business owners and workers unions but maybe the US works differently im no expert

Im no economy expert but i think there should be some standards for a fair wage a compromise otherwise you could pay someone who works very hard only a dollar a day where are the limits i think of exploitation of workers in Austria there are guidelines which are result of compromise of Business owners and workers unions but maybe the US works differently im no expert
Since you live in Europe you have no idea what getting paid for what you are worth is. Why is it a star athlete can get paid millions of dollars, while a burger flipper gets minimum wage? I started as a burger flipper at 18, and moved on to fixing jets. I realized that burger flipping isnt as important as jet maintenance. Back before the Marxists took over the gubermint, people actually were able to make something of themselves with their God given talents. Not so much now, with all the rules, regulation and taxation, by the EVIL people who want to rule US.

MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362

FYI
The federal minimum wage from inception, was suppose to be a liveable wage.

Since you live in Europe you have no idea what getting paid for what you are worth is. Why is it a star athlete can get paid millions of dollars, while a burger flipper gets minimum wage? I started as a burger flipper at 18, and moved on to fixing jets. I realized that burger flipping isnt as important as jet maintenance. Back before the Marxists took over the gubermint, people actually were able to make something of themselves with their God given talents. Not so much now, with all the rules, regulation and taxation, by the EVIL people who want to rule US.
In europe a jet fixer gets also paid more then a burger flipper and there are millionairs and billionairs in europe too but i still think that a burger flipper does hard work like eighteen hours a day and someone has to do that too someone could pay him a dollar a day for this hard work or lets say construction worker or sanitary worker where are the limits

FYI
The federal minimum wage from inception, was suppose to be a liveable wage.
Was it? The only people that were supposed to be on minimum wage were the teenagers going to college and the elderly who not only wanted to get out of the house, but supplement their retirements with a little added money to gift to the grandkids. Then when the brown turd Obammy got in, he not only made welfare for life slaves, but then declared that minimum wages were the new normal.

In europe a jet fixer gets also paid more then a burger flipper and there are millionairs and billionairs in europe too but i still think that a burger flipper does hard work like eighteen hours a day and someone has to do that too someone could pay him a dollar a day for this hard work or lets say construction worker or sanitary worker where are the limits
Problem there Morti, is that there are a bunch of burger flippers so the demand for them isnt as such as a jet fixer. Just like a pro athlete has their millions while the box of popcorn vender not so much. Supply and demand. Sorry you dont understand this, but the people in Californication are waking up to being unemployed now because minimum wages went to 20 dollars an hour.

Was it? The only people that were supposed to be on minimum wage were the teenagers going to college and the elderly who not only wanted to get out of the house, but supplement their retirements with a little added money to gift to the grandkids. Then when the brown turd Obammy got in, he not only made welfare for life slaves, but then declared that minimum wages were the new normal.
I have no idea how the US really works and what minimum wage really means maybe you do not need it if the payment is fair if you are greedy though you could exploit your workforce if there are no rules but maybe those are unwritten rules like i repeat im no expert

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
Biden was president for the last fifty years eh, you suck at political science.

I have no idea how the US really works and what minimum wage really means maybe you do not need it if the payment is fair if you are greedy though you could exploit your workforce if there are no rules but maybe those are unwritten rules like i repeat im no expert
That is the part of working in the United States, if you find your God given talent you can use it to compromise on an income suitable for both the employer and you. Here is a guy who found his God given gift.

Forum List

Back