Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.

Predicted in 1996.

1996 ad perfectly predicted today’s high cost-of-living. What it means for the next 30 years — and how to plan.​

They say in thirty years a burger & fries could cost $16, a vacation $12,500, and a basic car $65,000.”

Those predictions were made in 1996, nearly 30 years ago, by the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) and College Retirement Equities Fund (CREF) in a magazine ad that recently went viral on Reddit for its scary accuracy.

I honestly do not think you are intelligent enough to have this discussion so I am going to deal with you in the most realistic manner.
Says the Joe Bribem voter.

Bidenet.png

Predicted in 1996.

1996 ad perfectly predicted today’s high cost-of-living. What it means for the next 30 years — and how to plan.​

They say in thirty years a burger & fries could cost $16, a vacation $12,500, and a basic car $65,000.”

Those predictions were made in 1996, nearly 30 years ago, by the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) and College Retirement Equities Fund (CREF) in a magazine ad that recently went viral on Reddit for its scary accuracy.
Yeah, with China Joe Bribem, this ad could perfectly predict what is coming in the near future.

WhenI was in 3rd grade, I could buy an order of French fries and a coke for $0.26 cents. The fries were $0.15 cents, the coke was $0.10 cents and tax was a penny.

Two things come to mind when I read this...one is you are old as dirt and two is how the hell do you remember what your parents paid for something when you were in the 3rd grade.

I literally could not tell you what I paid for something last week.

Two things come to mind when I read this...one is you are old as dirt and two is how the hell do you remember what your parents paid for something when you were in the 3rd grade.

I literally could not tell you what I paid for something last week.
Easy, I paid for it myself out of my allowance. I walked home every day after school and would stop by Murphey's Car Hop to get French fries and a coke.

Easy, I paid for it myself out of my allowance. I walked home every day after school and would stop by Murphey's Car Hop to get French fries and a coke.

Yep, do did it. Could not tell you how much a damn thing cost. The only thing I remember from back then was my first car cost me 500 bucks

I still pay for everything myself and I could not tell you how much the eggs milk that I bought yesterday cost

Yep, do did it. Could not tell you how much a damn thing cost. The only thing I remember from back then was my first car cost me 500 bucks

I still pay for everything myself and I could not tell you how much the eggs milk that I bought yesterday cost
When I first got my learners permit, gas was $0.29 cents a gallon.

When I first got my learners permit, gas was $0.29 cents a gallon.

That's nice.

Have no clue how much gas was when I got mine. Just put gas in my car this morning, cost me 42 bucks, no idea what the per gallon cost was.

That's nice.

Have no clue how much gas was when I got mine. Just put gas in my car this morning, cost me 42 bucks, no idea what the per gallon cost was.
sounds like the women that said gas hasnt gone up because I put twenty dollars in everytime the needle gets close to empty,,

Yep, me and honest Abe walked 27 miles to the library every day and ate bark off them trees along the way just to get enough nourishment to make it back home again. And these young 'uns are belly aching because daddy didn't install electric doors on the garage. :icon_cry:

Forum List

Back