Lech Walesa makes anti gay comments in Poland

I'm not sure why I should care...

And I'm not sure what this is doing in US Discussion/Politics...
Because gay issues are human rights and human rights applies everywhere, including the US and A
And, of course, political correctness is a monolith. No exceptions can be tolerated anywhere in the world, except in places like South Africa which are oddly immune from open criticism.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why I should care...

And I'm not sure what this is doing in US Discussion/Politics...
Because gay issues are human rights and human rights applies everywhere, including the US and A
Since gays are basically subhuman and engage in animalistic behavior.

They do not qualify for Human Rights because those "rights" are reserved for humans........ :cool:

From the link in the OP:

“From a human point of view his language was appalling. It was the statement of a troglodyte,” said Jerzy Wenderlich, a deputy speaker of Parliament with the Democratic Left Alliance.

And Jerzy is absolutely correct.

So all the work he did to bring down communism (I know that must have really upset lefties) is now undone beacause he opposes the tyranny of the minority?

From the link in the OP:

“From a human point of view his language was appalling. It was the statement of a troglodyte,” said Jerzy Wenderlich, a deputy speaker of Parliament with the Democratic Left Alliance.

So all the work he did to bring down communism (I know that must have really upset lefties) is now undone beacause he opposes the tyranny of the minority?

Did I say that? I believe I started by expressing my wonder about why I should care about what Lech said, then I simply agreed with what Jerzy said.

Look, Lech is entitled to his opinion, as far as I'm concerned, though I do believe that, in this day and age, he holds a myopic, bigoted viewpoint. In no way does his statement diminish his accomplishments in Poland overall.

I suppose much of his opinion is formed based on the times and culture in which he came up. Hard to fault a person for that, I guess...

Did I say that? I believe I started by expressing my wonder about why I should care about what Lech said, then I simply agreed with what Jerzy said.

Look, Lech is entitled to his opinion, as far as I'm concerned, though I do believe that, in this day and age, he holds a myopic, bigoted viewpoint. In no way does his statement diminish his accomplishments in Poland overall.

I suppose much of his opinion is formed based on the times and culture in which he came up. Hard to fault a person for that, I guess...

Ah so indoctrinating people, especially kids, in public schools is the solution to get the society you want, and different opinions will be intolerable hate speech, right?

I don't know much about p oland, only been there once for a few hours, but if it's anything like the USA, then you'd think that gays make up at least 50% of the population based upon how loud and demanding they are. It's apparently the most important issue society faces based upon the air time gay marriage gets.

Ohhhh The Democratic Left Alliance doesn't like it. Lech must be correct then. Political correctness is not universal. Those nations that practice it will fail and those nations that don't will succeed.

So if someone feels differently about homosexuality they should just keep quiet because it's not nice?

Tolerance is a two-way street, my friend.

Ah so indoctrinating people, especially kids, in public schools is the solution to get the society you want, and different opinions will be intolerable hate speech, right?

I don't know much about p oland, only been there once for a few hours, but if it's anything like the USA, then you'd think that gays make up at least 50% of the population based upon how loud and demanding they are. It's apparently the most important issue society faces based upon the air time gay marriage gets.

Wow, you are quite fond of putting words in people's mouths, aren't you?

I do not believe any such thing...

The fact of the matter is, I don't care.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of gay marriage, I believe civil unions should be enough. But in the end, whether or not gays get married has little to no effect on me so, I don't care.

People who identify as gay are still people, human, there is absolutely no reason to deny them any rights the rest of us enjoy, legal, political, or otherwise.

You speak of the indoctrination of children, a concept I abhor. For that reason I oppose the rote recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in the classroom, as well as the "under GOD" phrase in the Pledge, especially in the classroom. Now, remove "under GOD" and teach the meaning of the pledge before children recite it, giving kids the option to abstain if they so choose, and I'm good to go...

Somehow, though, I think this kind of indoctrination is okay with you...

I think pollacks are all stupid and ugly, and Poland is a total waste of good land.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of gay marriage, I believe civil unions should be enough. But in the end, whether or not gays get married has little to no effect on me so, I don't care.

People who identify as gay are still people, human, there is absolutely no reason to deny them any rights the rest of us enjoy, legal, political, or otherwise.

You speak of the indoctrination of children, a concept I abhor. For that reason I oppose the rote recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in the classroom, as well as the "under GOD" phrase in the Pledge, especially in the classroom. Now, remove "under GOD" and teach the meaning of the pledge before children recite it, giving kids the option to abstain if they so choose, and I'm good to go...

What good is a pledge then? And you aren't forced to say the pledge, so you are wrong.

What good is a pledge then? And you aren't forced to say the pledge, so you are wrong.

Well, when I came up through the school system you were forced to stand and say the pledge. As to what good is it... What good is it if you don't understand it's meaning? It's just indoctrination.

Forum List

Back