Lech Walesa makes anti gay comments in Poland

Wow, you are quite fond of putting words in people's mouths, aren't you?

I do not believe any such thing...

The fact of the matter is, I don't care.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of gay marriage, I believe civil unions should be enough. But in the end, whether or not gays get married has little to no effect on me so, I don't care.

People who identify as gay are still people, human, there is absolutely no reason to deny them any rights the rest of us enjoy, legal, political, or otherwise.

You speak of the indoctrination of children, a concept I abhor. For that reason I oppose the rote recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in the classroom, as well as the "under GOD" phrase in the Pledge, especially in the classroom. Now, remove "under GOD" and teach the meaning of the pledge before children recite it, giving kids the option to abstain if they so choose, and I'm good to go...

Somehow, though, I think this kind of indoctrination is okay with you...
What good is a pledge then? And you aren't forced to say the pledge, so you are wrong.

Well, when I came up through the school system you were forced to stand and say the pledge. As to what good is it... What good is it if you don't understand it's meaning? It's just indoctrination.

If you don't understand its meaning, how can you then be indoctrinated?

we were never forced to say the pledge. And in fact, for most of my high school they didn't even have the pledge, when they did, you didn't even have to stand up during it, let alone say it.

Forum List

Back