Leftists/liberals hit another home run

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

"As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing...And in a scene stolen from The Jetsons, the Starship delivery robot is now navigating the streets of San Francisco with groceries and other consumer goods. The company’s founder pointed to a rising minimum wage as a key factor driving the growth of his automated delivery business."

Another winning move by the screaming automatons on the left, whose collective brainpower could not power a single 10-watt bulb.

Will the MSM come out with a mea culpa-type editorial? Of course not, the scumbags didn't after Trump was elected, so why would they do so with this topic?

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

"As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing...And in a scene stolen from The Jetsons, the Starship delivery robot is now navigating the streets of San Francisco with groceries and other consumer goods. The company’s founder pointed to a rising minimum wage as a key factor driving the growth of his automated delivery business."

Another winning move by the screaming automatons on the left, whose collective brainpower could not power a single 10-watt bulb.

Will the MSM come out with a mea culpa-type editorial? Of course not, the scumbags didn't after Trump was elected, so why would they do so with this topic?

I have little doubt that the left loves this shit. It creates more unemployed government dependants.

Last edited:
The Globalist Millionaire Elites do not give a shit because they are personally not effected by this. They also want to be judged by the INTENT of their actions, which helped this come about, NOT by the actual F*ed Up RESULTS of their actions.

Their entire intention is to get more and more people on government teets.

The more DEPENDANT the less freedom. The less choice the more power the government the more robotic votes.

The left are experts at divide and conquer. They have not learned their lesson from the election.

They do not know any other way to do things. It is their vernacular. It is their character. Ever hear the story of the scorpion and the frog?

Automation was coming at fast food restaurants, no matter what the stupid worthless corrupt government/politicians did with the MW. It just will come more quickly.

That said, it is clear the Left never considers consequences or results...it is all about feel good policies that easily dupe the uneducated.

Automation was coming at fast food restaurants, no matter what the stupid worthless corrupt government/politicians did with the MW. It just will come more quickly.

That said, it is clear the Left never considers consequences or results...it is all about feel good policies that easily dupe the uneducated.

Liberalism is a gutless ideology. You never have to accomplish anything. As long as you meant well, no matter what disaster you create.

Leftists have a huge blind spot when it comes to economics.

They believe that ANYTHING THAT BENEFITS A LOT OF PEOPLE is a "Good Thing."

A $15 minimum wage will definitely benefit a lot of people; whether it is mandated legitimately through (unconstitutional) legislation, or brought about by the kind of force we are seeing now.

But a $15 minimum wage will harm more people than it helps, and the people harmed will be the very people that Leftists claim to support. With a $15 minimum wage, there will be no jobs available for students, people without a high school education, ex-convicts, or adults with no work experience (i.e., people "trying to get off welfare").

At $15, we will have college graduates happily taking jobs in restaurants, as janitors, night watchmen, courtesy bus drivers, and so on. At $15, many non-working spouses will decide that it is worthwhile to get that part time job that they previously scorned. At $15, many retired people will decide to work part time to supplement their incomes.

Again, for the most wretched of our population, the $15 minimum wage will be a disaster. There will be a few pockets of the economy, mainly in very high cost of living locations, where the most unqualified will be able to get work, but not in Trump Country - the vast majority of the United States.

To reiterate, Whenever the compulsory price of any commodity (including basic human labor) is raised significantly above its economic value, (a) the consumers of that commodity will use less of it, (b) they will seek out alternatives, and (c) a black market will come into being.

It is a law of economics, as sure and predictable as the law of gravity.

But Leftists are too stupid to see it.

The AUTOMAT is making a comeback!!!

OK, so you tell us,

at what wage would people have to work at MacDonald's in order to keep the automation out?

A $15 minimum wage will definitely benefit a lot of people; whether it is mandated legitimately through (unconstitutional) legislation, or brought about by the kind of force we are seeing now.

But a $15 minimum wage will harm more people than it helps, and the people harmed will be the very people that Leftists claim to support. With a $15 minimum wage, there will be no jobs available for students, people without a high school education, ex-convicts, or adults with no work experience (i.e., people "trying to get off welfare").

At $15, we will have college graduates happily taking jobs in restaurants, as janitors, night watchmen, courtesy bus drivers, and so on. At $15, many non-working spouses will decide that it is worthwhile to get that part time job that they previously scorned. At $15, many retired people will decide to work part time to supplement their incomes.

Again, for the most wretched of our population, the $15 minimum wage will be a disaster. There will be a few pockets of the economy, mainly in very high cost of living locations, where the most unqualified will be able to get work, but not in Trump Country - the vast majority of the United States.

To reiterate, Whenever the compulsory price of any commodity (including basic human labor) is raised significantly above its economic value, (a) the consumers of that commodity will use less of it, (b) they will seek out alternatives, and (c) a black market will come into being.

It wouldn't harm more people than it helps. The corporations will automate at 15 dollars an hour or 8 dollars an hour.

I agree for the most part, and I don't burn a lot of time on business/economics/finance with hardcore lefties, especially because it's my profession.

The problem is that the other side has blind spots, too. For example, it's just not intellectually honest to look at the fact that many people who work full time STILL need public assistance. We can tell them to do this or that, but the fact remains that such a situation is simply untenable and should not exist. That business is being subsidized with your tax dollars.

The solution, obviously, is somewhere in the middle, and/or a state issue so that the various geographical cost of living variations can be more accurately addressed. But the answers are out there, if both sides would just calm down and work it out.

As with most issues, of course.

Last edited:
People wasting their money buying fast food complaining about the workers there making too much money. That is rich.

How is it wasting money to buy food? Oh i know you want them to buy obama care first and if they have any money they can buy some food

Forum List

Back