Lenin never used the term "useful idiots"

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Only useful idiots on the far right insist he did.

Searching the Lenin archives, as well as books by and about Lenin at Questia and NetLibrary, have not elicited anything either.

I guess what we are all forgetting is that Lenin did not speak English…he therefore likely said something else in Russian, which, over the years – as in that famous children’s’ game – evolved into “useful idiots.”

Having searched his writings for any possible similar reference (I tried "useful" plus something, then tried various synonyms for 'idiot'), the best I could come up with was “utter simpleton” – this phrase was used in reference to President Wilson’s naiveté regarding the Treaty of Versailles. The quote is from a speech delivered at a meeting of activists of the Moscow organization of the r.c.p.(b.) December 6, 1920, from V. I. Lenin, Collected Works, 4th English Edition, Progress Publishers, Moscow, 1966

The exact quote is –

“Nowhere has the Versailles Treaty been analyzed so well as in the book by Keynes, a British representative at Versailles. In his book Keynes ridicules Wilson and the part he played in the Treaty of Versailles. Here, Wilson proved to be an utter simpleton, whom Clemenceau and Lloyd George twisted round their little fingers.” And it appears on page 449.

It’s on the Web at – Speech at a Meeting of Activists of Moscow R.C.P.(B.)

Get a copy of
  1. They Never Said it: A Book of Fake Quotes, Misquotes, and Misleading Attributions
    Book by Paul Boller
  2. 3.2/5·Goodreads
  3. "They Never Said It" is the ultimate debunking reference book. Many of the misquotes are quite harmless, but some are blatantly dishonest and falsify the historical record. Google Books
  4. Published: 1989
  5. Author: Paul Boller

It still applies to bed wetting liberals, regardless if he really said it or not.

Douchebags like you are just useless idiots, until you're converted to fertilizer.

• Banned
It still applies to bed wetting liberals, regardless if he really said it or not. Douchebags like you are just useless idiots, until you're converted to fertilizer.
Hitler undoubtedly said the same about the nativist, Jew hating, race hating American nationalist far right of the 1930s. The difference is that far right reactionary turdlets will never have the power to hurt anyone without LEO coming down on them like a ton of bricks.

Searching the Lenin archives, as well as books by and about Lenin at Questia and NetLibrary, have not elicited anything either.

I guess what we are all forgetting is that Lenin did not speak English…he therefore likely said something else in Russian, which, over the years – as in that famous children’s’ game – evolved into “useful idiots.”

Having searched his writings for any possible similar reference (I tried "useful" plus something, then tried various synonyms for 'idiot'), the best I could come up with was “utter simpleton” – this phrase was used in reference to President Wilson’s naiveté regarding the Treaty of Versailles. The quote is from a speech delivered at a meeting of activists of the Moscow organization of the r.c.p.(b.) December 6, 1920, from V. I. Lenin, Collected Works, 4th English Edition, Progress Publishers, Moscow, 1966

The exact quote is –

“Nowhere has the Versailles Treaty been analyzed so well as in the book by Keynes, a British representative at Versailles. In his book Keynes ridicules Wilson and the part he played in the Treaty of Versailles. Here, Wilson proved to be an utter simpleton, whom Clemenceau and Lloyd George twisted round their little fingers.” And it appears on page 449.

Get a copy of
  1. They Never Said it: A Book of Fake Quotes, Misquotes, and Misleading Attributions
    Book by Paul Boller
  2. 3.2/5·Goodreads
  3. "They Never Said It" is the ultimate debunking reference book. Many of the misquotes are quite harmless, but some are blatantly dishonest and falsify the historical record. Google Books
Probably because he never met you.

• Banned

The exact quote is –

Get a copy of
    Book by Paul Boller
  2. 3.2/5·Goodreads
You are exactly the type of American who falls to the far right's propaganda machine. Almost every time.

The exact quote is –

Get a copy of
    Book by Paul Boller
  2. 3.2/5·Goodreads
You are exactly the type of American who falls to the far right's propaganda machine. Almost every time.
And you are a useful idiot.

Useful to whom?

Since he's ridiculed by nearly everyone, and according to him even his wife, he can't be very useful to the left when people reject his inane point of view.

I stand by my assertion that the only useful purpose he will ever serve will be when the bacteria convert him to nitrogen.

Useful to whom?

Since he's ridiculed by nearly everyone, and according to him even his wife, he can't be very useful to the left when people reject his inane point of view.

I stand by my assertion that the only useful purpose he will ever serve will be when the bacteria convert him to nitrogen.

If nothing else, he is useful as an illustration of uselessness. ;)

Also, Hitler never said "Gas the Jews" because he didn't speak English to his Command Staff. He said something similar in German.

Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake" just something similar in French.

Lets see how many more examples we can come up with.

Also, Hitler never said "Gas the Jews" because he didn't speak English to his Command Staff. He said something similar in German.

Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake" just something similar in French.

Lets see how many more examples we can come up with.
"“Nowhere has the Versailles Treaty been analyzed so well as in the book by Keynes, a British representative at Versailles. In his book Keynes ridicules Wilson and the part he played in the Treaty of Versailles. Here, Wilson proved to be an utter simpleton, whom Clemenceau and Lloyd George twisted round their little fingers."
This is the quote, show me how it relates to the useful idiots bullshit.

Useful to whom? Since he's ridiculed by nearly everyone, and according to him even his wife, he can't be very useful to the left when people reject his inane point of view. I stand by my assertion that the only useful purpose he will ever serve will be when the bacteria convert him to nitrogen.
But you are even a useful idiot, just a far right reactionary gastric penguin blasting mouth farts. You are what you, bub, useless.

The far right hates being called on their misuse and out right fabrication of quotes to give a cachet of authority.

They are like Pete, gilded turdlets pretending to be chocolate treates.

Forum List

Back