Let's Get Real About Single Parent Households

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is the astronomical rate of out-of-wedlock births in the African American community and the resultant epidemic of young black men growing up without fathers in their homes. Unless this trend is reversed, we have no hope of reducing the disproportionate numbers of young Black men involved in criminal activity.

No amount of outside "assistance" is going to change this fact. Indeed, increasing financial support and condescending excuses have only made this problem worse. When are Black religious and political leaders going to stand up and spell out the truth: Unprotected sex before one is married is the surest way to perpetuate poverty and many of the other ills of the Black community.

Speaking of marriage, why is this institution so disdained? Is it viewed as a "White" thing? Or is it more a consequence of no fault divorce, discriminatory (against men) child support rules and changing social mores?

Last edited:
Marriage is becoming infrequent among all races especially among young people.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

So 75% illegitimacy rate among African Americans isn't a problem?

Black and White marriage rates were comparable in the 1950's. (Sarcasm understood)

Smarter people are choosing not to get married or they get married later in life. Wise women are independent and don't "need" a man for security etc. They make their own. My happiest friends and family members are all single (never-married). No poverty from divorce, no drama, no bossy/demanding spouse, no kids and all the bs they entail... Happiest people I know.

Smarter people are choosing not to get married or they get married later in life. Wise women are independent and don't "need" a man for security etc. They make their own. My happiest friends and family members are all single (never-married). No poverty from divorce, no drama, no bossy/demanding spouse, no kids and all the bs they entail... Happiest people I know.

Then African Americans must be extremely happy. :cuckoo:

P.S. Do unmarried parents make children happier, too?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back