Lib cop hater disappointed that modern cops are more fit and don't eat donuts

This is the author's point and he is correct

There is a potent metaphor for the evolution of the police state in all of this, but I will not belabor it with a detailed analysis. We were much better off when police were human beings who were not first and foremost concerned with their cop image.

This is the author's point and he is correct

There is a potent metaphor for the evolution of the police state in all of this, but I will not belabor it with a detailed analysis. We were much better off when police were human beings who were not first and foremost concerned with their cop image.

So when cops try to look nice in uniform and be fit it's a "police state"??

That isn't what the excerpted comment means or implies.

I believe the writer is saying when a civilian police officer goes out of his way to look more like a Marine MP he is more interested in effecting intimidation of than cooperation from the public. Motorcycle and mounted cops, with the "jack-boots" and mirror shades, being prime examples.

Just looking "nice" in uniform is quite a different thing.

Last edited:
That isn't what the excerpted comment means or implies.

I believe the writer is saying when a civilian police officer goes out of his way to look more like a Marine MP he is more interested in effecting intimidation of than cooperation from the public. Motorcycle and mounted cops, with the "jack-boots" and mirror shades, being prime examples.

WTF are you talking about???

Now cops are trying to look like Marines because they wear boots and sunglasses????

Motorcycle boots are VERY common for protection of the legs and feet while biking....not just on cops.
How to Choose Motorcycle Boots

And sunglasses?? Aviators and Oakley sunglasses are now evil on cops??? Hey newsflash....the manufacturers of those glasses sell a SHIT LOAD of those to everyone...because a lot of people like them.

Not that I'm shocked....you cop haters will hate a cop for ANYTHING they do.

But now....looking fit and professional in uniform is now a bad thing huh. What a bunch of idiots you lefties have become.

[...]

Not that I'm shocked....you cop haters will hate a cop for ANYTHING they do.

[...]
Cop "haters?" Please be advised that hatred is the emperor of human emotion. So don't flatter yourself.

I don't hate cops. Most of the cops I've known, and there have been many, are rather decent individuals. But there are a lot of real low-lifes who would be delivering packages if not for the civil service -- and some of them are nothing more than arrogant, sadistic goons who derive satisfaction from causing pain to others.

I don't hate those low-lifes. I have contempt for them.

Forum List

Back