Liberals- Do you accept Supreme Court rulings/law completely, no exception?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
So it appears there's gonna be absolutely no wiggle room in the homo marriage ruling. Absolutely none. And liberals are all of a sudden law and order champions.

So I ask....libs...do you see all SCOTUS rulings as the final say, absolute law, not to be questioned or ever disobeyed?

The liberals might have it right. Think of all the tax money we can save now. With the SCOTUS making law we can fire congress and save all those salaries, perks and pensions. I'm sure today's liberals would have supported the Dred Scott decision at the time since now they are saying the SCOTUS is infallible.

So it appears there's gonna be absolutely no wiggle room in the homo marriage ruling. Absolutely none. And liberals are all of a sudden law and order champions.

So I ask....libs...do you see all SCOTUS rulings as the final say, absolute law, not to be questioned or ever disobeyed?
Not the final say if someone can get a Constitutional Amendment thru...case in point, the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments cancelled out Dred Scott...and a reversal of the Court works too if you can convince them...case in point, Brown v. Board of Ed cancelling out Plessy v. Ferguson. But, here's the rub....both ways require years of legal groundwork....it doesn't happen by just whining on the internet.

They still seem pretty bound and determined to overturn Heller.

The liberals might have it right. Think of all the tax money we can save now. With the SCOTUS making law we can fire congress and save all those salaries, perks and pensions. I'm sure today's liberals would have supported the Dred Scott decision at the time since now they are saying the SCOTUS is infallible.
What law(s) has SCOTUS made? Name them and if you can, their statute #.

Was there wiggle room with Brown v Board of Ed? With Gideon? With Torcaso v Watkins?

Not the final say if someone can get a Constitutional Amendment thru...case in point, the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments cancelled out Dred Scott...and a reversal of the Court works too if you can convince them...case in point, Brown v. Board of Ed cancelling out Plessy v. Ferguson. But, here's the rub....both ways require years of legal groundwork....it doesn't happen by just whining on the internet.

It doesn't HAVE to be an Amendment, law over rides SCOTUS rulings (providing the law is Constitutional of course)

It's rare of course, but it can be done.

As for the OP , of course liberals don't accept rulings they don't like, just as conservatives don't accept rulings they don't like.

Hilarious how some on each side are all the sudden "making law from the bench instead of doing their jobs" when they make a ruling they don't like LOL

They still seem pretty bound and determined to overturn Heller.

And Citizens United

Was there wiggle room with Brown v Board of Ed? With Gideon? With Torcaso v Watkins?

Has Stats given you a date for your new avatar?

What law(s) has SCOTUS made? Name them and if you can, their statute #.

I hope you see the irony in your question.

I hope you see the irony in your question.

I'll bet she's looking up the word "irony".

irony-thisremindsmewhenthepapercalledjeremylin_6e4678_4122275.jpg

I didn't know I had a choice, break the law and get a fine or go to jail.

Graham v. Connor
Tennessee v. Garner
Maryland v. Wilson

Libs forget these.

The better question is: Can you break the law and get the support of Democratic Canidates?

I say no

The better question is: Can you break the law and get the support of Democratic Canidates?

I say no

Of course, it's almost a prerequisite.

I say no

Of course, it's almost a prerequisite.

From the "Say anything" files comes kwc

Forum List

Back