Liberals in New York propose a law that would ALLOW ILLEGALS THE RIGHT TO VOTE

All of those things you listed (other than the last, as of now) apply to most illegal immigrants living in New York, too.

They live there, send their kids to public schools, pay taxes, spend their money in New York businesses, and so on. They're part of a "prosperous New York" as much as anyone else is.
Except THEY SHOULDN'T BE LIVING THERE.

If you goto Germany for vacation or work do you suppose they'll give you a voting ballot?

Play Devils Advocate, don't play stupid.

So your argument boils down to "They shouldn't be there"?

Well, guess what? They are there, and most New Yorkers don't really seem to care that much.
My argument boils down to LAW.

Your argument boils down to the mob mentality of Ferguson Missouri.

I win

:lol:

If it makes you feel better about yourself to declare victory, who am I to stop you?
The loser of the argument

Whatever you say. Did you get a trophy?

If I live in New York.
If I send my children to public schools in New York.
If I spend my money in New York.
If I own my business in New York.
If I've paid my taxes in New York.
If I patronize New York businesses.
If I have done my best to be a part of a prosperous New York.
If I vote on local issues in New York.

None of the above deserves to be undermined by someone who got here a few weeks/months/years ago, is not even an American citizen, and has nowhere near the vested interest in local issues or monetary policies that I've had all my life.

It's akin to me working late on a customer's job and having as much to say about what's for dinner or what is allowed to be watched on tv as the spouse that just walked in the door after work.

All of those things you listed (other than the last, as of now) apply to most illegal immigrants living in New York, too.

They live there, send their kids to public schools, pay taxes, spend their money in New York businesses, and so on. They're part of a "prosperous New York" as much as anyone else is.

If you goto Germany for vacation or work do you suppose they'll give you a voting ballot?

Well, guess what? They are there, and most New Yorkers don't really seem to care that much.

I win

If it makes you feel better about yourself to declare victory, who am I to stop you?
Your a senior mod, and you ask me a member "who the hell am I to tell someone something" ? Is that the way a senior mod talks ?

I win

Your a senior mod, and you ask me a member "who the hell am I to tell someone something" ? Is that the way a senior mod talks ?

Yep.

Why should my position on staff prevent me from speaking my mind?

All of which they should have NO SAY IN. Why should an illegal aliens voice be equal to a life long Americans?

Why shouldn't they?

I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but I'm curious about your answer.
If I live in New York.

None of the above deserves to be undermined by someone who got here a few weeks/months/years ago, is not even an American citizen, and has nowhere near the vested interest in local issues or monetary policies that I've had all my life.

It's akin to me working late on a customer's job and having as much to say about what's for dinner or what is allowed to be watched on tv as the spouse that just walked in the door after work.

It's just a starting point for the domino's to begin to fall.. Next it will be another liberal stronghold that will attempt it, and on and on it all goes.

If New Yorkers don't support it, then it won't pass. If New Yorkers do support it, who the fuck are you to tell them differently?
Ummmmm... because we don't want THEIR Liberals to get away with such crap, and thereby to encourage OUR Liberals to try the same thing?

Ummmmm... because Americans are free to comment on whatever-the-hell they want?

Was there anything else?

Last edited:
QUOTE="theDoctorisIn, post: 13585287, member: 20452"]

I win

Whatever you say. Did you get a trophy?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Just the satisfaction of exposing how incredibly stupid most of the mods on this site are.

Why shouldn't they?

I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but I'm curious about your answer.
If I live in New York.

It's just a starting point for the domino's to begin to fall.. Next it will be another liberal stronghold that will attempt it, and on and on it all goes.

If New Yorkers don't support it, then it won't pass. If New Yorkers do support it, who the fuck are you to tell them differently?
Ummmmm... because we don't want THEIR Liberals to get away with such crap, and thereby to encourage OUR Liberals to try the same thing?

Well, I guess the only answer to that is "tough shit".

If you want a say in New York politics, move to New York. Other than that, impotent rage is all you've got.

I win

Nope. Just the satisfaction of exposing how incredibly stupid most of the mods on this site are.

As I've already said, whatever you need to feel better about yourself.

Immigration Reform In NYC: Voting Rights For Legal And Undocumented Immigrants Proposed For 2017

This is why I will NEVER vote for a liberal... EVER

This kind of bullshit must be met with a STIFF REBUKE

Well, cheating is stressful and this would be much easier. They've already seen to it that illegals can vote and not get caught. They register to vote when states hand them driver's licenses and no one checks citizenship status after they vote.

The libs think that just because they showed up here that they have a right to be represented. False. They have a right to vote in their home country, if their country allows it. They are visitors here, uninvited ones at that.

12734001_1126724127361120_1743891389591487682_n.jpg

I win

Your defense is weak. You're pathetic.

Is this the point at which I get placed on "Discouraged Poster Status"?

You've got quite the persecution complex going, don't you?

Why would I put you on "Discouraged Poster Status"?

Fair enough I suppose. I will admit that you seem to be a stand up guy. Can't say the same for the rest your brethren.

Having said that, I still won & you're still an idiot if you support this bullshit

If I live in New York.

Well, I guess the only answer to that is "tough shit".

If you want a say in New York politics, move to New York. Other than that, impotent rage is all you've got.
Doesn't change a thing...

And it doesn't stop others from commenting upon the Idiot LibTards in NYC who would propose or support such a thing...

So, if that doesn't meet with your approval, then, to use your own words... "tough shit".

Hope that helps.

Next contestant, please.

Voting no! illegals need at least to be processed first. it is like a canadian randomly dropping into the new york election, voting, then flitting back to canada. ...

Fair enough I suppose. I will admit that you seem to be a stand up guy. Can't say the same for the rest your brethren.

Having said that, I still won & you're still an idiot if you support this bullshit

"Winning" an argument on the internet is like getting a medal in the Special Olympics. Either way, you're still retarded.

Who said I "supported" anything? I thought I made it clear that I was arguing from a devil's advocate position.

"Winning" an argument on the internet is like getting a medal in the Special Olympics. Either way, you're still retarded.

Who said I "supported" anything? I thought I made it clear that I was arguing from a devil's advocate position.
The tone of your responses expose the fact that this doesn't bother you. And it does not surprise me that as a dumbfuck liberal you can't accept my concession, however minor it was.

If non-citizens have the right to vote, and they can already get welfare, what is their incentive to become citizens?

The tone of your responses expose the fact that this doesn't bother you. And it does not surprise me that as a dumbfuck liberal you can't accept my concession, however minor it was.

It doesn't "bother" me, but that doesn't mean that I support it.

As for your "concession", of course I accept it. I just think the concept of "winning" on a message board is completely ludicrous.

Right of foreigners to vote in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right of foreigners to vote in the United States

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The right of foreigners to vote in the United States has historically been a contentious issue. A foreigner, in this context, is an alien, or a person who is not a citizen of the United States.

Under current law, non-citizens are not allowed to vote in federal elections, and it is a federal crime for a non-citizen to vote or register to vote in such an election, punishable by imprisonment and/or the initiation of removal proceedings against that individual.[1]

Over 40 states or territories, including colonies before the Declaration of Independence, have at some time admitted aliens voting rights for some or all elections.[2][3][4][5] In 1874, the Supreme Court in Minor v. Happersett noted that "citizenship has not in all cases been made a condition precedent to the enjoyment of the right of suffrage. Thus, in Missouri, persons of foreign birth, who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, may under certain circumstances vote."[6]

By 1900, nearly one-half of the states and territories had some experience with voting by aliens, and for some the experience lasted more than half a century.[7] At the turn of the twentieth century, anti-immigration feeling ran very high, and Alabama stopped allowing aliens to vote by way of a constitutional change in 1901; Colorado followed suit in 1902, Wisconsin in 1908, and Oregon in 1914.[8] Just as the nationalism unleashed by the War of 1812 helped to reverse the alien suffrage policies inherited from the late eighteenth century, World War I caused a sweeping retreat from the progressive alien suffrage policies of the late nineteenth century.[9] In 1918, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota all changed their constitutions to purge alien suffrage, and Texas ended the practice of non-citizen voting in primary elections by statute.[8] Indiana and Texas joined the trend in 1921, followed by Mississippi in 1924 and, finally, Arkansas in 1926.[10] In 1931, political scientist Leon Aylsworth noted: "For the first time in over a hundred years, a national election was held in 1928 in which no alien in any state had the right to cast a vote for a candidate for any office – national, state, or local."[11]

Non-citizen voting in elections has been extinct since Arkansas became the last state to ban it in 1926.[12]

Forum List

Back