Like wearing a paper bag

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
I recently bought online a pair of summer pajamas, choosing the same brand and same style, though a different pattern, as my last purchase. I had neglected to examine the fabric content on the web page. My new PJs are a mix of cotton and modal, not my usual cotton-polyester blend, which I find the most comfortable fabric in very warm temperatures.

The new PJs make a crinkling sound and are snugger than my previous pair even though I had lost some weight since my last purchase. At times, it felt like I was wearing a paper bag. I was not far off. Modal, like paper, is made from wood fiber. While that may sound more natural than polyester, toxic chemicals are often used to process the fiber.

Maybe the pajamas will feel more comfortable after repeated washings. At least they don’t keep me awake.

What is Modal? Material Guide, Ethics and Sustainability

I recently bought online a pair of summer pajamas, choosing the same brand and same style, though a different pattern, as my last purchase. I had neglected to examine the fabric content on the web page. My new PJs are a mix of cotton and modal, not my usual cotton-polyester blend, which I find the most comfortable fabric in very warm temperatures.

The new PJs make a crinkling sound and are snugger than my previous pair even though I had lost some weight since my last purchase. At times, it felt like I was wearing a paper bag. I was not far off. Modal, like paper, is made from wood fiber. While that may sound more natural than polyester, toxic chemicals are often used to process the fiber.

Maybe the pajamas will feel more comfortable after repeated washings. At least they don’t keep me awake.

When it gets hot here I just skip the PJs. I do need some comfy ones though for winter for sure.

Just plain dumb luck, eh pajama boy?

I haven't worn PJ's since I was a little kid. I cant stand to wear anything that binds up when I roll over.
I wear those sports shorts that are loose and kinda silky so they slide across the sheets and dont bind up.
We have a sleep number bed that has a pad for each side of the bed. You can turn it to three levels of cool or three levels of warm.
In the winter you turn it to it's warmest setting about an hour before bed and it's warm when you climb in bed.
It uses airflow rather than electric wires like an electric blanket and it doesnt get uncomfortably warm even on high.
And of course in the summer you turn to the cool settings.

Forum List

Back