Link-up between Yemen and Syria Islamists of 'extreme concern': US

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Not only is the free world worried about these radical nuts, but even other countries in the Middle East, such as Saudi Arabia.

Jul. 13, 2014 | 08:30 PM

Previous

Agence France Presse

WASHINGTON: US Attorney General Eric Holder said on Sunday that intelligence suggesting Islamist bombmakers from Yemen have teamed up in Syria is "more frightening than anything" he had seen before.

In an interview with ABC News, Holder called the alleged cooperation between expert bomb-makers in Yemen and jihadists fighting in Syria's civil war a "deadly combination."

ABC News, citing unidentified sources, said US intelligence suspects Yemeni bombmakers in Syria have designed an explosive device small enough to fit in a laptop computer.

"I think we are at a dangerous time," Holder said, referring to the link-up of experts with technical know-how and "people who have this kind of fervor to give their lives."

"It's something that gives us really extreme, extreme concern," he added in the interview broadcast on Sunday. "In some ways, it's more frightening than anything I think I've seen as attorney general."

Holder's comments come in the wake of increased security for flights heading to the United States.

Earlier this month, US authorities announced new security measures for air passengers from Europe and the Middle East. One such measure was that smartphones and electronic devices must be able to be switched on before travel.

The tighter security was introduced due to fears that militants linked to Al-Qaeda are developing new explosives that could be slipped onto planes undetected.

Read more:
Link-up between Yemen and Syria Islamists of 'extreme concern': US | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

Not only is the free world worried about these radical nuts, but even other countries in the Middle East, such as Saudi Arabia.

Jul. 13, 2014 | 08:30 PM

Previous

Agence France Presse

WASHINGTON: US Attorney General Eric Holder said on Sunday that intelligence suggesting Islamist bombmakers from Yemen have teamed up in Syria is "more frightening than anything" he had seen before.

In an interview with ABC News, Holder called the alleged cooperation between expert bomb-makers in Yemen and jihadists fighting in Syria's civil war a "deadly combination."

ABC News, citing unidentified sources, said US intelligence suspects Yemeni bombmakers in Syria have designed an explosive device small enough to fit in a laptop computer.

"I think we are at a dangerous time," Holder said, referring to the link-up of experts with technical know-how and "people who have this kind of fervor to give their lives."

"It's something that gives us really extreme, extreme concern," he added in the interview broadcast on Sunday. "In some ways, it's more frightening than anything I think I've seen as attorney general."

Holder's comments come in the wake of increased security for flights heading to the United States.

Earlier this month, US authorities announced new security measures for air passengers from Europe and the Middle East. One such measure was that smartphones and electronic devices must be able to be switched on before travel.

The tighter security was introduced due to fears that militants linked to Al-Qaeda are developing new explosives that could be slipped onto planes undetected.

Read more:
Link-up between Yemen and Syria Islamists of 'extreme concern': US | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

anyone out there naïve enough to be surprised?

remember ---its THE CALIPHATE----the DEPRAVED BLOODY CALIPHATE

Forum List

Back