LiveStrong

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
We've all heard of it.
It was originally The Lance Armstrong Foundation.
We've seen, or even worn, the yellow bracelet.

So MrsHorty and I were out for an early Mothers' Day dinner (being a restaurant manager, I'm never off that day, so....) and a guy at the next table was wearing a LiveStrong bracelet.
It got my mind wondering - knowing how he cheated in bicycling for so long - how efficient this (seemingly) great charity really is.

Even though public contributions fell by roughly $6 million, LiveStrong reported higher revenue in 2011. They claimed it increased from $42,267,410 to $46,838,932. Nevertheless, the amount of money paid in grants decreased a lot, from $9,058,100 to $5,210,262. That’s the money they dole out to cancer programs at hospitals and clinics.

Salaries?
CEO Douglas Ulman leading the pack. He went from $321,000 to $354,000 in one year

Lance Armstrong Foundation LiveStrong: Public Contributions Slide, Salaries Are Up | Showbiz411

Pretty shitty if you ask me
:doubt:

I don't know how good his charity is. I did some research into charities and chose one that puts about 90% of its budget into charity rather than administrative costs, advertising, etc. Ninety-percent of what you give goes where you want it to go. I generally don't donate to any other charity because I don't know how they perform. You can research the performance of charities and not contribute to those which spend too much money on administrative costs. There is a LiveStrong website that has a lot of good advice on diet, nutrition, exercise, etc. But, again, I have found a similar website which I like a lot better.

Last edited:
It's always wise to research before donating.

But, WOW, only $5million in Grant Funds out of $46.8million in revenue???

:eek:

Forum List

Back