LOLcritters

uinneruppedmai128559561355679305.jpg

Fitz, thanks for all the information. Sounds like you are knowledgeable about the breed.

One person dog, eh? Well, guess who her "person" is? Me! She adores me. She follows me everywhere. Lays down near me, for example, right now she is laying right behind my chair while I type on the computer. When I get up, she will follow me to my next task and hang around nearby. The other dogs are allowed on the bed, but she is not. So she has a sleeping mat on the floor on my side of the bed because she wants to be as close to me as possible. I slide it under the bed during the day.

But she has never shown any aggression whatsoever to another person. Nor cats. But dogs...yes. She bit my favorite doberman on the leg once, a bad bite...I think that's when I started really disliking her. The doberman kind of started it though. And the aggression has not escalated, in fact there is more of an issue between my two dobermans than with the Sharpei.

I don't think finding her a new home is really an option. I act like I'm mean, but I would be totally worried that they didn't take good care of her.

I take good care of her, you know. I think she likes it here, she likes playing tug of war with one of the dobermans and a couple of the cats seem to have made friends with her. I think I'm the only one who is suffering, and...well, I guess that's what us rescuers sometimes do. Sacrifice our own needs for others. :(

Go to a second hand store, get a bushel of old hand towels, and stew them throughout your home. That way whenever she's grossing you out, you can just grab one, give the offending hide a swipe, and drop it. Pick them up every other day or so and wash them.

This has saved me...I've got a saint, and I deal with slobber as well. I've had other animals that had high maintenance skin, and it's good advice across the board. Plus, she will interpret it as petting...you'll stay on top of the "ewww" factor, and she'll think she's getting lots of love!

Forum List

Back