Looks like we got another one

US to expand eyes in the sky over Afghanistan

WASHINGTON – The U.S. military is adding more drones and expanding its video surveillance in the skies over Afghanistan to meet the needs of American forces as 30,000 more troops head into the war zone, a top Air Force general said Wednesday.

The bolstered eyes in the sky will come from a mix of manned and unmanned aircraft and added technology that allows each MQ-9 Reaper drone to collect 10 video transmissions and beam them back to 10 different users on the ground, Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula, deputy chief of staff for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, told reporters.

Huh? If there was already an order of protection, then his case would fall under it. Hello? Are you now suggesting that new and different orders are needed? Look, attorneys for both sides aren't stupid enough to release highly classified information in any event. Don't be such a jerk about this. If you don't like the situation just because Eric Holder is the AG under President Obama and you hate them both, then just say so. But your points arguing the legality are just plain stupid.

First, Ive been civil with you you stupid fucking **** and this has nothing to do with my dislike for Obama. This has to do with your stupid fucking idea to try KSM in civilian Court and I'm asking you why didn't the man in the OP have the same standing as KSM as a US citizen. Weren't his "rights" violated?

he can't defend his hypocritical stance....

he thinks we should try them because it shows our might, yet he brags that we KILL them with drones....its pathetic

American Justice System vs. Drones....they are sooooooo the only choices.

In the US yes, after the war Truman and Ike changed their status (those still in Germany and surrounding countries), removing them from POW status, i.e. denying them the protections under the Geneva Convention. It is estimated over one million German soldiers and civilians died in our camps after the war.
Book: Other Losses by James Bacque
(As a side note, the authors' assertions and conclusions are considered controversial and have been challenged by those he claims are responsible and by other but not all historians.)

I would call that book conspiracy theory nonsense, with the Marshall plan we did way more than any victorious nation ever did regarding rebuilding our defeated enemies, we were hardly purposely killing them, and a million is quite a large number.

Which is why the disclaimer at the end. The author claims we purposely neglected them and most died from disease, exposure and malnutrition. Even the Swiss Red Cross claimed some of our camps were worse than the German concentration camps. The military claims it did not have the tents, blankets and food to feed them but records show hundreds of tons of these supplies sitting unused in depots around Germany and Belgium.
The author does have some compelling evidence, but unfortunately the military destroyed all the documentation directly related to the situation. So it's anyone's guess as to what really transpired.

Yeah........something along those lines has happened IN this country, within the past decade.

Remember Hurricane Katrina? How about the fact that there were all sorts of supplies around that was SUPPOSED to go, but didn't.

Oh yeah......there were also all those trailer houses in storage at (ironically) Hope, Arkansas.

Bush Jr. and company claimed that they didn't have the necessary supplies to take care of the situation, and it turned into a miserable failure.

6 months later, supplies were going bad, and had to be thrown away.

Same with the trailer houses.

As far as destroying documentation? Well.......remember the 97 days of 22 million missing e-mails from the White House? They were hoping that none of them would ever re-surface, because I've got a hunch that is where most of the planning and dirty deals for the Iraq war were done at.

And guess what.......they've resurfaced.

I would call that book conspiracy theory nonsense, with the Marshall plan we did way more than any victorious nation ever did regarding rebuilding our defeated enemies, we were hardly purposely killing them, and a million is quite a large number.

Which is why the disclaimer at the end. The author claims we purposely neglected them and most died from disease, exposure and malnutrition. Even the Swiss Red Cross claimed some of our camps were worse than the German concentration camps. The military claims it did not have the tents, blankets and food to feed them but records show hundreds of tons of these supplies sitting unused in depots around Germany and Belgium.
The author does have some compelling evidence, but unfortunately the military destroyed all the documentation directly related to the situation. So it's anyone's guess as to what really transpired.

Yeah........something along those lines has happened IN this country, within the past decade.

Remember Hurricane Katrina? How about the fact that there were all sorts of supplies around that was SUPPOSED to go, but didn't.

Oh yeah......there were also all those trailer houses in storage at (ironically) Hope, Arkansas.

Bush Jr. and company claimed that they didn't have the necessary supplies to take care of the situation, and it turned into a miserable failure.

6 months later, supplies were going bad, and had to be thrown away.

Same with the trailer houses.

As far as destroying documentation? Well.......remember the 97 days of 22 million missing e-mails from the White House? They were hoping that none of them would ever re-surface, because I've got a hunch that is where most of the planning and dirty deals for the Iraq war were done at.

And guess what.......they've resurfaced.

WTF does that have to do with anything I posted?
(Your blue blinders don't need adjusting. They're working just fine).

In the US yes, after the war Truman and Ike changed their status (those still in Germany and surrounding countries), removing them from POW status, i.e. denying them the protections under the Geneva Convention. It is estimated over one million German soldiers and civilians died in our camps after the war.
Book: Other Losses by James Bacque
(As a side note, the authors' assertions and conclusions are considered controversial and have been challenged by those he claims are responsible and by other but not all historians.)

The Author can claim all he wants but without any proof, and knowing guys who were there at the time, and having spent over 10 years in Germany myself. I don't believe the Germans would be that forgiving. If all that were true, we would have had a lot more hostility from the German people after the fact.

The Author can claim all he wants but without any proof, and knowing guys who were there at the time, and having spent over 10 years in Germany myself. I don't believe the Germans would be that forgiving. If all that were true, we would have had a lot more hostility from the German people after the fact.

I'm just relating what the author and the Swiss Red Cross claimed. didn't say it could be proven or disproven.

I'm just relating what the author and the Swiss Red Cross claimed. didn't say it could be proven or disproven.

Understood.

Um, that's dated Dec 2008 PRIOR to KSM being granted rights under the Constitution as a US Citizen and prior to Obama And Holder decision to try him as such.

Good luck making that stick

Huh? If there was already an order of protection, then his case would fall under it. Hello? Are you now suggesting that new and different orders are needed? Look, attorneys for both sides aren't stupid enough to release highly classified information in any event. Don't be such a jerk about this. If you don't like the situation just because Eric Holder is the AG under President Obama and you hate them both, then just say so. But your points arguing the legality are just plain stupid.

First, Ive been civil with you you stupid fucking **** and this has nothing to do with my dislike for Obama. This has to do with your stupid fucking idea to try KSM in civilian Court and I'm asking you why didn't the man in the OP have the same standing as KSM as a US citizen. Weren't his "rights" violated?

If he had been captured instead of killed, maybe he would have. This isn't rocket science.

Your faulty analogy has already been disproved numerous times on this thread. Why do you continue to ressurect it? Are you that dense?

This isn't peer reviewed Global Warming Settled Science therefore, "Because I say so" or calling me stupid for asking is NOT a winning argument.

I noticed you didn't answer.

Last edited:
ehhh my father guarded Japanese p.o.w.'s back then, who was summarily executed?

The few that we actually captured and not killed outright trying to surrender, not that I'm condemning the practice. With the Japs there was a valid reason for most of it.

"Herbie Haupt was the first of six Nazi agents to be electrocuted in the District of Columbia jail on Aug. 8, 1942. He was also an American citizen. Two months earlier, on June 17, Haupt had landed ashore with three compatriots at Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Their group, along with a second group of four Nazi spies that landed in eastern Long Island on June 13, came from Germany by submarine. They had instructions to destroy American factories, power plants, railroads and other military-industrial sites—an assignment known as Operation Pastorius.

Federal authorities quickly apprehended the eight saboteurs, all of whom were wearing civilian clothing at the time. On July 2, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established a military commission to try them. Six of the eight, including the 22-year-old Haupt, were executed; one was sentenced to life imprisonment; and one was sentenced to thirty years imprisonment."

FDR Got It Right... | The Harvard Crimson

You didn't know your hero executed Enemy Combatants?

They were spies, as some one who served in the military I am acquainted with the rules of war and spying in such a manner received punishment of this kind.

Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

WASHINGTON -- Militants in Iraq have used $26 off-the-shelf software to intercept live video feeds from U.S. Predator drones, potentially providing them with information they need to evade or monitor U.S. military operations.

Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes' systems. Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber -- available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet -- to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter.

Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

WASHINGTON -- Militants in Iraq have used $26 off-the-shelf software to intercept live video feeds from U.S. Predator drones, potentially providing them with information they need to evade or monitor U.S. military operations.

Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes' systems. Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber -- available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet -- to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter.

Easily fixed now that we know.

BTW, we used to do that to the Russians too.

If he had been captured instead of killed, maybe he would have. This isn't rocket science.

This is amazing! Seriously! I never learned so much as I did in this post! Let me get this justice system....unless we kill them.

Is that it? Is that how it works?

Does this only apply to Jihadists or do all US citizens surrender their rights when they get killed?

Yeah, he had rights, until we killed him

Last edited:
The few that we actually captured and not killed outright trying to surrender, not that I'm condemning the practice. With the Japs there was a valid reason for most of it.

"Herbie Haupt was the first of six Nazi agents to be electrocuted in the District of Columbia jail on Aug. 8, 1942. He was also an American citizen. Two months earlier, on June 17, Haupt had landed ashore with three compatriots at Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Their group, along with a second group of four Nazi spies that landed in eastern Long Island on June 13, came from Germany by submarine. They had instructions to destroy American factories, power plants, railroads and other military-industrial sites—an assignment known as Operation Pastorius.

Federal authorities quickly apprehended the eight saboteurs, all of whom were wearing civilian clothing at the time. On July 2, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established a military commission to try them. Six of the eight, including the 22-year-old Haupt, were executed; one was sentenced to life imprisonment; and one was sentenced to thirty years imprisonment."

They were spies, as some one who served in the military I am acquainted with the rules of war and spying in such a manner received punishment of this kind.

OK, so spies who killed no one get executed as Enemy Combatants, but Jihadists who killed 3,000 and tried to kill 60,000 that day have standing under the Constitution as citizens

Did I get that right?

OK, so spies who killed no one get executed as Enemy Combatants, but Jihadists who killed 3,000 and tried to kill 60,000 that day have standing under the Constitution as citizens

Did I get that right?

No Jihadists that did that died in the planes they used to crash into the buildings, the ones who have been captured on foreign soil have not stood trial yet and have not been proven guilty of said charges.

Did I get that right?

No Jihadists that did that died in the planes they used to crash into the buildings, the ones who have been captured on foreign soil have not stood trial yet and have not been proven guilty of said charges.

A moot point. They are muslims and someone said they did it. Hang them.

Your faulty analogy has already been disproved numerous times on this thread. Why do you continue to ressurect it? Are you that dense?

This isn't peer reviewed Global Warming Settled Science therefore, "Because I say so" or calling me stupid for asking is NOT a winning argument.

I noticed you didn't answer.

Puzzled

What thread are you responding to? "Peer review Global warming"???

Forum List

Back