Loony libs suspend 7 y.o. student for shaping his food into gun shape

I'm guessing there's much more to this story than is being revealed.

I also bet that not one rightwing nut on the planet cares.

Like I said, "anyone with a brain". That leaves you out.

Shut up, and stop trying to change the subject. Only a moronic liberal would scar a child in the name of political correctness.

Texas GOP works to ban teaching critical thinking skills in Public Schools

Welfare War: GOP?s Campfield Advocates Starving Children With Bad Grades

Education works. Consistent access to healthy food and positive reinforcement works. But, as Nashville Scene points out, you have to be several shades of gleefully sadistic to propose withholding food from children to motivate poverty stricken families to “do better.”
As the latest ridiculous welfare ban floated by Campbell (who actually, unironically claims to be a Christian) on the web, it seems apt to ask, who would Jesus starve? The little children?

Show me how Democrats want to cause such damage. I dare you.

I double dare you.

Poor deanie....

Finding important ideas and laughing at them because you don't understand them has become a hobby with you.

"Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."
From your link

What you don't understand is that the fake education of "Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification)..." has been proven to be a failure.

1. Just look at the terrible outcome of decades of educrat 'critical thinking skills' programs.

Only someone with your level of intellect would look at the results and find them satisfactory.

2. E.D. Hirsch has advanced the idea of teaching factual material, known as content-rich curricula.
“I came to see that the text alone is not enough,” Hirsch said to me recently at his Charlottesville, Virginia, home. “The unspoken—that is, relevant background knowledge—is absolutely crucial in reading a text.”… he received an endowed professorship and became chairman of the English department at the University of Virginia.[He found that] the reading and writing skills of many incoming students were poor, sure to handicap them in their future academic work.

In trying to figure out how to close this “literacy gap,” Hirsch conducted an experiment on reading comprehension, using two groups of college students. Members of the first group possessed broad background knowledge in subjects like history, geography, civics, the arts, and basic science; members of the second, often from disadvantaged homes, lacked such knowledge. The knowledgeable students, it turned out, could far more easily comprehend and analyze difficult college-level texts (both fiction and nonfiction) than their poorly informed brethren could. Hirsch had discovered “a way to measure the variations in reading skill attributable to variations in the relevant background knowledge of audiences.”
E. D. Hirsch’s Curriculum for Democracy by Sol Stern, City Journal Autumn 2009

Again?
"The knowledgeable students, it turned out, could far more easily comprehend and analyze difficult college-level texts (both fiction and nonfiction) than their poorly informed brethren."

Reading lots of books on various subjects might help you.

If you can't understand that, you're probably the victim of 'critical thinking skills' education.

We know what Republicans have done to the history books in Texas. And "SCIENCE"? Aren't you one of those who believe in a "young earth"?

Worse, the platform explains EXACTLY what they mean:

have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Fixed Beliefs? Undermining Parental Authority? Nothing to do with "learning". Everything to do with "control". Republicans want those children do believe only what they are told and not think for themselves. We on the other side, call that "propaganda". It's the exact definition of propaganda. There is no misunderstanding here.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

It's not the left, it's not the right. It's the elites. They are training the young of this country to be soldiers of the global elites for their wars of conquest, and then when they display what they have been conditioned in their schools, people wonder why? Really?

This is what they have been watching . . . . let's not even get started on the video games.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnDJ7Swn3c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnDJ7Swn3c[/ame]

Forum List

Back