Lynyrd Skynyrd

I like the silly song but it doesn`t make a lot of sense. Is it Neil's conscience that`s supposed to be bothered? If that`s the case, why? He didn`t block school doors to keep Black students out.

The Knebworth show had an estimated 150-200 thousand fans who came to see The Rolling Stones. :icon_rolleyes:
Neil Youngs name isn't fit to even be spoken in the same sentence as Skynrd. I would dislike him if I were them simply for his lack of talent and overbloated portfolio.
Skynard wrote or played 2 listenable songs. Maybe 3 if you`re drunk. A lot of redneck garbage sounds better after 6 cheap beers.

The Knebworth show had an estimated 150-200 thousand fans who came to see The Rolling Stones. :icon_rolleyes:

Skynard wrote or played 2 listenable songs. Maybe 3 if you`re drunk. A lot of redneck garbage sounds better after 6 cheap beers.
Even if this were true, which is subjective and debatable;' it is 2 or 3 songs more than Neil Young wrote.

I like the silly song but it doesn`t make a lot of sense. Is it Neil's conscience that`s supposed to be bothered? If that`s the case, why? He didn`t block school doors to keep Black students out.
Neil Young did apologize for his recordings condemning Alabama so his conscience must have bothered him.

Neil Young maybe had two that were listenable.

After the fatal crash that ended in flames, I bought the Lynard Skynard album because I thought that, with the flames on the cover, it might become a collectors’ item. I even left it unopened.

But a roommate I had way back when opened it and played it and scratched it.

And I think when we moved, he kept it.

I have both top 5 of all time. Musical genius both. Never anything like those Lynrd Skynrd dual lead guitars when it popped out. Every note scripted right on time. Pronounced album from 1973 was an eye opener, took over the airwaves immediately. 90% A+++ songs on that.

Neil was genius on guitar and songwriting in my book. I don't know about trashing the South. I pretty much ignored all that as I listened to HARVEST "Out on the Weekend". Made the harmonica tolerable, actually enjoyable. However, many of us called him "DROOPY".

Forum List

Back