Lynyrd Skynyrd

IMHO Neil Young will be remembered for his entire body of work long after Lynyrd Skynyrd is in the dust bin of musical history....And if I hear Free Bird one-more-time....Boom! to the moon Alice. ;)

IMHO Neil Young will be remembered for his entire body of work long after Lynyrd Skynyrd is in the dust bin of musical history....And if I hear Free Bird one-more-time....Boom! to the moon Alice. ;)

I already forgot about Neil Young until I played the song "Sweet Home Alabama".

There are other finds out there: Stumbled across it. Maybe the video is very likeable or the mandolin and double mandolin? The Viet Nam reference.

Last edited:
Never did like the Grahm Nash bunch. Stills was OK alone I suppose and Neil was Neil. But outside of woodstock album, the sound just seemed so orchestrated? No clear lead singer or something missing.
Crosby Stills and Nash were better without Neil Young. Southern Cross was their best song in my opinion.

In November of 1977 a few months after Lynyrd Skynyr's plane went down I attended a Neil Young Concert at Miami's Bayfront Park and towards the end of the concert Nwil Young mentions the crash then played Sweet Home Alabama

Forum List

Back