Major gas pipeline shut from Houston to New York

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Major Gas Pipeline Shut: From Houston To New York

The nation will likely see a spike in gas prices after Hurricane Harvey ravaged the gulf coast, destroying refineries and pipelines.

Gas shortages are also causing long lines at the pumps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well isn't that just special . maybe Obama or Clinton can swoop on in and save the scary pipeline shut down.

Gas has jumped 60 cents since sunday. Sucks when you get 15 miles a gallon lol

Major Gas Pipeline Shut: From Houston To New York

The nation will likely see a spike in gas prices after Hurricane Harvey ravaged the gulf coast, destroying refineries and pipelines.

Gas shortages are also causing long lines at the pumps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well isn't that just special . maybe Obama or Clinton can swoop on in and save the scary pipeline shut down.

And this happens every hurricane season when a major storm hits near oil wells or refineries. Don't you remember?

Seriously, you are getting ripped off and hosed, TN. National average is up about 30 cents. Mine has gone up 0.22 locally, 0.25 state wide. I'm within 40 miles of one of the Colonial's storage hubs in upstate SC. Colonial will restart Sunday, albeit probably at reduced capacity due to input factors. Wholesale futures are already falling. The worst has passed and you've been robbed. Don't fill up until you need to.

Up 10 cents here. But the grocery store I use gives gas credits per month depending on how many groceries you buy there.

I filled up yesterday at 1.79 per gal., 50 cents off each.

Up 10 cents here. But the grocery store I use gives gas credits per month depending on how many groceries you buy there.

I filled up yesterday at 1.79 per gal., 50 cents off each.
I use the shell rewards program so that saved me ten cents a gallon lol
Im jealous of yours lol

Seriously, you are getting ripped off and hosed, TN. National average is up about 30 cents. Mine has gone up 0.22 locally, 0.25 state wide. I'm within 40 miles of one of the Colonial's storage hubs in upstate SC. Colonial will restart Sunday, albeit probably at reduced capacity due to input factors. Wholesale futures are already falling. The worst has passed and you've been robbed. Don't fill up until you need to.
Sure seems like it. Crazy thing is, our gas is usually some of the cheapest in the country! lol

Do you use Gas Buddy? Take your business elsewhere, 0.6/gal is absurd. Billy sounds like he's an Ingle's or BiLo's customer, they do that here and even have pumps at their newer stores. My wife uses that program.

It's scheduled to reopen Sunday. Don't buy into the media fed panic. There is plenty of gas and the situation is being managed.

We've had plenty of gas since WWII, but that hasn't stopped the monopoly from raising prices.

Hurricane Obama drove gas prices up for 6 years.

The commodities market drove up prices to adjust for losses from the Republican caused economic crash of 2007-2008.

No sitting President is responsible for gasoline prices, good or bad.
Wrong. Gas prices dropped before the housing market crash and it was because offshore drilling restrictions were lifted.
Obama immediately reimposed those restrictions upon taking office and drove the price back up.
Fracking technology applied in locations that were beyond obama control created new supply and drove the price back down.

I seem to recall Obama touting that he was going to drive the cost of gas through the roof to /force/ us to stop using it. He later had to give up on that idea because pretty much everyone told him it was stupid.

The commodities market drove up prices to adjust for losses from the Republican caused economic crash of 2007-2008.

Wrong. Gas prices dropped before the housing market crash and it was because offshore drilling restrictions were lifted.
Obama immediately reimposed those restrictions upon taking office and drove the price back up.
Fracking technology applied in locations that were beyond obama control created new supply and drove the price back down.

No. Commodities is the cash cow for the stock market. It's how we one percenters make monies to invest on the back of the workers.

I seem to recall Obama touting that he was going to drive the cost of gas through the roof to /force/ us to stop using it. He later had to give up on that idea because pretty much everyone told him it was stupid.

Then post what Obama said in context.

No. Commodities is the cash cow for the stock market. It's how we one percenters make monies to invest on the back of the workers.
And commodities are subject to circumstances, contrived or otherwise.
Do you ever look outside to determine the weather?

Forum List

Back