Man Jokingly Encourages His Daughter to Runaway From Home

Nope, not child abuse. It's calling out a kid's bluff.
I did the same thing once when I was a kid.
Later that day, I got hungry and went back home for supper. .. lol

Lol I see what you're saying, but how did he know it was a bluff? For the record I ran away before as a child too. Twice in fact. I got caught both each time but still, I had been serious. Oh actually there was going to be a third time, but I didn't actually go through with it and nobody ever found out about it.

Granted, it's a different world now. When I ran away, I was never out of sight of people who knew me, who would have come to my aid if I needed it.

Well the three attempts I had (if you call the third time an attempt) I wasn't even home. The first time I was at a church with my cousin, the last time I was at school, the in-between time I was at home. That was the only time I actually was at home. My cousin sort of egged me on the first time though and I was only ten years old at the time.

Nothing about this is funny. This is just pure child abuse, plain and simple.

You're right it's not funny.......it's hilarious!! :laughing0301:
Dont all kids say they're going to runaway at some point?
I know I did but I was a bit more prepared than the little girl.
I planned my escape from stealing food from the pantry and stashing it at our fort in the woods to gathering firewood and packing my pup tent and sleeping bag.
My plan was foiled by exactly what the dad said....it was to fuken hot in August in Texas.

The child could mean it like I did and get hurt out there all by herself?

Nope, sorry, but that doesn't qualify as child abuse.

And, for the record, I'm someone who DID run away from home, and meant it each and every time I did it. First 2 times, I stupidly ran away to see my foster care case worker, and each time, he drove me back to my foster family. On the third time, I chose to not go see him, and instead made it to my Grandparents, where I was allowed to live until I turned 18, then joined the Navy. None of those times were my foster parents brought up on charges, even though I managed on the first 2 times to make it from Missoula MT to Helena MT, and on the 3rd time that I was successful, made it from Missoula MT to Great Falls MT. Each trip was over 200 miles from where my foster family was at.

Nope, not child abuse. It's calling out a kid's bluff.
I did the same thing once when I was a kid.
Later that day, I got hungry and went back home for supper. .. lol
Reminds me of how my dad handled my 12 year old sister in the mid 50s. She was unhappy and said she wanted to runaway. Dad said, there's the door. She asked for a suitcase and he told her she had a scarf, make a bindle. She did and the family loaded up in the car and took her out to a particularly overgrown, dark country road and dropped her off. We returned the way we came, around the first turn and turned off the lights and ignition. I still remember the screams as she came running around the curve, DAAAAAADEEEEEEE! LMAO. She never ran away again.

Reminds me of how my dad handled my 12 year old sister in the mid 50s. She was unhappy and said she wanted to runaway. Dad said, there's the door. She asked for a suitcase and he told her she had a scarf, make a bindle. She did and the family loaded up in the car and took her out to a particularly overgrown, dark country road and dropped her off. We returned the way we came, around the first turn and turned off the lights and ignition. I still remember the screams as she came running around the curve, DAAAAAADEEEEEEE! LMAO. She never ran away again.
Well played.

You're right it's not funny.......it's hilarious!! :laughing0301:
Dont all kids say they're going to runaway at some point?
I know I did but I was a bit more prepared than the little girl.
I planned my escape from stealing food from the pantry and stashing it at our fort in the woods to gathering firewood and packing my pup tent and sleeping bag.
My plan was foiled by exactly what the dad said....it was to fuken hot in August in Texas.
I did a similar thing when I was 8 in Phoenix. I made it about a mile and a half away, headed for NM when a cop spotted me and asked me my name. I told him and he said my parents were very worried. Didn't I want to go home. I said NO. He said why and I told him because I was going to get a beating. No, he assured me, they wouldn't do that. When he returned me to home, I was sent to my room and I heard him tell my mom that I was concerned that I was going to get a spanking. She assured him that she wouldn't. Sure she wouldn't. I'll let you guess what happened. LOL

What is to be done when the parent is the one who doesn't know how to clean up their room?

God bless you and that little girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. "When you get hot, don't come back!" is something that was said to the little girl. Right me if I am wrong, but isn't "hot" a word that is used to describe something that is stolen? If yes, well then, you can get your bottom dollar that she won't be back should she end up being hot because it will then mean that she has been kidnapped! In other words, I thank her daddy dearest for letting the rest of us know just how far his own brain train doesn't travel!!! Gee whiz! As if another child needs to be in danger as if enough kids haven't been killed already. :( :( :(

What is to be done when the parent is the one who doesn't know how to clean up their room?

God bless you and that little girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. "When you get hot, don't come back!" is something that was said to the little girl. Right me if I am wrong, but isn't "hot" a word that is used to describe something that is stolen? If yes, well then, you can get your bottom dollar that she won't be back should she end up being hot because it will then mean that she has been kidnapped! In other words, I thank her daddy dearest for letting the rest of us know just how far his own brain train doesn't travel!!! Gee whiz! As if another child needs to be in danger as if enough kids haven't been killed already. :( :( :(

Depends on the way the word "hot" is being used. If used as it normally is, then "hot" means a high temperature. If it is used in slang concerning merchandise, then "hot' usually means stolen. If music or something is "hot", it can also refer to it becoming extremely popular in a short amount of time. "Hot" can also refer to how good looking someone is, meaning that they are extremely attractive.

What if the father was telling her that when she became "hot", to not come back (in this case, meaning extremely attractive), because he knew that some guy would be willing to take care of her (as in a sugar daddy), she could make a career out of modeling, or possibly, she could become the most sought after pole dancer in town.

Forum List

Back