Man Squanders Nearly $300,000 for One Hour Thrill

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
In the news, a Brit bought a Ferrari, one of only 499 made, and somehow managed to totally destroy it beyond all recognition less than one hour after purchasing it! Quoted price was $288,000 dollars though the article says $260,000.

Amazingly, the guy not only survived the crash, but walked away with only minor scrapes!

Gone In 60 Minutes: Man Crashes, Destroys New Ferrari He Bought An Hour Earlier

The car reaches 60 mph in 3.3 seconds with a top speed just short of 200 mph.

Last edited:
In the news, a Brit bought a Ferrari, one of only 499 made, and somehow managed to totally destroy it beyond all recognition less than one hour after purchasing it! Quoted price was $288,000 dollars though the article says $260,000.

Amazingly, the guy not only survived the crash, but walked away with only minor scrapes!

/----/ A fool and his money are soon parted.

/----/ The value of the other 488 just went up.

I wonder if it has any trade-in value for a new car? ; ^ )

Why do I get this feeling in the back of my neck this guy is going to sue Ferrari and claim it was defective?!

Why do I get this feeling in the back of my neck this guy is going to sue Ferrari and claim it was defective?!
/----/ Ferrari should sue him for bad publicity and being an asshole. They should offer to replace it with a Kia Sorento.

/----/ The value of the other 488 just went up.

Not the value, just the price. No car is worth that much.

/----/ Ferrari should sue him for bad publicity and being an asshole. They should offer to replace it with a Kia Sorento.

He would probably wreck that too, You don't get airborne, launched through the air 150 feet for nothing!

We all ought to start calling Ferrari up asking them if their cars are safe to drive. ; ^ )

He would probably wreck that too, You don't get airborne, launched through the air 150 feet for nothing!

We all ought to start calling Ferrari up asking them if their cars are safe to drive. ; ^ )
/----/ yeah but if he wrecks the Kia no one will care

It was too much car for him to handle. I don't image too many drivers will be turned off by that.

THey might be more careful.

It was too much car for him to handle. I don't image too many drivers will be turned off by that.

Heck, the car only has 360 horsepower. The car I drive now has 300. In my day of building engines when young, I never drove around with less than 400-450 HP.

I never flew through the air and landed in flames 150 feet off the road, and I was an animal behind the wheel. One of my cars, I only paid $450.00 for! ; ^ ) But it needed a lot of work.

Heck, the car only has 360 horsepower. The car I drive now has 300. In my day of building engines when young, I never drove around with less than 400-450 HP.

I never flew through the air and landed in flames 150 feet off the road, and I was an animal behind the wheel. One of my cars, I only paid $450.00 for! ; ^ ) But it needed a lot of work.
/----/ My first car was a 1960 VW Karmann Ghia 36 hp and zero to 60 in one week.

Forum List

Back