Man threatens to blow up state building over misspelled sign

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"A man brought a pressure cooker he claimed was a bomb into the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission office and told employees he tried to blow up their sign because it was misspelled.

After discussing his failed attempt to detonate his bomb, the man complained that the instructions he downloaded to make the bomb also had misspellings. When [the bomber] noticed Executive Director Vickie Chamberlain signaling for someone to dial 911, Burdek left—taking the pressure cooker with him."

bilde

The interwebz is just too much for the average bomber these days.

More importantly the availability of this type of information makes things all too easy for people to strike out at others.

State of Oregon

teacher standards an practices commission

hmm, clearly a typo nazitard, since it really isn't a misspelling.

but teachers look at it everyday, and I know he's lodged many complaints, so.....

Teachers clearly don't care about being professional.

State of Oregon

but teachers look at it everyday, and I know he's lodged many complaints, so.....

It is the board that oversees and licenses the teachers.

State of Oregon

So you think no teachers are involved in setting their standards?

:lol:

It shows them to be sloppy and lazy, which they are, but I wouldn't call this a capital offense.

State of Oregon

I never said that, The commission processes " Licenses are required for: teachers; counselors; school psychologists; supervisors; professional technical directors; principals, program directors, and other district administrators who evaluate licensed personnel; superintendents; athletic coaches; school nurses; substitute teachers; and other personnel performing the above duties regardless of title." There is more the personnel than "teachers" there are psychologists, attorneys, administrators, accountants etc who set the standards for acquiring a license.

State of Oregon

Because the teachers have all the power to change that sign.

"A man brought a pressure cooker he claimed was a bomb into the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission office and told employees he tried to blow up their sign because it was misspelled.

After discussing his failed attempt to detonate his bomb, the man complained that the instructions he downloaded to make the bomb also had misspellings. When [the bomber] noticed Executive Director Vickie Chamberlain signaling for someone to dial 911, Burdek left—taking the pressure cooker with him."

bilde

The interwebz is just too much for the average bomber these days.

More importantly the availability of this type of information makes things all too easy for people to strike out at others.

I wouldnt doubt if the guy wasnt part of the deputy dog spelling police of the internet..lol

State of Oregon

You're right. No teacher had the power or courage to march in there and tell them to change the sign b/c it makes them look lazy and unprofessional.

Especially not the ones that went to work there everyfuckingdayoftheweek.

It's far past time for leftist to admit that our teachers suck and need to be held to some kind of standard

It's far past time for leftist to admit that our teachers suck and need to be held to some kind of standard

It's far past time for you to get a fucking grip. A typo on a sign is not the fault of teachers or liberals. That you would attempt to use this against liberals is more of a sign of your own mental issues than anything else.

As wasteful and counterproductive that educational institutions are, you'd think they could afford to have that sign replaced.

It's far past time for you to get a fucking grip. A typo on a sign is not the fault of teachers or liberals. That you would attempt to use this against liberals is more of a sign of your own mental issues than anything else.

Clearly Obama had his goons go and scratch the d off of the sign because they knew it would cause some rightwingnutter to go crazy and try to bomb the sign. Just another sign of Obama's complete takeover of the country.

State of Oregon

So, you think teachers are involved in put up signs in front of buildings?

As wasteful and counterproductive that educational institutions are, you'd think they could afford to have that sign replaced.

It looks to me that there is room for a "d" to be added without spending the money for an entirely new sign.

State of Oregon

You're right. No teacher had the power or courage to march in there and tell them to change the sign b/c it makes them look lazy and unprofessional.

Especially not the ones that went to work there everyfuckingdayoftheweek.

And you know no teacher has gone up to them and pointed that out.......how?

Oh, that's right....the teachers don't threaten to BOMB the place....

It looks to me that there is room for a "d" to be added without spending the money for an entirely new sign.

Yup. One of two things happened... the sign was made as instructed, or the sign maker screwed up. That should determine who should fix it.

Forum List

Back