🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man wears Obama mask for Halloween

Previously, you said that the hospital made it political.

Now you say the "offended" people made it political.

Which was it? The hospital, or the people who complained to the hospital?

Are you saying they lied about being offended?

Wait, that is what I am saying.

I have no idea if they "lied" about being offended, nor does it have anything to do with what I'm saying.

So, who politicized this? The hospital, or the employees and local ministers who complained?

Everyone who is lying about being offended, pretending that being president exempts you from being mocked, and/or defending the hospital.

In case you missed it, that list includes you.

Ok, I'll try and play devils advocate; I am a personnel resources manager, HR call it what you like, I am sitting there with the Hospital lawyer, we are thinking OK, someone came dressed as the president, in a strait jacket and they decide, hey, we need diversity training based on this incident because, we need to get ahead of a lawsuit that may be brought/initiated becasue someone at the party was offended by said costume, their case would be-_______________what? ....the party was offended.....how/why?

wheres the jump off point? :eusa_eh:

And whats more; why is Diversity Training seen as an out?

Diversity training is a course of instruction aimed at increasing the participants' cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in order to benefit an organization by protecting against civil rights violations, by increasing the inclusion of different identity groups, and by promoting better teamwork. [1]

They could feel it's an insult to the mentally ill.

Work in health care, they protect their ass any chance they get.

They insulted the mentally ill by comparing them to Obama? Seriously?

so the lawyer and HR rep. say hey we need diversity training because a mentally ill patient may have seen the costume and they would lodge a suit based on their feeling that it is insulting?

did a mentally ill patient attend the party? How would that inference work? :eusa_eh:

I was being sarcastic. My point is, they try to save their ass anytime they can with useless training.
I have worked in Heath care for almost 7 years and I have gone through a lot of useless diversity and other types of training for that reason.

I hear you, I worked security at a Hospital emergency room with a psyche lockdown for 18 months when I got to Cali. ( best job I ever had but it paid shit:doubt:)

anyway, what I think is, the 1 or 2 person jury/judge on the Hosp. staff got pissed at the costume and decided they take their tantrum out on everyone since they couldn't do it to the individual ;)

Diversity training is a course of instruction aimed at increasing the participants' cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in order to benefit an organization by protecting against civil rights violations, by increasing the inclusion of different identity groups, and by promoting better teamwork. [1]

:eusa_eh:

And I always though it was the alternative to having a toenail pulled out.

so the lawyer and HR rep. say hey we need diversity training because a mentally ill patient may have seen the costume and they would lodge a suit based on their feeling that it is insulting?

did a mentally ill patient attend the party? How would that inference work? :eusa_eh:

I was being sarcastic. My point is, they try to save their ass anytime they can with useless training.
I have worked in Heath care for almost 7 years and I have gone through a lot of useless diversity and other types of training for that reason.

I hear you, I worked security at a Hospital emergency room with a psyche lockdown for 18 months when I got to Cali. ( best job I ever had but it paid shit:doubt:)

anyway, what I think is, the 1 or 2 person jury/judge on the Hosp. staff got pissed at the costume and decided they take their tantrum out on everyone since they couldn't do it to the individual ;)

Or they were afraid it would make national news, and they would get in trouble. ;)

Ok, I'll try and play devils advocate; I am a personnel resources manager, HR call it what you like, I am sitting there with the Hospital lawyer, we are thinking OK, someone came dressed as the president, in a strait jacket and they decide, hey, we need diversity training based on this incident because, we need to get ahead of a lawsuit that may be brought/initiated becasue someone at the party was offended by said costume, their case would be-_______________what? ....the party was offended.....how/why?

And whats more; why is Diversity Training seen as an out?

They insulted the mentally ill by comparing them to Obama? Seriously?

No, not seriously.

anyone?

The jump off point is arbitrary. Blacks consider any mocking of any black person as offensive to all blacks, even to willing participants.
In this case, a person of unknown race put on an obama mask and a straightjacket. OK a black man (a public figure) was mocked. BUT, who has cause to be offended?
The 2 black gentlemen dressed as guards in the photo, apparently weren't offended and they were closest to the incident. They were willing participants.
The hospital legal staff realizes that diversity training isn't necessary for any reason other than protection from suit.
Hospitals continuously operate in CYA mode. They have armies of lawyers trying to figure out what the next suit is going to be over.

soooooooo, they could have then, instituted diversity training over....an employee saying he thinks the president is crazy...or that Bush was Hitler, or that wounded warriors is a rip off org.....

lets suppose a) they talked to a lawyer, b) the lawyer backed their play for Div. trng......Look, a lawyers job is to advise- a lawyer knows to that if they allow their client to react to each and every complaint , outrage etc, they lend a patina of guilt to the action, they set a benchmark, in that, it then means that other complaints hold a nugget of validity as offense, the hospital has taken action based on such a low benchmark here, they are duty bound to respond to almost anything. Noote that this was a Halloween party, cosumtes are a given, intended etc.

In short virtually any complaint will have to be dealt with via some form of forward actionable rectitude, employee behavior modification , conferences, seminars etc.

I have taken part in 3 HR investigations, one, along these lines almost exactly, yup, and this was explained to me, exactly, by a lawyer as we went forward thu the process of what and how we were going to take action.

I just don't see a lawyer telling them to go ahead and institute training minus a viable, documented complaint(s).

I also think that a lawyer would have told them, that minus a flurry of complaints, one won't do it and if they respond it might open up a can of worms that would be far more invasive and likely invidious.

if they are that worried, they'd be better off just not having any more costume parties....

But, we have this-

Jennie Stuart Medical Center is also asking their employees to refrain from wearing political, religious, ethnic and gender based Halloween costumes,

so, why was diversity training mandated again?

And I guess a lady Gaga outfit is out next year?

There have been enough suits brought by blacks re hostile work environments. The protected class looks for a big pay day.

Or they were afraid it would make national news, and they would get in trouble. ;)

If they hadn't reacted the way they did you wouldn't have heard of it, would you? Shows how stupid it is to react to non pretend threats.

Then again, you do support the TSA.

If they hadn't reacted the way they did you wouldn't have heard of it, would you? Shows how stupid it is to react to non pretend threats.

I support the TSA, huh?
Were we talking about the TSA? Do I ever talk about the TSA?

I support the TSA, huh?
Were we talking about the TSA? Do I ever talk about the TSA?

Have we ever talked about the TSA? Yes.

When? Because I don't remember talking about them.
I think you are just assuming again, per usual.

When golfer great, Bobby Jones was practising law a client came in insisting he wanted to sue a guy for telling him to 'go to hell"

Bobby's reply was 'After extensive research of the current laws, the fact is, you don't have to go'

Have we ever talked about the TSA? Yes.

Trust me, the TSA is just one of the things you have argued with me about. You follow me around and argue with me even when you agree with me.

Like I said, you are making stuff up.
And I agreed with you just two days ago, and stated so.
While you usually bring up something that has nothing to do with the conversation, which you have most likely made up. For one, I don't think I have argued about the TSA once on this board.
If I have, it was probably on not profiling people.

Try to stay on topic next time.

Trust me, the TSA is just one of the things you have argued with me about. You follow me around and argue with me even when you agree with me.

Like I said, you are making stuff up.
And I agreed with you just two days ago, and stated so.
While you usually bring up something that has nothing to do with the conversation, which you have most likely made up. For one, I don't think I have argued about the TSA once on this board.
If I have, it was probably on not profiling people.

Try to stay on topic next time.

You have also argued with me even after I pointed out we agreed.

Maybe that helped you get over your problems though, you have been better since then.

Forum List

Back