🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man wears Obama mask for Halloween

If you want to destroy a company just get a number of people to join in doing something easily deemed politically incorrect. Then everybody will be taken away from productive work and spend days in "diversity" classes. Then do another little something "insensitive" as a group and, hey presto!, days spent in "sensitivity training".

Not long with zero production and the whole thing will fold then you can collect your federal largess and get your free Obamaphone and, in time, a free Government Motors Volt.

If you want to destroy a company just get a number of people to join in doing something easily deemed politically incorrect. Then everybody will be taken away from productive work and spend days in "diversity" classes. Then do another little something "insensitive" as a group and, hey presto!, days spent in "sensitivity training".

Not long with zero production and the whole thing will fold then you can collect your federal largess and get your free Obamaphone and, in time, a free Government Motors Volt.

It is not a company, it is a hospital.

that is a bit different and not that easily destroyable

It is not a company, it is a hospital.

that is a bit different and not that easily destroyable

Just means ya gotta work a little harder.

if one has an agenda.

there was no agenda.

usually the hospital is needed by a county and if it is level 1 trauma center - it is VERY MUCH needed. So it is undestroyable.

however I won't make too much conclusions from a bullshit training.
I do all kind of BS "trainings" every year - means just scroll through screens, not even reading a sentence - the test questions repeat itself - if you hit the wrong button - you can try again :lol:
everybody knows it is BS.

Who are you referring to when you say "they" made it political?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

All the people that were "offended" because a black president was mocked.

Previously, you said that the hospital made it political.

Now you say the "offended" people made it political.

Which was it? The hospital, or the people who complained to the hospital?

Are you saying they lied about being offended?

Wait, that is what I am saying.

Who said it was illegal?

Somebody must think it is, why else would they be worried about it?

Deceit alert!

Any suit would be about a hostile work environment NOT about being legally in one's rights to mock a sitting president.

btw, what about workers forced to sit by as owners and bosses rip into a sitting president/

Kid in CA told me about Franchise owner going on and on about Democrats, liberals, Obama and obamacare during a required training on company culture and other stuff.

Your selective faux outrage is boring,...

A single incident does not make a hostile work environment.

PC assholes punish 749 people who did not wear the costume.

A picture of a Jennie Stuart Medical Center employee wearing a President Barack Obama mask and straitjacket at the hospital's annual costume party has stirred debate. Along with the costume (pictured above), a skit called "VIP Special Delivery" was performed, winning the group third place in the costume contest. As a result, all 750 employees have now been required to take diversity training. The VP of Human Resources at the medical center issued a statement to staff apologizing for anyone who was offended and personally took responsibility since the incident occurred on his watch.

Obama Costume at Kentucky Medical Center Event Spurs Debate, Diversity Training - WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

Damn, Dave, Jay, Conan, and all the other late night talk show hosts better watch themselves too.

All the people that were "offended" because a black president was mocked.

Previously, you said that the hospital made it political.

Now you say the "offended" people made it political.

Which was it? The hospital, or the people who complained to the hospital?

Are you saying they lied about being offended?

Wait, that is what I am saying.

I have no idea if they "lied" about being offended, nor does it have anything to do with what I'm saying.

So, who politicized this? The hospital, or the employees and local ministers who complained?

Corporations have to overreact to people mocking the President of the United States? Why? When did it become illegal to mock people just because they got elected in a popularity contest? Why didn't they have to do it when Clinton was president?

Who said it was illegal?

It doesn't have to illegal.
A real lawyer would know that.

Deceit alert!

Any suit would be about a hostile work environment NOT about being legally in one's rights to mock a sitting president.

btw, what about workers forced to sit by as owners and bosses rip into a sitting president/

Kid in CA told me about Franchise owner going on and on about Democrats, liberals, Obama and obamacare during a required training on company culture and other stuff.

Your selective faux outrage is boring,...

A single incident does not make a hostile work environment.

it is not even an incident.
it is a false combination of prevention of possibility of being offended when nobody was offended.

Ok, I'll try and play devils advocate; I am a personnel resources manager, HR call it what you like, I am sitting there with the Hospital lawyer, we are thinking OK, someone came dressed as the president, in a strait jacket and they decide, hey, we need diversity training based on this incident because, we need to get ahead of a lawsuit that may be brought/initiated becasue someone at the party was offended by said costume, their case would be-_______________what? ....the party was offended.....how/why?

wheres the jump off point? :eusa_eh:

And whats more; why is Diversity Training seen as an out?

Diversity training is a course of instruction aimed at increasing the participants' cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in order to benefit an organization by protecting against civil rights violations, by increasing the inclusion of different identity groups, and by promoting better teamwork. [1]

anyone?

Ok, I'll try and play devils advocate; I am a personnel resources manager, HR call it what you like, I am sitting there with the Hospital lawyer, we are thinking OK, someone came dressed as the president, in a strait jacket and they decide, hey, we need diversity training based on this incident because, we need to get ahead of a lawsuit that may be brought/initiated becasue someone at the party was offended by said costume, their case would be-_______________what? ....the party was offended.....how/why?

Diversity training is a course of instruction aimed at increasing the participants' cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills in order to benefit an organization by protecting against civil rights violations, by increasing the inclusion of different identity groups, and by promoting better teamwork. [1]

They could feel it's an insult to the mentally ill.

Work in health care, they protect their ass any chance they get.

anyone?

The jump off point is arbitrary. Blacks consider any mocking of any black person as offensive to all blacks, even to willing participants.
In this case, a person of unknown race put on an obama mask and a straightjacket. OK a black man (a public figure) was mocked. BUT, who has cause to be offended?
The 2 black gentlemen dressed as guards in the photo, apparently weren't offended and they were closest to the incident. They were willing participants.
The hospital legal staff realizes that diversity training isn't necessary for any reason other than protection from suit.
Hospitals continuously operate in CYA mode. They have armies of lawyers trying to figure out what the next suit is going to be over.

You have a point. If I was in need of a straightjacket, I would be offended by being depicted as a lying sack of shit.

so the lawyer and HR rep. say hey we need diversity training because a mentally ill patient may have seen the costume and they would lodge a suit based on their feeling that it is insulting?

did a mentally ill patient attend the party? How would that inference work? :eusa_eh:

anyone?

The jump off point is arbitrary. Blacks consider any mocking of any black person as offensive to all blacks, even to willing participants.
In this case, a person of unknown race put on an obama mask and a straightjacket. OK a black man (a public figure) was mocked. BUT, who has cause to be offended?
The 2 black gentlemen dressed as guards in the photo, apparently weren't offended and they were closest to the incident. They were willing participants.
The hospital legal staff realizes that diversity training isn't necessary for any reason other than protection from suit.
Hospitals continuously operate in CYA mode. They have armies of lawyers trying to figure out what the next suit is going to be over.

soooooooo, they could have then, instituted diversity training over....an employee saying he thinks the president is crazy...or that Bush was Hitler, or that wounded warriors is a rip off org.....

lets suppose a) they talked to a lawyer, b) the lawyer backed their play for Div. trng......Look, a lawyers job is to advise- a lawyer knows to that if they allow their client to react to each and every complaint , outrage etc, they lend a patina of guilt to the action, they set a benchmark, in that, it then means that other complaints hold a nugget of validity as offense, the hospital has taken action based on such a low benchmark here, they are duty bound to respond to almost anything. Noote that this was a Halloween party, cosumtes are a given, intended etc.

In short virtually any complaint will have to be dealt with via some form of forward actionable rectitude, employee behavior modification , conferences, seminars etc.

I have taken part in 3 HR investigations, one, along these lines almost exactly, yup, and this was explained to me, exactly, by a lawyer as we went forward thu the process of what and how we were going to take action.

I just don't see a lawyer telling them to go ahead and institute training minus a viable, documented complaint(s).

I also think that a lawyer would have told them, that minus a flurry of complaints, one won't do it and if they respond it might open up a can of worms that would be far more invasive and likely invidious.

if they are that worried, they'd be better off just not having any more costume parties....

But, we have this-

Jennie Stuart Medical Center is also asking their employees to refrain from wearing political, religious, ethnic and gender based Halloween costumes,

so, why was diversity training mandated again?

And I guess a lady Gaga outfit is out next year?

so the lawyer and HR rep. say hey we need diversity training because a mentally ill patient may have seen the costume and they would lodge a suit based on their feeling that it is insulting?

did a mentally ill patient attend the party? How would that inference work? :eusa_eh:

I was being sarcastic. My point is, they try to save their ass anytime they can with useless training.
I have worked in Heath care for almost 7 years and I have gone through a lot of useless diversity and other types of training for that reason.

Forum List

Back