🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man wears Obama mask for Halloween

Who was injured here? Other than barack obama, no one should be offended. He, being a public figure is free game.

Your opinion of whether or not anyone "should" be offended is irrelevant. As QW has already pointed out, at least one local Baptist minister is offended, and apparently so were the co-workers who brought it to the attention of HR.
But not the coworkers with the masked man in the photo? Why is that? I suppose some people do make a career out of suing for imagined offensiveness, but, I mean, SHIT. You want equal rights? Don't think you can sue because a man with your complexion was teased a bit in a costume contest.

If you're asking me whether I agree that any lawsuits would be completely ridiculous, I do.

But completely ridiculous lawsuits cost companies billions of dollars a year, and few corporations are as aware of that as hospitals are.

Your opinion of whether or not anyone "should" be offended is irrelevant. As QW has already pointed out, at least one local Baptist minister is offended, and apparently so were the co-workers who brought it to the attention of HR.
But not the coworkers with the masked man in the photo? Why is that? I suppose some people do make a career out of suing for imagined offensiveness, but, I mean, SHIT. You want equal rights? Don't think you can sue because a man with your complexion was teased a bit in a costume contest.

If you're asking me whether I agree that any lawsuits would be completely ridiculous, I do.

But completely ridiculous lawsuits cost companies billions of dollars a year, and few corporations are as aware of that as hospitals are.
Jesus Charist!

The skit was viewed as offensive by coworkers. Sensitivity training is demanded. Big deal. PC shit on ALL sides :lol:

No big deal in having to attend sensitivity training. The people offended out to do an anti-christ and pro 911 bombers skit the next year :eek:

Silly, but sillier is the "omfg!" imbecillity of viewing a training as some 'punishment' :laugh2:

The hospital said that the training is because of the incident in order to prevent it from happening again. What other explanation is there for it other than punishment?

Good gawd you're a despicable human being if you imagine an awareness campaign is meant as punishment. Your post can actually be read as support for offending coworkers. WTF likes people who view THAT as normal behavior and appropriate work place behavior

There are not two sides -- Agreeing Those Offended are being silly does not imply support for hysterical buffoons with faux outrage over company policy to attend a sensitivity training.

An awareness campaign is NOT punishment. Dante on one job was forced twice by company policy to attend sensitivty trainings, it made for great debate and discussion afterwards. Some minds were stuck like mud on tbe walls,,,many minds were changed and amused on a few levels.

Lighten up righties. This outrage bullshit is sooooo old

No, the hospital did NOT make it a political issue. It's not a political issue, no matter how hard you try to paint it as one.

It was a business decision.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I am guessing QW has never worked in healthcare or knows how to think like a real lawyer.

We had an hour in service at my last job on when we can allow residents to have sex and how to handle it if they were. We could actually get in trouble even sued for not allowing two dementia patients from having sex. We would probably never be sued over such an issue, but we all know how often people like to sue in regards to health care.

If this hospital didn't offer diversity training and another incident happened, it would make them wide open to a lawsuit. Even someone who doesn't think like a "real" lawyer can see that.

Who was injured here? Other than barack obama, no one should be offended. He, being a public figure is free game.

No one should be, but the world doesn't work that way.
My sister in law was offended when I talked about how bad my own labor was. My own, not hers. She also reported her son's teacher to the state causing and investigation over something a three year old made up.
Thus why corporations offer diversity training. It's stupid, yes. But that's what they have to do these days.

I have to so many hours of continuing education every year, you should see the topics we have to have in services on. You also have to take a class deemed to be a "diversity" class, like a race relation sociology course to even get accepted into the nursing program.

Silly, but sillier is the "omfg!" imbecillity of viewing a training as some 'punishment' :laugh2:

The hospital said that the training is because of the incident in order to prevent it from happening again. What other explanation is there for it other than punishment?

Good gawd you're a despicable human being if you imagine an awareness campaign is meant as punishment. Your post can actually be read as support for offending coworkers. WTF likes people who view THAT as normal behavior and appropriate work place behavior

I wouldn't sue anyone, but the employee should have been a little smarter.
When my friend dressed up with her husband as Bill and Monica it was hilarious, but we were at a house party. For work, she was something else.
It's the same reason I was Pippie for work a few years ago, and a sexy cat when I went out. No it isn't illegal, but one should realize what is workplace appropriate on their own.

I wouldn't sue anyone, but the employee should have been a little smarter.
When my friend dressed up with her husband as Bill and Monica it was hilarious, but we were at a house party. For work, she was something else.
It's the same reason I was Pippie for work a few years ago, and a sexy cat when I went out. No it isn't illegal, but one should realize what is workplace appropriate on their own.

Any fool can file a lawsuit, just look at the :cuckoo: who filed lawsuits regarding the President's birth certificate.

So why all the talk.about a lawsuit instead of talk about the incident and the company's response?

No, the hospital did NOT make it a political issue. It's not a political issue, no matter how hard you try to paint it as one.

It was a business decision.

It is a political issue, they were offended that a politician was mocked. Read the second post in this thread. He is not the fucking king, we can mock him.

The quote in the second post in this thread was made by a local Baptist preacher unaffiliated with the Hospital.

Probably just the sort of person the hospital is afraid of suing them.

Exactly, and he was offended because it was the president. That makes it political, even if you want to pretend it is about something else.

You can be against it all you want, and call it reeducation. Due to lawyers etc., this is what hospitals and corporations have to do now. They don't care about diversity, they care about the million dollar lawsuit.
In no way was this political. This was all about the hospital protecting itself.

Corporations have to overreact to people mocking the President of the United States? Why? When did it become illegal to mock people just because they got elected in a popularity contest? Why didn't they have to do it when Clinton was president?

Who said it was illegal?

Somebody must think it is, why else would they be worried about it?

I am guessing QW has never worked in healthcare or knows how to think like a real lawyer.

We had an hour in service at my last job on when we can allow residents to have sex and how to handle it if they were. We could actually get in trouble even sued for not allowing two dementia patients from having sex. We would probably never be sued over such an issue, but we all know how often people like to sue in regards to health care.

If this hospital didn't offer diversity training and another incident happened, it would make them wide open to a lawsuit. Even someone who doesn't think like a "real" lawyer can see that.

That guy is actually a hypocrite, which makes his feelings irrelevant.

Come to think of it, his feelings are irrelevant even if he isn't a hypocrite.

It is a political issue, they were offended that a politician was mocked. Read the second post in this thread. He is not the fucking king, we can mock him.

The quote in the second post in this thread was made by a local Baptist preacher unaffiliated with the Hospital.

Exactly, and he was offended because it was the president. That makes it political, even if you want to pretend it is about something else.

Who are you referring to when you say "they" made it political?

There are not two sides -- Agreeing Those Offended are being silly does not imply support for hysterical buffoons with faux outrage over company policy to attend a sensitivity training.

An awareness campaign is NOT punishment. Dante on one job was forced twice by company policy to attend sensitivty trainings, it made for great debate and discussion afterwards. Some minds were stuck like mud on tbe walls,,,many minds were changed and amused on a few levels.

There is only one side, the people who are offended are idiots. The rest of us can safely ignore the idiots.

All the people that were "offended" because a black president was mocked.

There is only one side, the people who are offended are idiots. The rest of us can safely ignore the idiots.

Well you surely set a very high bar on how to ignore idiots

:laugh2:

:thewave:

Previously, you said that the hospital made it political.

Now you say the "offended" people made it political.

Which was it? The hospital, or the people who complained to the hospital?

Corporations have to overreact to people mocking the President of the United States? Why? When did it become illegal to mock people just because they got elected in a popularity contest? Why didn't they have to do it when Clinton was president?

Who said it was illegal?

Deceit alert!

Any suit would be about a hostile work environment NOT about being legally in one's rights to mock a sitting president.

btw, what about workers forced to sit by as owners and bosses rip into a sitting president/

Kid in CA told me about Franchise owner going on and on about Democrats, liberals, Obama and obamacare during a required training on company culture and other stuff.

Your selective faux outrage is boring,...

this pc idiocy is jut getting totally out of control

he is a politician. what the heck has diversity to do with this stupidity?

How in the lily white, cracker world of wingnut nation could you know WHY people were offended? :eusa_shifty:

Who said it was illegal?

A civil suit over a hostile work environment would not require "mocking the President" to be illegal.

Forum List

Back