🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man wears Obama mask for Halloween

Any possible lawsuits by employees claiming they were horribly offended, and that it had created a hostile work environment, and they want a 6 figure settlement.

Hostile work environments are not created by one incident, even bitch stupid lawyers know that, which is why they always tell people to document.

On the other hand, they are created by patterns of abuse, like HR mandating that people who did not attend a party go through diversity training every time someone exercises their constitutional right of free speech. If I was an employee of that hospital I would file a complaint about the training, and refuse to attend. Then I would file suit of they tried to discipline me.

See why thinking like a real lawyer trumps acting like an idiot?

Apparently, the lawyers in the HR department of that large corporation disagree with your interpretation of the law.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Apparently, you think HR is staffed with lawyers instead of people who are actually trained in human resource management. Or did you not know that HR is an actual degree field?

Human Resource Management Degree | Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies

Hostile work environments are not created by one incident, even bitch stupid lawyers know that, which is why they always tell people to document.

On the other hand, they are created by patterns of abuse, like HR mandating that people who did not attend a party go through diversity training every time someone exercises their constitutional right of free speech. If I was an employee of that hospital I would file a complaint about the training, and refuse to attend. Then I would file suit of they tried to discipline me.

Apparently, the lawyers in the HR department of that large corporation disagree with your interpretation of the law.

Apparently, you think HR is staffed with lawyers instead of people who are actually trained in human resource management. Or did you not know that HR is an actual degree field?

Human Resource Management Degree | Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies

We can go back and forth on this for as long as you want.

You seem to disagree with the decision that the HR department made. You're welcome to your opinion, but it's the company's call to make, not yours. They made the call to cover their asses from legal action because they believe that to be the best decision from a business standpoint. You are free to disagree with them, just I'm free to disagree with McDonald's decision to stop selling the McRib - but neither of us should expect that our opinions would hold much weight in the matter.

You seem to disagree with the decision that the HR department made. You're welcome to your opinion, but it's the company's call to make, not yours. They made the call to cover their asses from legal action because they believe that to be the best decision from a business standpoint. You are free to disagree with them, just I'm free to disagree with McDonald's decision to stop selling the McRib - but neither of us should expect that our opinions would hold much weight in the matter.

I disagree with the idea that we cannot mock presidents, or anyone else. You chose to defend a company that supports that ridiculous concept, and I chose to lump you in with the idiots.

Live with it.

Want a real What the Fuck quote?

1st Street Baptist Church Pastor C.E. Timberlake says it's wrong to portray any president that way.
"I think it's very offensive and really that shouldn't have happened," Timberlake said. "There are other characters they could have dressed up and put a straitjacket other than the President of this country,"

Obama costume scares up controversy

Any President? Or just Obama?

straightjacket_dees.jpg

Bill-Clinton-in-Straight-Jacket-61759.jpg

It's protection from lawsuits. A business decision.

What lawsuits?

Any possible lawsuits by employees claiming they were horribly offended, and that it had created a hostile work environment, and they want a 6 figure settlement.

What a load of horse shit. Nice diversion from the reality that the Thought Police are on patrol everywhere. This is intimidation tactics; soft now, but beware if you don't tow the line.

You are the poster child for blind faith.

I disagree with the idea that we cannot mock presidents, or anyone else. You chose to defend a company that supports that ridiculous concept, and I chose to lump you in with the idiots.

Live with it.

I too believe that everyone has the right to mock whoever they want.

I also believe that the corporation has a "right" to protect themselves from fallout due to their employees "free speech."

Ideology doesn't trump reality.

Live with it.

I also believe that the corporation has a "right" to protect themselves from fallout due to their employees "free speech."

Once again, what fallout? Am I supposed to give in simply because you bring up a bogeyman?

Live with it.

Once again, what fallout? Am I supposed to give in simply because you bring up a bogeyman?

You're welcome to RAGE about it as much as you want, I don't care if you "give in". Honestly, I think this conversation is ludicrous.

Clearly the company was afraid of fallout. Whether or not there would have been any is completely irrelevant.

The company made the call. It's not necessarily the call I would have made, but it's not out of the ordinary either, and not a cause for your outrage and righteous fury.

PC assholes punish 749 people who did not wear the costume.

A picture of a Jennie Stuart Medical Center employee wearing a President Barack Obama mask and straitjacket at the hospital's annual costume party has stirred debate. Along with the costume (pictured above), a skit called "VIP Special Delivery" was performed, winning the group third place in the costume contest. As a result, all 750 employees have now been required to take diversity training. The VP of Human Resources at the medical center issued a statement to staff apologizing for anyone who was offended and personally took responsibility since the incident occurred on his watch.

Obama Costume at Kentucky Medical Center Event Spurs Debate, Diversity Training - WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

People have been dressing as politicians for years and nobody said shit about it. PC has gone to far.

I'm surprised Obama hasn't instructed his bitch, Harry Reid, to pass a law making it illegal to criticize him. He's already sent "truth squads" out to threaten people at election time.

You're welcome to RAGE about it as much as you want, I don't care if you "give in". Honestly, I think this conversation is ludicrous.

Clearly the company was afraid of fallout. Whether or not there would have been any is completely irrelevant.

The company made the call. It's not necessarily the call I would have made, but it's not out of the ordinary either, and not a cause for your outrage and righteous fury.

Rage?

You keep excusing this by bringing up fear as a justification. I find fear of something that might happen totally absurd, and want you to back up your claim that the fear is justified.

Why on Earth should they be afraid? Was the same company afraid when people dressed up like Bush, Clinton, or any previous president for Halloween?

Rage?

You keep excusing this by bringing up fear as a justification. I find fear of something that might happen totally absurd, and want you to back up your claim that the fear is justified.

Why on Earth should they be afraid? Was the same company afraid when people dressed up like Bush, Clinton, or any previous president for Halloween?

I believe we're having a hard time understanding each other.

I'm not making any argument that their fear was justified, only that it's apparent they were afraid, and that's why they did it.

You keep trying to turn this into an ideological issue, which is asinine. Ideology has nothing to do with this decision.

Rage?

I'm not making any argument that their fear was justified, only that it's apparent they were afraid, and that's why they did it.

You keep trying to turn this into an ideological issue, which is asinine. Ideology has nothing to do with this decision.

it is an ideological issue, the issue is that we can mock whoever the fuck we want.

By instituting a corrective measure for all its employees the hospital made it a political issue, and you argued that they should be able to make it a political issue because they were afraid.

If you want to whinge about the fact that we disagree about the seriousness of this, at least base your arguments on the actual facts.

Rage?

it is an ideological issue, the issue is that we can mock whoever the fuck we want.

By instituting a corrective measure for all its employees the hospital made it a political issue, and you argued that they should be able to make it a political issue because they were afraid.

If you want to whinge about the fact that we disagree about the seriousness of this, at least base your arguments on the actual facts.

No, the hospital did NOT make it a political issue. It's not a political issue, no matter how hard you try to paint it as one.

It was a business decision.

If the guy wearing the mask is black it's OK, if he's white he needs to be fired and charged with a hate crime

What lawsuits?

Were you thinking like a real lawyer? Are you a real lawyer?

I am not a real lawyer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize why a corporation would do this. It's called documenting, like you stated, and showing you tried to prevent a second incident.
Have you never worked in health care or a large corporation?
I worked for a company that offered sexual harassment training after a bunch of people started hooking up/dating. The number one reason they offered it was to help protect them from a lawsuit. To show they tried to prevent it from happening.

So in reality, they were thinking like a lawyer, and you were being an idiot.

Forum List

Back