🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Classmate recalled being mocked by Crooks for the classmate's support of Trump in 2016

You know I don't, and you spend more time on it than me, right?
Maybe I do. But the internet hasn’t rotted my brain and turned me into a crazy paranoid lunatic.

However much time you spend on the internet, it’s too much.

Kids are politically aware by age 8 in third grade.

By age 10 they are in middle school and they are strong in their opinions and political ideologies by then. I used to teach social studies to 138 ten and eleven year old sixth graders at a middle school.
Well I must really be getting to be an old man. If that's true I'm completely out of touch with this next generation. I thank you for waking me up to that.

Well I must really be getting to be an old man. If that's true I'm completely out of touch with this next generation. I thank you for waking me up to that.
I had to edit that so you can read the edited version.

Keep in mind that they were given computers to do virtual learning around age 8 due to the pandemic, so they learned a lot of different things about life two years before they got to me.

My grandson brought home a book by the name of DEAR MARTIN... Now I very rarely reveal details about myself let me just tell you that I I'm not Caucasian I won't go any further.

The book was written by Nikki Stone.... A medium talent who writes well and I'll give her high marks for all the technical aspects of writing a novel.
The entire book is filled with Black heroes and white villains.

It touches all the hot buttons.

It opens up with a drunk black female being helped by the story hero. To me that was just the sacrificial goat thrown in trying to prepare possible white readers for the horror show that was about to follow in the remaining chapters.

Of course Martin, is Martin Luther King. The story hero keeps a diary written to him.

His best friend is shot by a white cop who mistakenly thought that he was reaching for a gun.

The story hero ends up with a white girl of course, who is completely dedicated to him; not that there's anything wrong with that but it's just too sticky and subservient to stomach.

The rest of the white characters are all racists, dummies and overweight beer drinkers. All of the sage characters are either black or Hispanic. Once again not that there's anything wrong with it but the stereotyping is so heavy that it makes you nauseous. I swear she plagiarized all of the main traits of the character Rafiki from The Lion King in one of the characters.

My grandson complained that he was being mean to read this out loud every day in English class. So I bought the book electronically and read it in about 4 hours on a shift at work one night.

What followed was my harassment of the school board and my insistence that my grandson be excluded from that English class or given a real one.
So it was an English class, then?

Just not one using a text you like.

Okay, what I remember of my English classes was a whole bunch of stuff, some of it well written, some of it not. I remember our Junior English teacher (one of the few female teachers in an all Boys school) had us read MacBeth, Animal Farm, and 1984. A few other things as well.

Senior Year, we had a truly awful teacher, who had been bounced from his last school for hitting a student. The class realized they had a mark and taunted him endlessly to the point the Assistant Principle had to sit in the back of the class to threaten us.

You know what, we all got through that...

I had to edit that so you can read the edited version.

Keep in mind that they were given computers to do virtual learning around age 8 due to the pandemic, so they learned a lot of different things about life two years before they got to me.
Ahhh you're a teacher. Well God bless you I have the most respect for teachers. More so than any other profession. It takes a special type of person to be dedicated to it. In my opinion you are overworked, underpaid and massively underappreciated.

So it was an English class, then?

Just not one using a text you like.

Okay, what I remember of my English classes was a whole bunch of stuff, some of it well written, some of it not. I remember our Junior English teacher (one of the few female teachers in an all Boys school) had us read MacBeth, Animal Farm, and 1984. A few other things as well.

Senior Year, we had a truly awful teacher, who had been bounced from his last school for hitting a student. The class realized they had a mark and taunted him endlessly to the point the Assistant Principle had to sit in the back of the class to threaten us.

You know what, we all got through that...

You have it backwards. Everyone assumed the president was subject to the law. That’s why Nixon was pardoned. Hell, that’s why some Senate Republicans and Trump’s own lawyers wanted to acquit his second impeachment.

No one seriously thought about indicting Obama for murdering an American citizen is because Obama murdered an avowed terrorist who was responsible for the deaths of Americans.

Don’t pretend you care about accountability. You don’t.
The President is subject to the laws, Moroner.

Official acts of the President do not violate any laws, Moroner. That's what the SC ruled, Moroner.

You are lying. Doing it dozens of times will not change the fact you are lying, Moroner.

It's like:
You are "not" black if you are Republican... say some on the Left.

It's like:
You "can't" support Israel's survival if your'e an Arab - says wrewriter of History, racist Gilbert Achcar
- (promoted by biased wikipedians).

The 20-year-old gunman once mocked him over his support of former President Donald Trump and had a general disdain for mainstream politicians across the political aisle.
you "can't" support Israel's survival if your'e an Arab

The 20-year-old gunman once mocked him over his support of former President Donald Trump and had a general disdain for mainstream politicians across the political aisle.
brought up the fact that I'm Hispanic and, you know, I'm for Trump. And he said, 'Well, you're Hispanic, so shouldn't you hate Trump?'" Vincent Taormina told Fox News Digital Tuesday. "No. He's great. He was a great president. He called me stupid – or insinuated that I was stupid."

View attachment 978855
I am not surprised to hear this at all…look at his fellow dembots that post on this website.

The President is subject to the laws, Moroner.

Official acts of the President do not violate any laws, Moroner. That's what the SC ruled, Moroner.

You are lying. Doing it dozens of times will not change the fact you are lying, Moroner.
This is gibberish. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

This is gibberish. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.
No Moroner, you are a liar who either hasn't read the SC decision, are too stupid to comprehend it, or are outright lying about what the ruling is, Moroner.

Which is it, Moroner?

Except this supposed statement was made when the nominations hadn't been decided yet.
By May it was Trump Hillary and Bernie. Again unless you kept your 12 year old in a cave, they were probably discussing this in a school.

My grandson brought home a book by the name of DEAR MARTIN...
I found it online. It is described as an ADULT novel about racial tensions.

My grandson (Hispanic btw) complained that he was being made to read this out loud every day in English class.
Well, this does not pertain to english. It is a book aimed at steering attitudes about current racial problems. Sounds more like sociology. There were no books like that when I was in school, instead, we were given books about neutral things like geography, history, math, and science, then left to determine our own attitudes and opinions about the world.

In other words, we were taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

I don't know that I'd want my kid reading that book. I'd have to read it, but more important, decide whether it accurately reflected BOTH sides of any issues it delved into while allowing my child to decide his/her OWN opinions on matters!

Also, I'm not sure I'd want to read that book out-loud either. As a child, by ten at the most, I was functioning on an adult level and my question to the school might be:
  1. What does this book have to do with learning english, syntax and grammar?
  2. I'm not comfortable reading this book out-loud to the class, it offends my sensibilities, appears to be trying to determine MY attitudes towards social issues best decided by my parents and myself, and I prefer to read something else.
  3. I would like first to have my parents read this first to see if they approve of it before I read it myself much less read it to others.
Just my opinion on a book I have not actually read for myself, but offhand, it seems to be trying to paint a picture of judging people BY their skin color--- black person GOOD, and white person BAD, despite the fact that color is only skin deep--- isn't that the very ESSENCE of racism? Judging people by color instead of who they are and what they do???

Forum List

Back