🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

All you're doing here is repeating the standard old landlord line that says they need the increase to cover their costs. This might have been true in the past, with moderate increases, but over the last 5 years, it's a new and totally different ballgame, with rent increase of 100-200% common.

No landlord needs to raise rents $1000-2000/mo. This is insane. I hope Trump follows suit. I'm a Republican, and I've voted for Trump 3 times. I don't want to see him lose because of this. It could happen.

How about we cap your salary via government fiat as well?

You know they do it in California and what happend? Less housing is made.....thereby INCREASING the cost.....so this would backfire too.
What happened in California is that owners stopped maintaining properties until they became slums then either burned down or were abandoned. Parts of Santa Monica are rent controlled. San Juan Capistrano, Carson, parts of San Diego are all successfully rent controlled. A federal law would give us Moscow.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up.

All you're doing here is repeating the standard old landlord line that says they need the increase to cover their costs. This might have been true in the past, with moderate increases, but over the last 5 years, it's a new and totally different ballgame, with rent increase of 100-200% common.

No landlord needs to raise rents $1000-2000/mo. This is insane. I hope Trump follows suit. I'm a Republican, and I've voted for Trump 3 times. I don't want to see him lose because of this. It could happen.
You idiot, Bidenomics inflation has accounted for a minimum 20% increase in just about everything. Show us where rents have gone up 200%. If, and that's a huge IF, Biden were to cap increases, properties will be taken off the market...guaranteed.

What they need is a president interested in free enterprise and business growth, not total control over business.
You don't seem get the gist of what's going on here. You cant have "free enterprise and business growth" or have a business AT ALL, if you have housing rents taking away all your customers' purchasing $$$.
Get it ?

If you dont believe that, go ask the owners of Sam Ash Music, who just went out of business after being in business for 100 years. They were fine for a CENTURY, before housing rents went to the moon.

The rental cap is not total control over "business". It is PROTECTION of 99.99% of businesses from the excesses of .001% of business (rental housing) Get it ?

You don't seem get the gist of what going on here. You cant have "free enterprise and business growth" or have a business AT ALL, if you have housing rents taking away all your customers' purchasing $$$. Get t ?

If yo dont believe that, go ask the owners of Sam Ash Music, who just went ot of business after being in business fro 100 years. They were fine for a CENTURY, before housing rents went to the moon.
Ask Walgreens drug stores where 1200 stores are robbed out of existence.

You don't seem get the gist of what going on here. You cant have "free enterprise and business growth" or have a business AT ALL, if you have housing rents taking away all your customers' purchasing $$$. Get t ?

If yo dont believe that, go ask the owners of Sam Ash Music, who just went ot of business after being in business fro 100 years. They were fine for a CENTURY, before housing rents went to the moon.
I am very familiar with Sam Ash, spent a great deal of time there over the years.
We need a president interested in the country and not control. When we get that back, no need for more commie "control"......

This is not a leftist" issue. The cap would protect 99.99% of business owners in addition to renters. To those of us selling our wares on the open market, the astronomical rent increases of the past 5 years are the most damaging thing we have ever faced.

Many businesses have closed up entirely.
Ex. Sam Ash Music out of business (after 100 years)

To those of us selling our wares on the open market, the astronomical rent increases of the past 5 years are the most damaging thing we have ever faced.

Of course, you get to benefit from the free market, but landlords don't.
Have you always been such a commietwat?

You idiot, Bidenomics inflation has accounted for a minimum 20% increase in just about everything. Show us where rents have gone up 200%. If, and that's a huge IF, Biden were to cap increases, properties will be taken off the market...guaranteed.
You are the idiot. All over America apartment rentals are up 100-200%. just saw a youtube vide today that showed various cities with 1 bedrm apartments renting for $2200/month. A few years ago, they were $600 including the one I lived in, and moved from. That apartment is now $1600/mo (167% increase in 3 years)

NYC has has rent control on thousands of buildings for 100 years. They didnt get taken off the market. I grew up & lived in those buildings for 31 years. You dont know anything about this.

I am very familiar with Sam Ash, spent a great deal of time there over the years.
We need a president interested in the country and not control. When we get that back, no need for more commie "control"......
I dont buy your "commie"talk, when you hav no sympathy at all for Sam Ash, and thousands of other businesses being destroyed by exhorbitant housing rental rates.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

So, property taxes going to be the responsibility of the renters then?

You are the idiot. All over America apartment rentals are up 100-200%. just saw a youtube vide today that showed various cities with 1 bedrm apartments renting for $2200/month. A few years ago, they were $600 including the one I lived in, and moved from. That apartment is now $1600/mo (167% increase in 3 years)

NYC has has rent control on thousands of buildings for 100 years. They didnt get taken off the market. I grew up & lived in those buildings for 31 years. You dont know anything about this.
No kidding, you "saw" it on YouTube, you are too fricken stupid for words.

The definition of fascism is "government control over the production and distribution of goods and services". What about the landlords who are just getting by and illegals and other trash who cost them money?

Forum List

Back