🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

Trump MUST reciprocate with his own rent cap law. I would hate to see Biden steal the election (legally), just by advocating a very popular (and needed) reform.

Also, if Trump is to show that he s a man of the people, and a protector of business interests, he will have to parallel Biden on this issue.

And when the property owners costs go up?

Corporate landlords own less than half the rentals in this country. So this wouldnt affect everyone.
Can he even do this? I dont remember this being a federal power in the constitution..
You leftists sure do love your statism and hate federal restraint. Yall disgust me.
I believe the Commerce Clause would cover it

I believe the Commerce Clause would cover it
So you dont understand what that is. Not surprising.
How about an explanation of the commerce clause by the guy that wrote it?

"Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the 4 pillars of our prosperity, are then most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise. Protection from casual embarrassments(irregularities), however, may sometimes be seasonably interposed. If in the course of your observations or inquiries they should appear to need any aid within the limits of our constitutional powers, your sense of their importance is a sufficient assurance they will occupy your attention. We can not, indeed, but all feel an anxious solicitude for the difficulties under which our carrying trade will soon be placed. How far it can be relieved, otherwise than by time, is a subject of important consideration."

Now for the text:
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Hopefully you learned something today ;)

Of course with President Trump as the 47th president, and drill baby drill, then inflation will start to ease very quickly. That also would mean that wages would increase again, and the renters would be able to afford housing. What Joe Briben did, was screw over the whole nation, by causing the all mighty dollar to shrink almost by 50 percent, and all costs, food, energy, housing, healthcare costs went through the roof. if you want to continue this, vote for Joe Bribem.

So you dont understand what that is. Not surprising.
How about an explanation of the commerce clause by the guy that wrote it?

"Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the 4 pillars of our prosperity, are then most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise. Protection from casual embarrassments(irregularities), however, may sometimes be seasonably interposed. If in the course of your observations or inquiries they should appear to need any aid within the limits of our constitutional powers, your sense of their importance is a sufficient assurance they will occupy your attention. We can not, indeed, but all feel an anxious solicitude for the difficulties under which our carrying trade will soon be placed. How far it can be relieved, otherwise than by time, is a subject of important consideration."

Now for the text:
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Hopefully you learned something today ;)
It’s a change to the tax code. Doesn’t actually have anything to do with commerce clause or anything else.

It doesn’t actually cap rent increases, it just takes away depreciation away from property owners when they jack up rents.

It’s in the articles, which aren’t all that well written.

Prove that!! Name one facility
Thousands of apartment complexes have had rents go from $750/month to $2,200/month. Go to the Apartment Guide and call up any one or a dozen of them that have a 1 bedroom for $2200/month and ask then how much it rented for 5 years ago.

The one I head about recently was from a guy I met in the VA hospital. I dont know the name of that particular complex, but I dont need to know it. They are all like that. I can tell you 2 complexes where I lived and their rents, and you can call them & check.
1. Oakwood Apartments
1104 E 140th Ave, Tampa, FL 33613
I paid $600/mo in 2021. Rent now > $1200-$1600/mo. (167% increase)

2. Turtle Creek Apartments -
14620 Turtle Creek Cir Lutz, FL 33549
I paid $559/mo in 2019. Rent now > $1480- $1570 (181% increase)

According to Rent Research, April 2024 Rent Report, the national median price of an apartment in March was $1,987. But in many states it is much higher.
In New York - $2,869
California - $3,007
Connecticutt - $2,368
Colorado - $2,098
Georgia - $1,817
Florida - $2,117

Last edited:
This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

And as usual, FAR LEFTISTS want the Feds to step in, and do something they have no business in trying.

And look at this----------->this BOOB/BOOBLETTE wants Trump to follow suit with Leftists.

What this incompetent BOOB/BOOBLETTE doesn't want to tell you is this------------>Leftists have exerted so MUCH control over the environment, you can not build a housing complex in California for 10........let me spell that for you T-E-N years after you propose it. It is not as bad in New York, but it isn't good either. Leftists want to go UP, not out.

And why wouldn't they! If they can DRAG you back into the city, you are 1. having to pay taxes to them, and 2. entering an area where you have no political power whatsoever.

Doubt what I say is true? Well then, if you attended rudimentary high school, you know the law of supply and demand. The more demand, the higher the price goes for that product. The larger the supply, the more it drops.

Go to Google and look at the USA, Canada, and Mexico. From a satellite image, what is it you do NOT see! ANSWER------->You do NOT see Europe with cities and structures on top of each other. What you DO see is massive open land from ocean, to ocean if you go in 100 mls from the coastline inwards.

Point is.....we have people on top of people who can build structures for you to buy, or rent. The thing in the way, is GOVERNMENT. The more structures you have by % of the population, the lower the prices go.

In essence, your local governments are SCAMMING you, (and why should we not be surprised) and falsely creating a shortage where there should not be one by exerting influence we should NEVER allow them to have.

And when the property owners costs go up?
They don't go up to where they need to raise rents 100-200%.

Here's a question for you. What do you do ? when rents go so high that
1. renters are forced out of their homes
2. renters now pay so much in rent that they no longer have any money to buy the things that we business owners are trying to sell.

All depends on what the government is doing. Wanna take the government out of law enforcement ? The military ?
I don't know if they allow mass shoplifters out on no bail and drop all charges when they drive these businesses out of business, or Murderers out on any bail so they can murder again, then maybe so.

Give us renters a chance to pay our rents, and actually have some spending money left over.

Give us business owners a chance to have customers who have some spending money left over, to buy what we're trying to sell.

Forum List

Back