🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

Until you show some sympathy for the thousands of US BUSINESSES that your landlord buddies are destroying, you, and your :commie" card, can :anj_stfu:
I just remembered that during the Kung Flu, when Democrats were howling that rentees didnt have to pay rent for that time, no one was bitching, other than the renters who still had to pay their bills. Do you think, that they might be trying to recoup their losses, which always seems to happen when Democrats gain control.

Also, priorities. Housing and feeding themselves are priorities. Jordans, the latest NFL or NBA or MLB gear or the latest Iphone are not priorities. They don't need the most expensive new sportscar or SUV to get them to work--a used junker works well in a pinch.
Exactly, my generation understood this. Today's generation spend money as fast as they make it with no retirement savings or emergency fund. They gift a huge chunk of money to creditors. They live in Dem run shitholes that tax and fee them to death.

Social Security was never meant to be your sole source of income in retirement. VA pensions are kind of a joke unless you retired a lieutenant colonel. You needed to plan for this. I think we can agree it's not my responsibility to work overtime to pay your bills. At 78 you can't work a job really. You could find other retirees in the same situation, pool your SS and pensions and rent a place together. Or move in with your kids, I know a number of retirees who have done that. While I can sympathize with your situation, I don't want my retirement savings drained to pay for other people's lack of proper retirement planning. I passed on buying the boats and cars and instead put my money away. I passed on vacations and blowing money on credit cards to make sure my house was paid off in retirement. I should not now be penalized like I'm getting stuck with stupid people's student loan debt.
So we should do all those things, make all those concessions, just so ONE SINGLE BUSINESS ENTITY (landlords) can gouge their customers, run wild with their prices, and make life miserable for 99.99% of all the other businesses in our country, right ? Wrong.

Exactly, my generation understood this. Today's generation spend money as fast as they make it with no retirement savings or emergency fund. They gift a huge chunk of money to creditors. They live in Dem run shitholes that tax and fee them to death.
And dont forget they go out and get those 5 dollar meal deals and 7 dollar cups of Starbucks.

I just remembered that during the Kung Flu, when Democrats were howling that rentees didnt have to pay rent for that time, no one was bitching, other than the renters who still had to pay their bills. Do you think, that they might be trying to recoup their losses, which always seems to happen when Democrats gain control.
I dont know what Democrats do. I'm a Trump Republican. In my view, Democrats are INSANE.

So we should do all those things, make all those concessions, just so ONE SINGLE BUSINESS ENTITY (landlords) can gouge their customers, run wild with their prices, and make life miserable for 99.99% of all the other businesses in our country, right ? Wrong.
You could move? That is what the free market is all about. No one is there holding a gun to your head.

Provide proof the landlord is gouging you. Have you seen the balance sheet after the mountain of taxes and fees are paid. Covering the deadbeats who don't pay their rent and have to be evicted, court costs, property damage and maintenance. I'm guessing the answer is no. The reality is, the local market and real costs control rent prices. Unless your argument is 100% of landlords are price gouging which is absurd.

I'm telling you right now, when you dig into the details you will find state and local governments VAMPIRE SUCKING the life out of all businesses including rentals.

Yeah, Adapt. Good idea, >> 2% cap. 😐
Show us. Buy up some rentals and limit yourself. Show your commitment, show us how its done. It is the answer to all of your problems. You can expose those nasty landlords. LOL, let me know when you put your money where your mouth is. See you next month when you pull this tired old rant out again.

I dont know what Democrats do. I'm a Trump Republican. In my view, Democrats are INSANE.
Then you are going to have to suffer for a few more months, cut back on non essentials, live a very meager life until President Trump gets back in office. I did that when the brown turd Obammy got in office. No movies, not eating out, just buying a few guns, and eating hamburger helper for a while.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

I may not oppose the sentiment but I question whether or not he would have the legal authority to do this. It would, however, guarantee that rental property goes straight toward ghetto condition as it would not allow for improvements and maintenance.

You could move? That is what the free market is all about. No one is there holding a gun to your head.
I just DID move. TWICE. It gets pretty tiring, when you're 78 years old, and partially disabled. How about instead, landlords don't jack their rents up to the moon ? Why are we being so nice to them ?

I'd rather be nice to my ex-coworkers at Sam Ash Music, who are out looking for a job now, thanks to the greed freak landlords.

I may not oppose the sentiment but I question whether or not he would have the legal authority to do this. It would, however, guarantee that rental property goes straight toward ghetto condition as it would not allow for improvements and maintenance.
Try reading the thread, before posting. You were refuted 10 times, before you even typed your post.

They're making money on paper through the increase in value and equity of the property. How many of the private owners of these rent-controlled properties have become known as slum lords because they can't afford to maintain the properties due to rent control? Think critically, try it sometime.
Have you seen the size of these New York apartments? Instead of raising the rent, the shrink the apartments.

Aren't there any business owners in this forum ? Do you guys enjoy having your sales taken away from you ? Sheeesh!

Yawn I don't care about 10 pages of blather. Your source article does not address the issues I raised period.
I addressed your point ("guarantee that rental property goes straight toward ghetto condition as it would not allow for improvements and maintenance.") a dozen times, and refuted it entirely.

Forum List

Back