Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

Corporate landlords own less than half the rentals in this country. So this wouldnt affect everyone.
Can he even do this? I dont remember this being a federal power in the constitution..
You leftists sure do love your statism and hate federal restraint. Yall disgust me.
I think that violates separation of powers. Only congress has the right to regulate revenue, right?

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

It's $55 not 5%.

yeah but you made our rents go up from 1175 to 1800 making it too expensive for a Floridian to live on a Floridian wage. Houses are now over 400k that would sell for 30k back in the 70's and min wage was 3.35 an hour.
Do you understand supply and demand? The homes are selling for what the market will bear. If no one pays that price, then there would be no one asking for it. That is common sense. Do you actually think that every home owner/seller or landlord is conspiring against you individually? C'mon man, use your head. No one is going to be in business if they try to sell their products for more than what people are willing to pay.

I think that violates separation of powers. Only congress has the right to regulate revenue, right?
IDK, Nixon put wage/price controls on in the early 70s, I believe it was to combat inflation, could be wrong. People didn't like it but they were in place for a short time. I was not too politically aware at the time, so I can't speak to it with any authority.

Trump MUST reciprocate with his own rent cap law. I would hate to see Biden steal the election (legally), just by advocating a very popular (and needed) reform.

Also, if Trump is to show that he s a man of the people, and a protector of business interests, he will have to parallel Biden on this issue.

The feds have no authority in the matter, and no Trump should not propose unconstitutional BS like the commies tend to come up with.

The feds have no authority in the matter, and no Trump should not propose unconstitutional BS like the commies tend to come up with.

Use the words "commies" when you're not slamming US businesses, like you are.

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

Not everyone is a leech, like you.

No one is going to be in business if they try to sell their products for more than what people are willing to pay.
NO ONE is going to be in business, if landlords are allowed to keep gouging renters (who are also consumers/customers).

OH, TOO LATE. They've already gone out of business. Sam Ash and hundreds of others. If you weren't so busy licking landlords boots, you'd know that.

Last edited:
In other words it needs to be reduced not just capped. The cap isn't even a real cap It's just a controlled raise. All it does is ensure that the abuse will continue. Much more needs to be done.
It will not be reduced until demand drops.

That happens when the millions of illegals are deported.

In other words it needs to be reduced not just capped. The cap isn't even a real cap It's just a controlled raise. All it does is ensure that the abuse will continue. Much more needs to be done.
Oh absolutely yes. I've said many times there needs to be
1. caps
2. rollbacks to 2015 rent levels

Forum List

Back