🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man wears Obama mask for Halloween

I believe we're having a hard time understanding each other.

I'm not making any argument that their fear was justified, only that it's apparent they were afraid, and that's why they did it.

You keep trying to turn this into an ideological issue, which is asinine. Ideology has nothing to do with this decision.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

it is an ideological issue, the issue is that we can mock whoever the fuck we want.

By instituting a corrective measure for all its employees the hospital made it a political issue, and you argued that they should be able to make it a political issue because they were afraid.

If you want to whinge about the fact that we disagree about the seriousness of this, at least base your arguments on the actual facts.

No, the hospital did NOT make it a political issue. It's not a political issue, no matter how hard you try to paint it as one.

It was a business decision.

I am guessing QW has never worked in healthcare or knows how to think like a real lawyer.

We had an hour in service at my last job on when we can allow residents to have sex and how to handle it if they were. We could actually get in trouble even sued for not allowing two dementia patients from having sex. We would probably never be sued over such an issue, but we all know how often people like to sue in regards to health care.

If this hospital didn't offer diversity training and another incident happened, it would make them wide open to a lawsuit. Even someone who doesn't think like a "real" lawyer can see that.

Silly, but sillier is the "omfg!" imbecillity of viewing a training as some 'punishment' :laugh2:

The hospital said that the training is because of the incident in order to prevent it from happening again. What other explanation is there for it other than punishment?

I believe the preferred term is "reeducation camp".

Silly, but sillier is the "omfg!" imbecillity of viewing a training as some 'punishment' :laugh2:

The hospital said that the training is because of the incident in order to prevent it from happening again. What other explanation is there for it other than punishment?

You can be against it all you want, and call it reeducation. Due to lawyers etc., this is what hospitals and corporations have to do now. They don't care about diversity, they care about the million dollar lawsuit.
In no way was this political. This was all about the hospital protecting itself.

You can be against it all you want, and call it reeducation. Due to lawyers etc., this is what hospitals and corporations have to do now. They don't care about diversity, they care about the million dollar lawsuit.
In no way was this political. This was all about the hospital protecting itself.

Thanks, I will be against the collossal waste of time and money brought about by frivalous lawsuits and the abulance chaser wannabe's who graduated last in their class at law school.

Of course it's political when the President of the United States finds himself in a protected group, reguardless of which president it happens to be at the moment.

And not for nothing but more often than not, it's the Left who are the bought bitches of the trial lawyers and who trumpet the sensitivity police at every turn. (thus making such suits possible and lucrative) It's bad for the economy, it's bad for hospitals and corporations alike, but hey, at least it's good for a truckload of campaign cash every couple of years right?

Thanks again though. I'm glad it's ok for me to snark and roll my eyes at the latest in Lefty be-clownery.

Thanks, I will be against the collossal waste of time and money brought about by frivalous lawsuits and the abulance chaser wannabe's who graduated last in their class at law school.

Of course it's political when the President of the United States finds himself in a protected group, reguardless of which president it happens to be at the moment.

And not for nothing but more often than not, it's the Left who are the bought bitches of the trial lawyers and who trumpet the sensitivity police at every turn. (thus making such suits possible and lucrative) It's bad for the economy, it's bad for hospitals and corporations alike, but hey, at least it's good for a truckload of campaign cash every couple of years right?

Thanks again though. I'm glad it's ok for me to snark and roll my eyes at the latest in Lefty be-clownery.

More often than not, it's people from both sides.
This isn't a liberal, conservative issue. Don't try to pretend it is.

I believe we're having a hard time understanding each other.

I'm not making any argument that their fear was justified, only that it's apparent they were afraid, and that's why they did it.

You keep trying to turn this into an ideological issue, which is asinine. Ideology has nothing to do with this decision.

it is an ideological issue, the issue is that we can mock whoever the fuck we want.

By instituting a corrective measure for all its employees the hospital made it a political issue, and you argued that they should be able to make it a political issue because they were afraid.

If you want to whinge about the fact that we disagree about the seriousness of this, at least base your arguments on the actual facts.

No, the hospital did NOT make it a political issue. It's not a political issue, no matter how hard you try to paint it as one.

It is a political issue, they were offended that a politician was mocked. Read the second post in this thread. He is not the fucking king, we can mock him.

Any possible lawsuits by employees claiming they were horribly offended, and that it had created a hostile work environment, and they want a 6 figure settlement.

Hostile work environments are not created by one incident, even bitch stupid lawyers know that, which is why they always tell people to document.

On the other hand, they are created by patterns of abuse, like HR mandating that people who did not attend a party go through diversity training every time someone exercises their constitutional right of free speech. If I was an employee of that hospital I would file a complaint about the training, and refuse to attend. Then I would file suit of they tried to discipline me.

See why thinking like a real lawyer trumps acting like an idiot?

Were you thinking like a real lawyer? Are you a real lawyer?

I am not a real lawyer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize why a corporation would do this. It's called documenting, like you stated, and showing you tried to prevent a second incident.
Have you never worked in health care or a large corporation?
I worked for a company that offered sexual harassment training after a bunch of people started hooking up/dating. The number one reason they offered it was to help protect them from a lawsuit. To show they tried to prevent it from happening.

So in reality, they were thinking like a lawyer, and you were being an idiot.

If I am offended by attending diversity training because a bunch of black people made fun of another black man at a party I did not attend should I be able to sue? Why they fuck does the hospital need to provide diversity training to black people about the proper way to treat a president anyway?

Or did you think this was about race? Wouldn't that make you a racist?

I am guessing QW has never worked in healthcare or knows how to think like a real lawyer.

We had an hour in service at my last job on when we can allow residents to have sex and how to handle it if they were. We could actually get in trouble even sued for not allowing two dementia patients from having sex. We would probably never be sued over such an issue, but we all know how often people like to sue in regards to health care.

If this hospital didn't offer diversity training and another incident happened, it would make them wide open to a lawsuit. Even someone who doesn't think like a "real" lawyer can see that.

I live in the real world, and it should offend you that anyone thinks a president is above being mocked.

Bullshit, you can't sue somebody for mocking the president. This is about our whiny ass president and his whiny ass followers not wanting him criticized.

Corporations have to overreact to people mocking the President of the United States? Why? When did it become illegal to mock people just because they got elected in a popularity contest? Why didn't they have to do it when Clinton was president?

Last edited:

Show me which conservatives who think it is wrong to put in a straightjacket and an Obama mask for Halloween.

It is a political issue, they were offended that a politician was mocked. Read the second post in this thread. He is not the fucking king, we can mock him.

The quote in the second post in this thread was made by a local Baptist preacher unaffiliated with the Hospital.

Probably just the sort of person the hospital is afraid of suing them.

Show me which conservatives who think it is wrong to put in a straightjacket and an Obama mask for Halloween.

Did you read the post I quoted?
Or do you think only liberals are sue happy?

Corporations have to overreact to people mocking the President of the United States? Why? When did it become illegal to mock people just because they got elected in a popularity contest? Why didn't they have to do it when Clinton was president?

Who said it was illegal?

Bullshit, you can't sue somebody for mocking the president. This is about our whiny ass president and his whiny ass followers not wanting him criticized.

Is Obama involved in this at all?

No, this is about corporations having been sued for stupid crap for years and them now protecting themselves from lawsuits.

PC assholes punish 749 people who did not wear the costume.

A picture of a Jennie Stuart Medical Center employee wearing a President Barack Obama mask and straitjacket at the hospital's annual costume party has stirred debate. Along with the costume (pictured above), a skit called "VIP Special Delivery" was performed, winning the group third place in the costume contest. As a result, all 750 employees have now been required to take diversity training. The VP of Human Resources at the medical center issued a statement to staff apologizing for anyone who was offended and personally took responsibility since the incident occurred on his watch.

Obama Costume at Kentucky Medical Center Event Spurs Debate, Diversity Training - WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

My condolences to anyone who has ever worn a straight jacket. Having barack obama compared to you must be devastating.

Who was injured here? Other than barack obama, no one should be offended. He, being a public figure is free game.

Who was injured here? Other than barack obama, no one should be offended. He, being a public figure is free game.

Your opinion of whether or not anyone "should" be offended is irrelevant. As QW has already pointed out, at least one local Baptist minister is offended, and apparently so were the co-workers who brought it to the attention of HR.

Is it a black vs. white issue? There were 2 black men involved. How can this be a race issue. And how could some other hospital employee claim damages if these 2 men didn't?

Your opinion of whether or not anyone "should" be offended is irrelevant. As QW has already pointed out, at least one local Baptist minister is offended, and apparently so were the co-workers who brought it to the attention of HR.
But not the coworkers with the masked man in the photo? Why is that? I suppose some people do make a career out of suing for imagined offensiveness, but, I mean, SHIT. You want equal rights? Don't think you can sue because a man with your complexion was teased a bit in a costume contest.

Forum List

Back