Mass intoxication

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
In this era of mass shootings, more and more people want to ban guns.

However:

There are some 88,000 deaths due to alcohol in the US in 2018, a drug that kills more people every year than any other drug, and it dwarfs the number of gun deaths in the US

Should the US go back to prohibition? Why are there not more who want to ban alcohol as well?

2018 Alcoholism Statistics You Need to Know | Talbott Recovery

The issue for me is morality. Laugh if you will but consider the following.

IF society has the morality of a prison cell, then to maintain order you will have to take all sharp objects away from them and somehow contain them to maintain any measure of civil order.

In a society that has rejected the notion that morality is more important than making money, and a society that is rejecting God more and more, we draw closer to an amoral police state.

The Lefts answer is simply to cork all forks and increase taxes to help the state control society. Their answer is that money will solve all our problems if only the money were in the right hands

Prove me wrong Dems.

Last edited:

However:

There are some 88,000 deaths due to alcohol in the US in 2018, a drug that kills more people every year than any other drug, and it dwarfs the number of gun deaths in the US

Should the US go back to prohibition? Why are there not more who want to ban alcohol as well?

IF society has the morality of a prison cell, then to maintain order you will have to take all sharp objects away from them and somehow contain them to maintain any measure of civil order.

In a society that has rejected the notion that morality is more important than making money, and a society that is rejecting God more and more, we draw closer to an amoral police state.

The Lefts answer is simply to cork all forks and increase taxes to help the state control society. Their answer is that money will solve all our problems if only the money were in the right hands

Prove me wrong Dems.

Do you have an military assault weapon??

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

You don't even know what one is

Last edited:
This was mass murder. No guns involved.

Truck driver was on drugs, reaching for drink at time of deadly New Hampshire crash, report says

BOSTON – The truck driver who killed seven motorcyclists when he crossed a double-yellow line on a highway in rural New Hampshire was high on drugs and claims he was reaching for a drink just before the collision, according to a federal inspection report.

The report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, obtained by USA TODAY via a public records request, offers the most detailed analysis yet of the deadly June 21 crash.The Boston Globe was the first to report the findings.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, a 23-year-old truck driver employed by Westfield Transport Inc., has been charged with seven counts of negligent homicide.

The report says Zhukovskyy, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, tested positive for a narcotic or amphetamine, making him "incapable of safe operation" when he crashed the 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck and trailer. The report did not specify the drug.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

I have 3 anti-aircraft guns.....a couple of 105mm howitzers....a 81mm mortar launcher....and 2 or three tactical nukes 20 megatons each.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

You don't even what one is

Yes I know, I only shot the M16 in the service. I have not owned a gun ever since. I loved the rifle range though.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

Yes I know, I only shot the M16 in the service. I have not owned a gun ever since. I loved the rifle range though.
You must be a babykiller then.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

No I never shot anyone, I made sure of that when I joined the NG.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

No I never shot anyone, I made sure of that when I joined the NG.
They called me a babykiller back in the 70s when I was in the Navy.
Back then....all you had to do is wear a uniform.

This was mass murder. No guns involved.

Truck driver was on drugs, reaching for drink at time of deadly New Hampshire crash, report says

BOSTON – The truck driver who killed seven motorcyclists when he crossed a double-yellow line on a highway in rural New Hampshire was high on drugs and claims he was reaching for a drink just before the collision, according to a federal inspection report.

The report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, obtained by USA TODAY via a public records request, offers the most detailed analysis yet of the deadly June 21 crash.The Boston Globe was the first to report the findings.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, a 23-year-old truck driver employed by Westfield Transport Inc., has been charged with seven counts of negligent homicide.

The report says Zhukovskyy, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, tested positive for a narcotic or amphetamine, making him "incapable of safe operation" when he crashed the 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck and trailer. The report did not specify the drug.

And your point is??

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

Alcohol is not at present a politically charged substance. Nor does alcohol fit into, perpetuate or effect in any way the ideological narrative of the radical American left. If it did, consuming or mentioning it in any form would be deemed the opposite of politically correct.

Speaking to morality, and despite the obvious anti-good/decent/sane cultural platforms of the American radical left, they continue to religiously believe they hold the dry moral high ground. Some Democrats seem to align their life beliefs with the radical left because they want to feel good about themselves for bleeding their hearts for so-called victim minority groups. Others simply despise Trump and that's enough for them. Still others are "morally" mired down in the twisted belief that men are out to control their bodies and so to prevent that they'll champion and participate in mass murder of the unborn. Very few Americans who identify with the radical left completely understand what the radical left stands for. If they did, I am certain they'd jump ship or not vote at all.

Speaking to the overall motivation of the most radical among the far left, morality has nothing to with it. All the race warfare outrage, all the support for homosexuality, transgenderism and the plight of illegal aliens, global warming and anti-patriotism—all of that is simply a means to power; a means for transforming America into the communist utopia they've dreamed about for centuries. That's it, nothing more. Of course, millions of Americans who support the Democratic Party have no understanding of what they've climbed into bed with and won't, not until it's too late.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

Do you have any idea what that is? Further, it's none of your business. Tell me, do you remember those Styrofoam bricks for sale back in the 80's? The one's sold in department stores people could use to throw at their television sets when something happened that pissed them off in their favorite shows? Well, I am throwing one of those at your post, in spirit.

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

Do you have any idea what that is? Further, it's none of your business. Tell me, do you remember those Styrofoam bricks for sale back in the 80's? The one's sold in department stores people could use to throw at their television sets when something happened that pissed them off in their favorite shows? Well, I am throwing one of those at your post, in spirit.

I know I shot a M16 in the service and I know there is no need of them in the hands of civilians in the US. Keep your gun and hunting rifle, but not assault weapons. Also magazines should never be larger than 10 bullets.

Last edited:

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

I know I shot a M16 in the service and I know there is not a need of them in the hands of civilians in the US. Keep your gun and hunting rifle, but not assault weapons.

Did you wound it badly when you "shot" it? When I went through OSUT at Ft. Leonard Wood nearly thirty years ago we "fired" our weapons for qualification. As long as the police and military continue to bear the latest in combat rifles, which they must, so should the American People be unrestricted in keeping and bearing the same. There's no need for a three-round burst trigger group or armor piercing ammo, say the gun grabbers. I say that's all fine and good until that need arises, and someday it might.

Yeah !
Make cocaine,heroin and opiates illegal too. Cigarettes too !
My gawd man. The entire political system would be in detox for months !
They'd have to allow Kieth Richards, Eric Clapton and Robert plant in our executive branch to run things while the clowns were in homes for treatment. Jimmy Carter 2020

However:

Prove me wrong Dems.

I know I shot a M16 in the service and I know there is not a need of them in the hands of civilians in the US. Keep your gun and hunting rifle, but not assault weapons.

Did you wound it badly when you "shot" it? When I went through OSUT at Ft. Leonard Wood nearly thirty years ago we "fired" our weapons for qualification. As long as the police and military continue to bear the latest in combat rifles, which they must, so should the American People be unrestricted in keeping and bearing the same. There's no need for a three-round burst trigger group or armor piercing ammo, say the gun grabbers. I say that's all fine and good until that need arises, and someday it might.

What would anyone need a military assault rifle? If China or Iran attacks us, it wouldn't be with guns.

Forum List

Back