Mayorkas: Border crisis is "unsustainable". I thought the border was closed.

I think the only actual policy Biden's changed is that asylum seekers are let in, and then placed with a sponsor who guarantees to support them. We have a backlog of over a million asylum applications. My biggest gripe with Biden is that he hasn't already doubled the number of immigration judges for those cases. And we could be more selective in who is not summarily sent back. Biden's initial comments basically saying "ya'll come in" were not helpful.

So you're suggesting the 200,000+ that got in last month all had sponsors? Sure, we believe that...NOT.

I think the only actual policy Biden's changed is that asylum seekers are let in, and then placed with a sponsor who guarantees to support them. We have a backlog of over a million asylum applications. My biggest gripe with Biden is that he hasn't already doubled the number of immigration judges for those cases. And we could be more selective in who is not summarily sent back. Biden's initial comments basically saying "ya'll come in" were not helpful.

So called sponsors have been overwhelmed for awhile, like Catholic Community Services. Biden did away with shipping them back to Mexico or wherever, in order to wait for a hearing.
They're being shipped all over and being dropped off in small towns with little to no resources and often not being tested for Covid. The Fed's don't test! Instead leave it up to a 3rd Party IF one even exists!
It's a debacle given the humongous numbers.

Forum List

Back