Mechanical DC to AC invention for rivers and flags

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Here's a nifty invention to convert DC like a river or wind current into AC. The wheel spins and puts alternating force on the lever which then operates any number of ways to create electricity. A tarp dragging in the water or flag in the wind attached to this wheel with rope and springs between would be much more efficient then a water wheel. The ropes and springs would allow for the flag to extend as the lever is forced down, and then the flag gets pulled back in between the teeth of the wheel. Anyone want to beat me to the spring rope setup feel free, I always welcome additions to my ideas.

NG20240821-121541.png

Here's a nifty invention to convert DC like a river or wind current into AC. The wheel spins and puts alternating force on the lever which then operates any number of ways to create electricity. A tarp dragging in the water or flag in the wind attached to this wheel with rope and springs between would be much more efficient then a water wheel. The ropes and springs would allow for the flag to extend as the lever is forced down, and then the flag gets pulled back in between the teeth of the wheel. Anyone want to beat me to the spring rope setup feel free, I always welcome additions to my ideas.

View attachment 999064
What would you imagine as a practical application?

Forum List

Back