You may ask "Which Universe Am I In?"

Speaking of universes, Ding, what do think of this quote from “Person of Interest”?

- That man has spent everyday of his life believing that there is actually some sort of higher plan. Thats the problem with humans. They just sit around hoping that someone will fix things. But no one will. No one cares. The universe is infinite, chaotic and cold. And there has never been a plan.​

Speaking of universes, Ding, what do think of this quote from “Person of Interest”?

- That man has spent everyday of his life believing that there is actually some sort of higher plan. Thats the problem with humans. They just sit around hoping that someone will fix things. But no one will. No one cares. The universe is infinite, chaotic and cold. And there has never been a plan.​
I think he sounds like someone who has been defeated by the complexities of life.

I think he sounds like someone who has been defeated by the complexities of life.

I didn’t mean for it to be personal. Merely a statement on reality.

Here’s another one:

“Schrodinger said at its base level, the universe isn't made up of physical matter, but just shapes. A shape, you know? Nothing firm. What it means is the real world is essentially a simulation anyway. I like that idea. That even if we're not real, we represent a dynamic. A tiny finger tracing a line in the infinite. A shape. And then we're gone. Listen, all I’m saying is that if we're just information, just noise in the system... we might as well be a symphony.”​

I didn’t mean for it to be personal. Merely a statement on reality.

Here’s another one:

“Schrodinger said at its base level, the universe isn't made up of physical matter, but just shapes. A shape, you know? Nothing firm. What it means is the real world is essentially a simulation anyway. I like that idea. That even if we're not real, we represent a dynamic. A tiny finger tracing a line in the infinite. A shape. And then we're gone. Listen, all I’m saying is that if we're just information, just noise in the system... we might as well be a symphony.”​
I understand, but that's what it sounded like to me. Someone who was defeated by life. I wasn't trying to make it personal either.

I do believe everything is information but I don't think it's a computer simulation though.

one can skip posts in between these two
Being didactic and a loner, I never did learn to know all the names of all things I was interested in.

So maybe in your genius, you can fill in the blanks _________? :

Richard Feynman - The World from another point of view

04:00

the ultimate constituents of the world in this search Fineman[sic] is a celebrated Maverick who was encouraged by his father a New York Clothing salesman to confront conventional wisdom

"One Sunday all the kids were all walking in little parties with their fathers in the woods. Then the next Monday we were playing in a field, and the kid said to me say what's that bird, what's the name of - do you know the name of that bird? I says I have the slightest idea. He said well it's a brown throated thrush. He says your father doesn't teach you anything, but my father had already taught me about the names of birds.

He once, we walked and he says that's a brown Throated of thrush. He says know what the name of that bird, it's a brown Throated of thrush, in German it's called a Braunkehldrossel, in Chinese it's called A Zōng hóu huàméi, in Japanese a Chairo no nodotsugumi and so on, and it - when you know all the names in every language of that bird you know nothing, but absolutely nothing about the bird. Then we would go on and talk about the pecking and the feathers.

So I had learned already that names don't constitute knowledge, if knowing the name of something -- that's caused me a certain trouble since, because I refuse to learn the name of anything. So when someone comes in and says uh you got any explanation for the F__________ experiment, I says what, what what's that? He says you know that the long lived __________ disintegrates into two _________. Oh, oh yes now. I know but I never know the names of things. What he forgot to tell me was that the knowing the names of things is useful if you want to talk to somebody else, so you tell them what you're talking about.

But the basic principle of knowing about something rather than just knowing its name is something that you stuck to is it?

Yes of course it's you have to learn these are kind of disciplines in the field of science that you have to learn that to know when you know and when you don't know and what it is you know and what it is you don't know and it's uh you got to be very careful not to confuse yourself."

Being a stalker never gets old for the dainty. Born a hapless troll, he/she/it never moved on.

usmb BA sniffing butt 1.jpg

see below:

The dainty cannot help but troll and post off topic even in its own thread.

The OCD he displays is matched only by its narcissism and fundamental dishonesty.

At the risk of compelling the troll boi, the dainty, to post on topic in his own shit thread:

The fact that some quantum physicists speculate that we might be just a tiny part of an even more unimaginably massive multiverse does not mean that there IS any other universe.

So the thread headline is kind of silly.

The dainty cannot help but troll and post off topic even in its own thread.

The OCD he displays is matched only by its narcissism and fundamental dishonesty.

At the risk of compelling the troll boi, the dainty, to post on topic in his own shit thread:

The fact that some quantum physicists speculate that we might be just a tiny part of an even more unimaginably massive multiverse does not mean that there IS any other universe.

So the thread headline is kind of silly.
BA appears on cue:

It's like being on the old piers, using a drop line fishing for the bottom feeding flounders.

Forum List

Back