The Glacial-Interglacial Cycle is Driven by Orbital Forcing

We aren't discussing the seasons. We are discussing the 41,000 year cycle over which Earth's obliquity varies from 22.1 to 24.5 degrees.

Initially, the glacial-interglacial cycles had a period of 41,000 years, matching that of obliquity. About one million years ago at a point in time called the MPT for Mid-Pleistocene Transition, the amplitude of the temperature oscillation increased and the period increased to 100,000 years (the period of eccentricity). If you want to debate these points, you need to do a little reading. Just reading ding posts won't do anything for you.

Do you have a citation ... or are you just making this up as you go ...

Interglacial cycles are 125,000 years ... that doesn't match obliquity ... stupid ... why are you saying they do ...

I took some classes in astronomy and astrophysics, as well as the orbital mechanics covered in calculus classes ... I've done a lot of reading on this subject ... irradiation is an "inverse square of distant" law ... same with insolation ... obliquity doesn't change distance, it doesn't change climate ...

Eccentricity deserves your mathematical knowhow ... go ahead, I dare you ... calculate the change in temperature due to a change in eccentricity ... and show your math, I don't think you can to be frank ... you need to read up on high school geometry ...

Do you have a citation ... or are you just making this up as you go ...

Interglacial cycles are 125,000 years ... that doesn't match obliquity ... stupid ... why are you saying they do ...

I took some classes in astronomy and astrophysics, as well as the orbital mechanics covered in calculus classes ... I've done a lot of reading on this subject ... irradiation is an "inverse square of distant" law ... same with insolation ... obliquity doesn't change distance, it doesn't change climate ...

Eccentricity deserves your mathematical knowhow ... go ahead, I dare you ... calculate the change in temperature due to a change in eccentricity ... and show your math, I don't think you can to be frank ... you need to read up on high school geometry ...
All I want to know is whether or not you're with ding.

Forum List

Back